Jyx Rework

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Okay guys I don't like to gloat about stuff but YOU ARE WELCOME.

I am the guy who talked to Gedden and helped him do the Jyx Rework. Also am the guy who pointed out how silly and stupid Tales was to him.

How you guys liking the new Jyx?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Are you joking? what is in the first upgrade path?

3. Skullferno

I am not joking. Yesterday Gedden's and I reworked him from top to bottom and I am sorry about that evil aura stuff but we had to find middle ground. I tried to get Abosrb in there but it wouldn't fly. He is now a Rouge not an Assassin

4. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

nice, glad you could save him from complete butchering unlike some other split heros (kiergana, zeventrech)
    nevermind

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    Skullferno likes this.
  5. GabrielQ

The combination of rapid attack and execute hurts my feelings, why'd you keep fire immunity is beyond my understanding also.
    Also, that's the design for a melee grunt, why did you think it would be fitting for the status of a split hero.

6. Skullferno

The idea was a bruiser rogue not an assassin. Rapid Attacks were suppose to enable lot of dmg same with execute. We kept fire immunity because he is a demon and demons are born in fire.

Literary Gabriel xD you are the only person who has complained about him. Everyone else loves it

7. Skullferno

Also note it's not fukcing 110 nora. It's barely rough the mid 80's to mid 70's

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i currently do not own a jyx so i can not see his upgrade paths. I look at his nora cost and i am way happy. I look at him without manic or stealth, and i realize, we have not talked in so long that i do not know who jyx is any more.

Skullferno likes this.
  9. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Nevermind, I thought I read a different version yesterday, I don't actually like this version of Jyx

10. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

The change is absolutely terrible, like most other changes.
    He was unique and had a role, now he is indeed a nameless grunt, less efficient than most other grunts to boot.

11. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

the bloated toad or the hippo rider is better for the same role as he provides and cheaper to boot. following on from that why would anybody take that over timothy? you needed to make him do something very unique for him to be worth playing and you didn't, so he isn't worth it. (rapid assault really isn't all that good on a unit with 1 defense and no defensive abilities outside of evil aura that only works if your opponent is dumb.)

12. Skullferno

You guys can talk to Gedden and try to get that "unique" thing. Geddens will say "Okay, sounds great! Let me calculate that up for you guys. Okay the total is 110 base nora" I just tried to get a hero that doesn't cost so much and can't be one rounded and a waste. Rather have a nameless grunt that can actually be summoned than a 124 nora hero that will barely see the field and when he does he gets focused and blasted.

Woffleet likes this.
  13. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Jyx was best to run with RA anyway, so I'd prefer 124n.

14. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

It can still be one rounded so you failed and it will still be focused and blasted because its damage output, rapid assault plus execute are absurd for his cost. all you did was replace a red bullseye for a blue bullseye. you solved nothing.

15. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Soul siphon would go a long way on that upper upgrade tree.

Skullferno likes this.
  16. Skullferno

I like him. Bite me if you don't. I talked to 6 others who do like him now. Guess it's a 50/50. Can't please everyone. Now I know what they go through when making/reworking/nerfing/buffing runes and I frankly don't give a Firk anymore what you guys think. Sorry for disappointing you but, not sorry cause I think he looks nice now.

Woffleet likes this.
  17. theKraken

I defiantly like jyx (new and old). He was really fun in a death benefit bg (Ud split). Just wanted that back. figued by that being in upgrades it would be a +5-10 nora to run him with it over aura or rend

18. Skullferno

Okay guys, with talk with 3 other close friends who are also FS players, Lets not worry about who ruined what or get all pissy (sorry for that last post I was angry cause I wanted to help not hurt)

Lets get some ideas going. What do we want to see him as. Help me to help you guys. I just don't want another 120 nora hero that is useless.

My idea is to maybe give him Soul Siphon to help surviabilty or maybe Leech Vitality.

Jeeperz2 brought up that he likes the new beater brute but he liked the old pre-revamp one too. He suggested that in the upgrades you should be able to take different paths onto what your play style is.

Upgrade Paths 1: Rapid Attack 3, Stealth, Manic

Upgrade Path 2: Absorb, Assassinate, Execute

Add Soul Siphon or Leech Vitality to base instead of fire immunity (even though he is suppose to be a demon/salaman and they have great immunity to fire in lore but who cares about that *sigh*)

Give me feedback. That way we can get the hero we want and send that to Gedden's for change. He is very open to change but I don't want everyone to send him different stuff. Let's put all our heads together and give him 1 solid message not 70 different ideas.

Lets do this guys. Together.

Woffleet and theKraken like this.
  19. theKraken

Salaman could lose immunity fire and get something much cooler in general.

Im not sure but leech vit or soul siphon cost but they might be expensive abilities. So they may need to go to upgrades.

Also this is how heros should be, unique with different build paths. They don't need to be op, just need some cool factor with options.

20. GabrielQ

As jyx is a salaman demon, giving him absorb would be countersynergetic with demon shield.
    I think that rapid attack, execute and assasinate should be in the same upgrade path, to avoid inconsistencies in the rune with basic/non basic triggers.
    I think second upgrade path should be things that help with the damage dealing, like strike, corruption (blade looks evil) or hostile, of course there will be some undesirable combinations (assasinate + strike) but as long as those aren't the predetermined it should be ok.

He should lose immunity and execute base and gain a way to stealth on base, and I think soul siphon should be base too, to give him that something to justify his split hero status.
    If cost goes too high, I would reduce damage and hp till tolerable, soul siphon should make up for that in the game.

StupidJerk, Woffleet, Joker and 2 others like this.