Kanen Crone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aghatoor, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Screenshot_2016-04-13-15-41-20-1.png
    This is currently my build for the Kanen Crone, and i find her so good after the modify from last patch, so she is ok, bur i'd like to see some little change in her upgrade paths to make her playable as a full support unit and not just as a beater (and just in kanens). I was thinking about putting Dispel/Dispelling Blow in her first upgrade path, and rite of creation/destruction in the second one. What do tou think about this idea?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Multi roles for champions (beater + support; support + tank; etc) are usually a bad idea bud.

3. Aghatoor

Yes i know that is not the greatest idea giving the same champion most roles because it can be abused or either become not that good in both roles, but the Crone has got support unit stats and a beater attitude. This little change doesn't modify is current kit, just add a way of playing her making her suite another role without being op (according to me ofc).

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So, in my eyes, he is not well designed.

5. Aghatoor

Just try to compare her with Kanen Cultist(building heal3 and grant sonic aura): - 72 nora each, 1 more dmg, 1 more max range and 3 more hp for Crone.
    - both atk magical, and grant one aura.
    - Crone has got surge to gain atk, drain to regain back hp, amd shielded, great kit for a beater
    - Cultist has got heal3 and rite of creation to heal champs, and paralytic feedback to protect her against ranged unit, good kit for a support.
    So they have got two kits that are very different, for the same nora cost and quite the same stat, and they play two dufferent roles for sure: the main difference is that cultist can be splashed everywhere, crone can be played just in Kanen because she becomes a real beater just if you have enough Kanes on the field. So according to me the problem is not the design, because with higher stats (and so cost) she could be sandbagged, but the uogrades, that make her playable just in one role while she could fit well also another one (even if i understand your point of view).

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Run kanen spark crone. Shes a bamf

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. Aghatoor

Are you serious? Never tried her, that awful range and the lack of static greeting make me cry. Then in Kanen there's no way to shock enemies, so that curse means a waste of nora (neither her could shock, i would probably prefer surge than jolt in Kanen).

8. Ballballer

Id say give her a try and see how you like her

Aghatoor likes this.
  9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

All I see is a 72 nora surge champ with a healing ability that hands out auras. I say find a bad champ and give that one a re-vamp. Your idea about the creation abilities seems cool, i'm just not sure how it fits in kanen really.

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Good range, drain(survivability), and grant aura (damage support). Base damage dose not even bother me because can grant 6 damage to a friendly (through aura). She looks good to me.

super71 likes this.
  11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's already playable. I'd rather buff a rune that is shoeboxed.

13. Ballballer

Buff hyaenid spearman cough cough

14. Aghatoor

Never said she's not playable, just wanna try it as a support unit cause i like her lol

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

What. She has 8 damage because she has SURGE, that's obvious. She's one of the best champions in Kanen theme, and one of the best ranged champions in the whole game. Not only she gets more than decent damage, she has a self heal AND Grants an aura, not to mention Shielded. 72 Nora is actually way too cheap for such package. I can't even believe someone's asking to have her buffed at all.

Woffleet and Cydna like this.
  16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dont forget about houngan, its still 2-4 range.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, she has 8 damage because sok nerfed a bunch of ranged champions including this one regardless of how strong they were in the first place.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Poxbase hasn't been updated since midterms, but if you look here: https://poxbase.com/champion/800 you'll see that she used to be much worse. -2 damage and +3 hp for -8 nora.

19. Aghatoor

I wouldn't call these changes buffs, his kit in kanen theme wouldn't change, just try to give her the possibility to be played also out of her theme, just as other runes can do (rupture alpha, kanen cultist, ritual cultist, kanen slipped, just to take some examples out of kanens).

20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Then the first thing to be done is remove the discount that she certainly is receiving. Feel free to suggest making her meta then.