keeper nerf

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Aug 29, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i hope void touch isn't given to any other faction because there are very few good unique abilities that belong to UD
    take soul siphon it was awesome on southirster but now so many of the other faction have that ability and another great unique UD ability is lost

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it's actually the way of pox nothing remains unique for long, dozens of ability you see on champs started off as a unique ability on a limited release, it's because new abilities are created to sell cards, but they are not created to only be in a single faction or on a single champ permanently, that's a waste of design space, and developers time.

hell even things like ice guard and frost cone made it onto a frost themed FW set. nothing is faction exclusive.

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I know but compared to other faction UD has least number of awesome abilities (other faction have like greeting ability ) i was just hoping that void touch can remain as uniquely UD

4. calisk

anyway thinking maybe transfer life 2, play off his telepathy theme.

give him a bit of a pseudo support role if you want.

again since i'm not getting much feedback or suggestions I may just try something simple like arctic camou soon.

actually arctic camou sounds good, i'll just go with that, no need to add new abilities that are from other factions if we can avoid it.

5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Yea,NO.

6. KingJad

I like the idea of void touch, I wouldn't say we are aiming for a nerf but a redesign. Although I can't speak for how balanced void touch would be on him. Arctic camouflage is a joke right?

7. calisk

partly heh.

everyone wants the same tired old st mechanics that are on 8+ units already, so may as well give people the option they want.

on the bright side arctic camou would be low cost, if you were going for a super cheap semi-terrain theme you could get some use out of it, with amp he'd have 6 def versus range, maybe 7 ^^

8. KingJad

I'm tired of seeing the same thing on every champ and any hopes of something new is dashed by someone who assumes how an interaction will work and crys nerf. I have a partial solution tho I looked around didn't see an ability like it but the keeper could give confused whenever he attacks.

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

You should change the title of this thread, it's misleading. You're not trying to nerf him at all, you're aiming for a complete redesign of the champ..

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

"Keeper nerf + redesign."

What a petition h0sp...

11. calisk

it is a nerf because you can do his old build and it's worse then his previous build.

but since i'm nerfing him I'm changing him to fill more roles as well.

personally I just don't favor single use champs that can do only one thing.

this is a by product of the limited suggestions the council are allowed to make, so when I have limited suggestions to make I will attempt to make the best of them when I do.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Im pretty sure the greens were trying to make it so champs filled one specific role in a Q&A rather than several, so you may want to double check on that

13. calisk

I will check with gedden to be sure he's ok with these current suggestions, but what do people prefer? btw, nothing goes through without geddens approval and i will need to adjust if he doesn't approve.

I under stand what the greens may want or may not want, but the feed back I get from st players which I represent seem to prefer upgrade pathes that are actual choices as oppose to plain simple 1,2,3 choices.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    KingJad likes this.
  14. KingJad

If you're taking this champ to gedden as is with arctic camouflage u can check my name off the approval list.

15. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I'm a lil' confused. . . is the current assortment of abilities what you're currently considering, @calisk? I see mention of abilities that aren't in there and am unsure if you have since removed them due to feedback or haven't updated the OP to include an updated proposal. I'll toss some feedback in the hat as soon as I know what, specifically, I should be basing that feedback on.

16. calisk

well original arctic camou on that base design was void touch.

15 nora ability.

17. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

So what's in the OP is what you're considering showing Gedden?

18. calisk

eh, it is but arctic camou is a place holder for the moment aside from that yes.

19. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I am thinking of something giving him Soul Collection. Its another "kind" of nora gain ability.

20. calisk

a super strong one, if I was to give him that ability it would need to be on upgrade 2 because their is no way he could have both memory and that.

aside from that I wasn't happy seeing that ability thrown around as much as it has been in fw.

anyway long story short, it's possible but only if it's on upgrade 2, I wanted upgrade 2 to be nothing but charge using abilities as to make sure keeper would always have a use for death charged on base.

Goyo and Sirius like this.