keeper nerf

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

If this is meant to be just a nerf, and not a redesign, why not reduce the amount of charges he can gain (scrap Rank 3 from deploy/death charged) and go from there? Seems like the easier route.
    But, Im fine with whatever you come up with.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well i did reduce the charges he can gain, but it's not that keeper jut gens a lot of nora, it's that he gens a lot of nora while being better then most ranged units in the game. so in the redesign I tried to push him so you can either use him in combat, or use him to gen nora, not both.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok, good.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

he better be better than most ranged units in the game at his price.

5. calisk

not when you get his entire cost back within 6-8 turns, and take just as much from your opponent.

don't get me wrong his build without memory will be significantly cheaper then his current one, just saying his 95 nora cost is only upfront cost in the current state of the game.

KingJad likes this.
  6. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just made a suggestion, u balance it out ;)

7. KingJad

does it work like that?

8. KingJad

If that's how things work I'd like a champion with 50 damage at least 5 speed and 40hp must be below 90nora u work it out.

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Stationary, Earthbound, Ponderous.

Next.

10. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

How about:

Keeper of Memories - [10 DMG | 6 SPD | 4-5 RNG | 2 DEF | 51 HP]
    Path 1 = Charged Blast | Frost Amped | Psychological Warfare
    Path 2 = Death Charged 3 | Deploy Charged 2 | Race Charged
    Base = Abominable | Attack: Magical | Reveal Race | Unleash Memories
    (Default upgrades = Frost Amped + Death Charged 3)

This maintains his current cost by putting Reveal Race on base (which is incredibly flavorful), Alternatively, it could move into upgrades to replace Psychological Warfare (he lacks a reliable fear source) or be dropped entirely. Frost Amped provides +1 SPD, so I don't think we need to raise him to 7 SPD.

11. calisk

again you are keeping frost amped and unleash on the same possible path, keeper cannot be a combat unit and a nora gen option.

nora gen and an average back lined range unit sure.

but not a heavy hitter like amp makes him.

12. TheNidhogg

I mean.. come on. It's 2 damage. If he's a backline hitter then Frost Aura is negligible.

You could always make him 5 speed. Or reduce speed to 4 and give him accrue.

13. calisk

amp is 3 damage 1 speed, and a def boost. and you honestly would rather see his base stats nerfed FORCING you to take amp just to keep him averagely playable as opposed to just keeping them on separate upgrade paths....

I tried to lower blizzard elementals hp to keep his cost reasonable and the forums flipped out, because i was balancing around stats, but putting a 5 speed into st post ready removal is fine....

14. TheNidhogg

I'm just trying to figure out what you're worried about with Frost Amped.

Is the description wrong? It looks like it should only be adding 2 damage. I didn't see how that transformed him into a heavy hitter, so I thought maybe it's the speed? I believe the biggest problem is simply charge accrual rates. In my opinion, his Deploy Charged rank should be 1. Otherwise the investment really isn't frontloaded at all.

"This champion loses a charge at the end of its turn. While this champion has at least 8 charges, it has +1 SPD, +2 DMG, +2 DEF and Frost Aura 3."

15. calisk

if you've played him this build you'd know why i'm concerned about him having it.

16. TheNidhogg

You aren't addressing the question. If it's just the 2 damage that's pushing him over the top, nerf his base damage to 8.

I doubt this will help though. Which brings me back to my point - charge generation is the problem.

17. TheNidhogg

I'll revise that. Charge generation is one half of the problem.

Th other half is that Unleash Memories is criminally undercosted if Poxbase is to be believed. 6 nora? GTFO.

18. calisk

it's higher I think 25 nora, maybe even 30

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  19. KingJad

I'm fine with the suggestion by @calisk the only thing I want changed is arctic camouflage as an upgrade instead replace it with an ability that gives the confused debuff on basic attacks (is this currently an ability) if not I'd like to see an ability along the lines of void touch.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Give it distract.