Keeping profits up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

If you want to start to profit from poxnora you could release Ronin, before the revamp.

2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

That would be silly.

If they release it now, they would have to powercreep it to current lvls just so ppl buy it. Also they would have to put the current limited runes available for gold. Then they would also need to nerf this runes with the big revamp just to fit them in, that would make everyone unhappy because "aww you nurfed the runes i just payd for".

If they release it post revamp, they would already be revamped.

If it was released before the revamp, they would loose the initial big sale because there are only 250 players right now.
    If they waited after the revamp/marketing move, they would be selling their new product to the new players too.

Hope this helpt.
    Sry for my bad english.

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

It depends on whether they need the short term money or not.

4. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

This is what I'd call "SOE thinking"...

5. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Luckily it seems the owls are determined to do things right this time to hopefully make something of pox, I believe their plans may be the revamp, fix all the bugs then advertise and steam relaunch as the expansion hits for maximum effect.

6. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

A Steam relaunch after the revamp would be a dream come true.:)

7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I seem to remember Gedden saying this was the plan in our Q and A with him on stream

8. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

They likely will not release Ronin until they have something solid in the works at least on paper for the expansion that follows it. Because once they release Ronin, and they don't have the next expansion in the flow, they will be under the gun for the next expansion and that is not a good place to be.

I have been watching the forums but I haven't heard them announce a designer yet; so that maybe why they are probably focusing on revamp as that is something they can accomplish now(ish).