KF Anti-Equip Spell

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Makorov, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Thieving Pixies (Name is totally up for debate)

Illustration: A fairy sporting a fine piece of ribbon stealthily stealing something off whatever Wrath champion.

Flavor Text: "Oi, elf! Keep your damn fairies away from my goods! I've got very fine, very valuable cloth for
    trade and I shan't see those pests wrap themselves in it!" - Angry Dwarven merchant

Nora Cost: 40

Effect: Equipment on target champion is destroyed. For every friendly Fairy, you are refunded 3 nora, up to
    a maximum of 15.

The spell is suppose to be KF's first non-champion form of shatter. I decided to tie it into Fae because of their lack of any anti-equipment. Equipment like Demon Shield, Granite Bracers, or Cloak of Skulls can pose a problem to Fae, which rely on many small ranged attacks to kill opposing champs.

Honestly, the spell would be run simply because of the convenience it offers. Not to mention the fact that it refunds Nora for every friendly Fairy, meaning it'll be worthwhile with 2 Oracles out, costing only 34 nora, and extremely efficient in a Fae bg. (Sprite OP)

And I think the ability to drag and drop a spell that'll clear up a potential problem would be pretty popular no matter what bg a person was running.

Any criticism/comment welcome!

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Tying it to Fae makes it to good imo.
    As you say with just 2 Oracles out its 34 nora on top of the other bonus its casting would grant.

3. Makorov

But that's only when 2 Oracles are out. In a meta bg, you may not always have 2 Oracles out when you need to cast the spell. It's also 40 nora, 10 more than Disarm or Shatter, meaning it'll still be more expensive than the typical, old-school anti-equipment spell.

In a fae bg, the minimum you could drop the cost would be 25, assuming you have 5 fairies out.

4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Do cost reduction spells maintain their cooldown? If they do, I like this spell, if they don't I'm against it.

Makorov likes this.
  5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

The spell seems good. Maybe change the name. Thieving implies your champion will gain it.

6. Makorov

Haha I agree. I can't think of anything clever enough though.

Any ideas?

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think the name it's fine, I mean, it's not like pixies are likely to hand to you the things they've stolen.
    But an alternative game could be mischieving pixies, if mischieving is a word, I'm not sure

8. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Probably mischievous

GabrielQ likes this.