KF/FW Control Split

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by armyguyclaude, Apr 3, 2016.

1. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

FW
    Creatures
    2x Death Guard (Slam, DN:1)
    2x Death Caster (SL 2, Iron)
    2x Demonvein Vampyre (Multi, LS)
    1x Hoarfrost Lich (Chill, FG)
    1x Maleficia (HC, DH)
    1x Shadow Shank (SS, KO)
    1x Skeletal Excavator (Blockade, C3)

Spells
    1x Doom
    1x Mobilization
    1x Soulreave
    1x Steal Life

Relics
    1x Grim Well

No Equipments

KW
    Creatures
    2x Corgi Ranger (Arrow, BL)
    2x Gnarlwood Launcher (PR 1, SB 3)
    1x Elven Strategist (T1, RA)
    1x Fae Dreamer (Prem, Divert)
    1x Spirit of the Mountain (DS3)
    1x Tortun Battle Mystic (AE, WS)

Spells
    1x Grimlic's Bane
    1x Reclaim
    1x Time Slip

Relics
    1x Artillery Marker
    1x Cleansing Emerald
    1x Cartharsis Bloom

Equipment
    1x Horn of Order

Creatures

Spells

Relics

Equipment

AVG Nora Cost
    ~59

Any thoughts? Just brain storming at the moment trying to get ideas. Unfortunately my Poxnora knowledge is very limited and experience limited.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Dugon's battle harden works only on K'thir champions, so I would exlude that. And new naria is garbage. This deck just doesn't feel strong imo. I would rather go into double gunbattery + grimwell/artillery marker/ add some other form of cc, but nowadays seism and demolish/tornado/erode is really popular, so the relics aren't gonna stay for long unless you spam or mason spire them or something. I tried to build something like your deck with rather no success. I stayed full KF for the bonus.

3. IronStylus

Also you lack anti heal mechanic and anti spell. your bg seems to counter special tactics but lack its own. Its easily counterable by standard solid bgs.

4. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

I'm using Battle Master (BM) on Dugon. I have 1 Gunbattery atm in my BG, haven't updated it yet. I will do so now. Not sure what else I can add for "CC" but I am using a couple units that offer knockback, has been working well so far. The range, but several annoying front liners+death guard have been working out well so far for me. My biggest downfall with this deck is my lack of knowledge of the game. But that's improving with each game I play. Thanks.

I've put in Maleficia in before this post was created, but it's good to know thank you. It's gone through some revamps. As for tactics, it kind of feels like a mix between Seige tanks and Zerg units from Starcraft atm. I'm enjoying it so far. But everything can always improve ;).

5. IronStylus

There is an equipment kampel has been using against me with tortun gunbattery that gives him melee attack at +6 damage. Not sure its worth a slot though. Also you might need experimental warspirit for more control. Let me try to make a similar deck and I will tell you how it works and if it works.

About healing, yeah I didnt notice you run dark healing on maleficia. that's good. Im not sure about disintegrate. I prefer running naturalize (i run it in all my KF bgs) for anti summons and relic spam, the downside is you will usually need a basic attack to kill the relic and disintegrate's cooldown is higher that naturalize. Well what about... detection?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  6. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Fire Jab from Risen Grenadier and Stitched Librarian. Also AoE skills.

7. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Updated. Added better detect. Better annoyances. And better sustain.

8. IronStylus

Its good. i would need to look more indepth and look for synergy, but it seems like you can have bad draws. may i ask on the choice of launchers? in kf there are tons of other ranged champions

9. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Like what? Same range and dmg? AoE knockback is good as well.

10. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Also I've made a couple more changes since my edit.

11. IronStylus

I love how you chose spirit of the mountain. hes a solid tank/trick. I also like horn of order especially with shadownshank and spirit. now you might also include haunting spirit if you have one(33nora and annoying just to test) and to really fulfill the bg you need aoe spell. arcane enervation/stellar horizon is whats the best right now and what i am using in kf. also there is a nw kf spell for distract and confuse you might also check it. Personally i would also remove battle mistic and play elven prodigy for anti range but its my choice.

12. IronStylus

This is a good bg, I couldnt think of any better spellset, but it will be boring to play i think. Well, whatever whoever likes.
    I would swap one launcher for another ranged though. Ospyrian valkyrie now looks solid with distract/power attack and 7 speed. and one death guard for experimental warpsirit. disticious is gonna proc pretty often and it will add some challenge to the deck if you wanna play around it. he's got dispel for those annoying voidshields, magic resist, defensive strikes and bubble of protection, is good duelist and got soulstrike for brewmasters for example. And Imo one corgi with hit n' run + leap would be a good idea, he's insane with this combination, I've never played him with 6 speed though, so Im not sure. Good luck and have fun with the bg. It's not easy to play.