KF/FW Spirits help.

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Hekau718, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

After a suggestion i got, I've been really liking spirits, especially KF split.
    If anyone has an idea how to build one, that would be fantastic.

Any feedback highly appreciated!

2. Hekau718

3. Hekau718

Bump bump.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

it would be easier if you tried to pt something together first.

5. Hekau718

Fair enough!
    But, since I really don't know much about spirits, I couldn't come up with much. I usually do a lot of research in forums about a certain bg I want to play, then build one, but I really haven't found anything on Spirits, especially a split.
    Here's something I threw together: http://poxbase.com/deck/C7Wcubc4YCw4Chbc8bCg-CiTcqgcjZs6Zs6As4Is85s6OsnS1as4KR3nr2Yr2PEM

Notes: I don't have the Thorn Collection ( And since it's a pain to find.) I changed them for Nature's Wrath.
    How I see Spirits ( And I'm probably completely wrong) right now: Shady guys with some nice Surge capabilities, messing around with DMZ. Getting some heals and support from KF.( Not sure about the big bear.)

That's all I could think about for starters, hope It's possible to build from that.
    Any feedback highly appreciated!

6. GabrielQ

Doesn't look too bad, I would focus more on surge and insubstantiate, so I would double on ghost stalker, spectre and whisperghast if possible, I would cut on the warspirits I think.
    It would be nice to know if soultap works properly, so we can try a module with it.
    Another remotely possible module is spirit of the mountain + ancestral avenger, dark messenger and umbral wulf.
    I think haunt would be a good addition too, to generate DMZ.
    Yor support selection needs work I think.

7. Hekau718

Doubled Ghost Stalker, Spectre and Whisperghast. On a closer look at the rune, cut out Warspirits completely. ( looks too costly). Having trouble finding runes to add on the KF side.. I would greatly appreciate some help with the support selection.
    - Since soultap eats nora and I'm constantly picking the nora up with Soul Collection and Despoil, could the KF relic Counterbalance be of use?- would negate any nora enemy gets outside my globe stealing module.
    - I'm thinking having equipment like Cursed Blade, Withered fern and a few other debuff ones could be a good idea. Enemy needs A lot of Shatter to break through that, while restricting the use of their own equips. Living vines also helps with that.
    - How good are the big bears outside a beast module? - Worth running 2?
    -What do you think of Aspect of Life?

Thank you for the feedback, GabrielQ. You've been constant help with my battlegroup builds in the past.

8. GabrielQ

Bears are good tanks, that you want to support with healing (this is were aspect comes into play), as odds of onerounding are practically null, that makes them great in any battlegroup, you are actually adding synergy, so they are better in yours, I would really try spirit of the mountain to boost them.
    counterbalance is no good, you have globes already covered and it isn't worth it even if yo hadn't
    about spells, relics and equipment, try to look for a) power runes (i.e. the staples of each faction), b) counters ussually there is no room for less important things.

9. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Honestly as long as you have 2 AAs in your deck, you'll win most matches...

Agirgis1 likes this.
  10. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

Personally I would consider running Warspirits. The Soulstrike ability can be very helpful for units with a large defense or immunity, etc.

Also on the KF side of things I'd remember Spirit of endurance. She can get expensive but she can help all of your smaller units hit harder or shut down a threat. She also provides DF.

Finally I'd recommend Garu Medium. Spirit Projection is that nice to me. Also he gets essence capture or the magic Phase Shift.

11. Hekau718

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll surely consider all of them when building the battlegroup. At this moment I'm having immense problems finding runes. A lot of stuff is OOS, and It can be very frustrating to look for runes. ( mainly Spirit of the mountain and Ancestral Avengers.
    I'm leaning towards making a Spirit Beast module. But I'm having trouble making room. I've thought to leave Ethereal soldiers out completely, replacing them with the Wulfs. Both melee and similar nora cost.
    With Spirit of the mountain being the only rune to buff beasts, will that be enough? Or are there any Boost: Beast runes that could synergize with spirits?
    On a side note: How broken is Soultap and Soul channeling? - Are the numbers wrong or are they plainly not working?

12. GabrielQ

Spirit of the montain is basically unkilable, so no problem with it being your only booster.

13. Hekau718

After hunting for missing runes, this is what I've ended up with: http://poxbase.com/deck/C7WC4YC8bCg-ciBCkbciTCqgcjZs6Zs4Is6OsnS1as8ws4Ks5aR3nr2YexEM
    I'll probably add either Spirit of Endurance or Aspect of life in there. Not sure how much I'll need them yet.
    -Any improvements I could make? Especially the Spell/Relic/Equipment section?
    -What do you think of Defiler Knight? Could he have a spot in this battlegroup?

Cheers!

14. GabrielQ

15. Bluesday

Bluesday New Member

I've been working on something similar, but I'm a big fan of Revenants and the fun that can be had blowing them up (GORESPLOSION!). I've found the Wisp a useful addition too, though he's kinda pricey. Also, feel free to get the Warspirit out of there, I just keep hoping he'll be made a bit, how do they call it, more efficient. I've started using two Ravenwraiths instead, they tend to get their damage ramped up pretty quickly, and they're wizards so the Stellar horizons help keep them in the fight.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c7Wcfmc93chbC8bCf2CwpCtTcg-ciBckbcjZc9ls5fs12s1-Sns5dS7Ws2tr3nr2Yr25e2w