KF Magic Amp is broken and needs a nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Gotcha!

2. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

I hope Pox community will never change xDDD

3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Like Voil?

4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Thank you for your measured and polite response. Unfortunately, you're wrong.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

trolling aside this was a low ball attempt to go after the only decent rarity deck tiny has played in years, to get it nerfed and stop tinys fun. super71 took the hit too.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Max Amp is 50%, although it is very hard getting it with a theme that has no relics providing it. Magic Amp isn't OP simply because Magic is the damage type all BGs must have, meaning you'll also amplify your enemy's damage almost every time and you'll be the one paying for it.

I'm uncertain about Throne though; the truth is that Magic Amp would be pretty bad without it(as Nova basicaly pushes the theme's damage output to mediocre to very high), although it is valid to say that Magic Nova 3 on all your Wizards is pretty overwhelming sometimes - however it is really cool gameplay wise, as most wizards are bad at melee(with 2 or 3 exceptions). I can't say I'm a fan of Magic Resistance on all of them either, but I find it really flavorful and sometimes fun to play around.

Lastly, although the OP is pretty biased and loss-motivated, I always find discussing themes a good thing for the game.

7. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Joke thread . . .

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

thanks for giving me bg ideas @Ballballer ima make this and dwarves. all magic amp needs is an aoe vuln magic spell like frost has.

9. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

Well at least you were polite, though which part are you referring to? So it is 50% amp max, so you have to have 5 champs to reach full potential. Ok maybe they wouldn't be able to focus fire Voil as easily due to evasive so Magic Nova is stronger against Voil than most other themes, does that make it OP?

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Yes

11. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I actually do really well against the KF magic theme...But I also have a lot of defense that is going on as well. Shield - 25 nora , combat awareness -25 nora , mirror - 35 nora , snow terrains 30 nora and slow -35 nora . You could Include obelisk in all of that in order to get to those on the battle field ASAP. Otherwise you are pretty well toast with out all of it going on. I do see other factions having some heavy problems with it. That is around 100 nora worth of defense. Sometimes more NORA due to shield does not last very long. Is that a fair offset? I do not know. I do know if I do not get those defenses up it is game over.