Kf Post- Revamp

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by chickenpox2, May 28, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Hey these are the things that I predict will happen after the revamp
    Champions in deck will reduce
    Equipement will me increased
    spells will be increased

Champions :
    Kf angel -angel of restoration gonna loose heal pity to those who haven't got doombringer you can still rely on divine blessing or mele's mass healz.

Aspect of life - if they do not romove lay hand it ok if the increase nora -still runable

Fae oracle- I think Oracles are pretty good for revealing and also ( Oracle+ timeslip = quick win)
    also i hope they keep adaptive and soothing seranade they are quite useful

Arrowsinger - They probably will romove resonance other wise still pretty ok (archery bale + precision + preperation)

Occuli slag -replication + nora miner
    -YEP pretty much necessary for nora

KF Doomie - Probably best healing champion choice (charge heal pretty great)

Enforcer of circle
    also good if he keeps
    Bold, ****tate and assimilate and reckless blast
    up grade
    balance 3
    resist magic

Equipment
    Elite blade is more viable cause more runes will be above 90 (hopefully tracker) +2 dmg +2 def + 10 hp

Spells
    I would hate spending my nora on spell spam even if i got 5 AOE spells

Grimlic mirror if it doesn't get increase in nora (I'm sure it go up from 85 to 90-95 )
    Its pretty good if we max upgrade champions and if it above 85 nora which I'm sure alot of champions will be at least an average of 75-90
    Thorn collection will increase to 45 (i hope they increase per champion hit 8-10 nora refunded)
    Same with stellar horizon (increase dmg by 1 per wizard)

I think combine effort will be shoeboxed
    probably still good in 2v2s cause you and a partner can deploy still deploy 4 or more champions after 4-6 turns

Vortex will be Definitely will be in almost all decks now and it makes easy win cause opponent moves slowly to mid Font
    Good Game!

Time slip:
    Not sure if time slip will be good i guess it be useful if Fae Oracles still has athromancy and it can get revealed on the first turn
    also "cheat" by using on SKIRMISHER (you know who you are) that is if he still got blitz which i doubt

Treefolk blessing:
    I don't have tree deck but i think still will be good

what do you think of these spells are they viable?
    Protection
    Blinding flash
    Living vines
    Carnivious vines
    Fan faire (which is almost impossible to find now)
    Nature wrath

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Judging by the Thirion preview, KF is in for a rough revamp ride. Really makes me cringe at how bad they are going to but-r@pe Menalaus.

Thirion was already like the 1st or 2nd most expensive rune, and pretty much only saw fringe play. 15% higher nora cost and looses his 50% magic resistance(very relevant) and death nova(not a big deal). How on earth does Death nova have the same cost as Magic nova 3...does not compute. For the low low price of 159 nora you can have a Thirion with TFB....just long enough for him to get blinked or drowned.

That all said, I kinda like the Elven Treecaller preview. natures blessing plus ripples could end up being pretty good.

Theoretically they aren't changing many spells right away, which is good for our timeslips, grimlics mirrors, and Treefolk's blessings. Might be right about elite blade, but its just more 'all eggs in 1 basket'. Wasn't vortex already pretty much a mandatory x1 for us? People won't reduce the # of champions in their BG....the 15 minimum recommendation isnt because of nora cost, its because if you run any less you will frequently auto-loose because u wont have 1st turn deploys.

Overall, I think my original theory is turning out true...Our currently good champs will almost all become bad and the ones that are kinda good but just barely shoebox will become good. I think things like Ospyrian Valkyrie, deadly tracker, dusk druid, wild elf will become good. The wild elf especially because they already confirmed removal of Rover abilities, and clan abilities which means he will get extra attention. He will hopefully get regular Assasinate which is a considerable buff. Basically anything with more than 7 abilities now is getting borked, and things with 3 or 4 now are getting ignored or buffed.

3. kagebunshn

Time slip, carn vines, and vortex are already good spells, and will actually be better since nora costs seem to be going up. Less champs on the field makes any sort of disruption that much more effective.

My Special Prediction ----> Wilderkin will get buffed and become viable.

4. chickenpox2

my plan is ask DOG to limit number f spells to 5 right to reduce chance pf spell spamming cause it just freaking annoying dealing with that when u havent got much spell block i mean i use fae warden but i hardly take her out
    also wild elf doesn't need the clan ability anyway only few runes have clan abilities in kf wont make much diffs
    but if remember if wilderkin get buff the nora will go up by X amount depending on abilties

i just hope they don't remove oculi replicate
    i think after revamp doom will be best healing rune if they don't remove heal charge

5. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Please, come back to me after you Drown Thirion.

The game isn't changing significantly enough to alter battlegroup construction. It may influence choices, but it won't by any means reduce the amount of champions in a battlegroup.

Timeslip is commonly used for Pacify in a squeeze, less the petty Draw-Win strategies.
    Blinding Flash is nice but have to be cautious about Cleanse.
    Carn Vines is already good. Extremely cheap, and any counter to it will cost the opponent more than what you spent.
    Nature's Wrath is a good AoE if you're looking for an alternative to TC.
    Living Vines can be good-ish.
    Protection is one of those spells which you'll use only some games if you have it in a BG. It all depends on how much alt damage the opponent has.
    Fan Faire is FANtastic (get it) for decks which utilize more deployments. I suspect even after revamp Fairies will be a wonderful theme for KF as well as for the use of Fan Faire.
    Vortex, as already said, will be of even higher advantage with higher champion values.

6. kagebunshn

U are right, drown was a bad example. ok so he is large, and flies, and is a plant. Point was he will probably be easy to kill for a LOT less nora than he costs to play.

I'm not too worried about KF healing being nerfed much....If resto angel is nerfed(at all pretty much) then people will just run Avenging angel...some folks already do that, and she has 'few' abilities so she is likely to barely receive any attention by the nerf team.. KF doom will probably keep the heal, and then be otherwise nerfed into oblivion, like most of the other valuable meta runes.

We haven't seen a spoiler for an Exo or leg that people have liked sofar, except for augur. Everyone who plays auger hates it and everyone who doesn't likes it. Firemaw, Thirion, Blackguard, and Magnus all appear to be terrible. Oh, I guess Tyrant actually looks OK. I mean maybe they are planning to make everything playable cost 100+ nora then give us +100 nora per turn and fonts are +50/turn. I doubt that will happen, so the current path seems bleak.

Editing runes/abilities to reduce complexity is not the same thing as making good runes suck, just because a lot of people like them. They haven't even finished the revamp yet and they are already spoiling new abilities that are designed to counter existing runes that are still literally in the middle of being nerfed.

Even though I think it is great that they are working on refreshing the game and trying to revitalize it, I am still very apprehensive about it. Like all customers, I will vote with my wallet when the hammer finally falls.

7. chickenpox2

i run AOR avenging and AOL so i mean it if all 3 get nerfed then they need to make sure doombringer is more available

on your suggestion on increasing nora i was think y not increase nora miner ability since most faction have (for FS they can increase marsh song )
    i was thinking

Nora miner 1 - 3 (current) 4/5 (new)
    Nora miner 2 - 6 (current) 8/10 (new)
    Nora miner 2 - 9 (current) 12/15 (new)
    that way even if you increase all champions by 20 minimum and it around there as base there be a smaller offset and we wont need as much shrine and font Nora increases

8. kagebunshn

I am not immediately impressed by the new dusk druid. We don't know what the forest lerper form does yet, so it could be pretty good. But I am very sad to see him lose the ping/shadowspawn angle. My initial reaction is that it looks like he will only be good as a cheap detection champ with limited offense and -bad- support ability. cloak is bad unless its buffed.

9. chickenpox2

forest leper for allows druid to attack using forest leper that all i mean leper gonna be nerfed so leper itself will be cheaper to use than druid (makes more sense

10. kagebunshn

I doubt forest lerper will be in line for much of a discount according to their new calculator. High damage, 7 speed, high hitpoints, an effective range of 1-4. Compared to current runes, he is way over priced. But I think his stats are actually already in the ballpark of what they consider 'balanced'

If I were to update him it would look like roughly, Attack: Melee, Shadowspawn, Blitz. With evasive and pounce ranks as his upgrades. Lower hitpoints to 45. Basically delete rend and vuln:psychic. I bet their new math on this would end up roughly in the 88-92 range.

For forest lerper form on the druid, I was hoping for +3 damage, +2 speed, and a basic attack, which is = to the lerper base stats right now. Minus the blitz, element of surprise, range, and ranged defense. This is maybe OK. I'm still getting 'cheap detect champ' vibes from this guy. Or in other words 'this isn't one of the runes DOG wanted to be good'