KF Rebalance List

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

So the revamp is up, fellow forest dwellers and, obviously, some thing are in need of attention. Knowing that the devs have been very busy, and will continue to be for some time, let's respectfully acknowledge which runes could use some attention.

In the spirit of fairness, each time you mention an under-performing rune, mention a rune you think is over-performing. In a perfect world, the runes you all highlight here will have been played in an actual game (at least a single-player campaign) so that you all have a feel for what the champion's strengths and shortcomings are.

With that said, have fun!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Tarathil likes this.
  2. Xirone

Under-Performing:
    Fae Enchantress- She was always a bit expensive and now is more expensive and far worse. Her relic-drop is now Summoned and Cast: Fairy Dust lasts 3 turns less than the actual spell (and can be Cleansed, of course). There is very little reason to run her.

Over-Performing:
    Elven Shade- She got a damage buff and still has access to Startle which gives it very high damage for her cost.

Tarathil likes this.
  3. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Great Idea!

Over-Performing: Elven Strategist. For 58(56) nora, you can get Battlemaster 3, Surge Enemy, Tele 2 or Relocate Ally, Relocate Foe. Way too efficient.

Under-Performing: I feel that they kind of killed Arrowsinger. The only reason to run her, Resonance, has been removed, range reduced, Defenseless added, sub-par upgrades, except perhaps Horn of K'thir. Though she will cost 79 nora then. I don't know, I just think they went a bit too hard on her.

Woffleet and Xirone like this.
  4. Xirone

I really did like Resonance on her. I don't think she's terrible, per se, but I do miss Resonance. The addition of Freezing Strike is nice, though.

Yeah, he was pretty good when he was at his old price. He is a bit undercosted right now.

Protick likes this.
  5. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Here's some more..

Under-Performing: Epochal Sage. She was already questionable, to me at least. I really did try to like her pre-revamp, Haste is what made me run her eventually. Right now she's horrible. Let's compare her to a unit that's almost 25 nora cheaper than her.. Elven Page. Range +Melee capabilities, Divine Favor 3, Soften and Swap 2, pretty much the same stats - 58 nora. She totally outclasses Epochal Sage even with the Sage having Premonition. Sure you could drop Divine Favor on the Sage to pick up Reinforcement to drop her cost from 80 to 75, but what is the point in doing that. It's quite sad.

Over-Performing: This time I will go with Falconer. It doesn't make sense to me that he is allowed to keep Hawk Attack 3 on base only for 60 nora, considering how range is being punished at the moment. He's very dangerous in a Beast deck, even in an Elf deck.

6. Xirone

She was KF's only champ with Haste. That is a strong ability, of course, but I will miss that on her.

7. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

If you compare her to ethereal priestess though, with haste, soften, and df 3, it's pretty clear that she's an underperformer for the same reasons that angels are: she's a ranged damage unit with support abilities, paying the full cost for both, rather than a unit specialized in one or the other. Imo...make her passive and focus her on support abilities.

Edit: However, with skirmisher losing hit and run and becoming 7-8 nora more expensive and menelaus being so expensive, the benefit of having haste seems a lot diminished :(

8. TheCitadel

TheCitadel New Member

Under-Performing:
    Spikewood Abomination- For 85 Nora you get a champ with a pathetic 6 DMG and otherwise average stats. Still only a Plant so boosting doesn't work. Natures Connections is the only worthwhile upgrade since choosing any other gives him the role of an overpriced tank that has to rely on his damage shield to deal any damage.

Over-Performing:
    Gnarlwood Grappler- 65 HP for 65 Nora. With Boost Treefolk and Banner it's a little much. Makes K'thun worthwile now though.

Etherielin, Gorebucket and Xirone like this.
  9. Xirone

Both are good additions. Spikewood's cost, for what it does, is incredibly high. Conversely, Gnarlwood Grappler could be a touch too efficient.

10. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I'll repeat here that giving Spikewood race Treefolk would at least help offset his low stats and make him a more cohesive member of the theme.

What's funny is he used to do everything and now he doesn't even do one thing particularly well.

(He doesn't even have the health to be the overpriced tank you mention.) o_O

11. Xirone

Under-Perfoming:
    Dugon, Garu Stalwart- I honestly have no idea how his stats and abilities add up to 88 nora. Triumphal Roar is a good ability but the rest of him is quite lack-luster. He was one of the worst 150k champs before the revamp and now is even worse.

Over-Performing:
    Nectar Fairy- Heal Charged 2 allows her to create so many Charges. I slap a Skystorm Spear on her and she is often able to use Lightning Skewer turn after turn after turn. Without Heal Charged, she'd be fine. I personally, would love to see her get Add Charge (it would help Fairy Trickster and/or Aspect of Life) on base and replace Heal Charged 2 with Supercharged 2.

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Over performing
    Elven prodigy even though i hate that she unequippable she still quite good for her cost long range surge enemy and blindfire

under performing
    that damage Nerf on anuru gives hard choice to use her even though she give 2 runes

13. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to go off and post a similar thread, but in GD. Everyone should see it, imo.

Looks like it didn't matter.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  14. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Doesn't Time Bend trigger Divine Favor and Premonition again, though?

15. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

starlight sylph is extremely OP right now.

16. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Overperforming
    Snake Charmer: Only 59 nora with Heal champ 3 and boost beast 3, summon serpent, tame beast 2 and charm 2. HP is decent enough as well.

Underwhelming
    Outcast of the Flame: 87 nora and you have to either forgo most healing because of torch or take confuse attacker for only -2 nora. Devotee is nice bit with dissipate added in he just seems to be overcosted.

Tort Transport is still in the bottom of the shoebox too :(

17. Xirone

Exactly how is Starshine working these days? It seems like the nearest champion at the beginning of each turn (not round) gains a rank of Majestic for 4 turns.

18. Xirone

I'll repost my selections there to show support!

19. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

every unit within it's range gain a rank of majestic, so all your units have majestic 2 if they move within the spaces for 6 turns.. it's silly.

20. Xirone

So it's not that Starshine Sylph is OP in and of herself, but rather that Starshines is bonked out on guufballs.