KF Warfare - Rate my bg

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by BurnPyro, May 11, 2014.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'd have to check, since I haven't played my KF deck in a while, but pretty sure that artillery marker is NOT activated by slam. I'm thinking about privateer captain here, where land mine is and marker is not (if I'm remembering correctly--I might have them reversed).

2. Raikan

I thought I remembered reading a post where you had warmed to TFB in a non-treefolk deck. It's relatively low cost, so it cycles fairly quickly to help build oracles and it can be impressive early game for 1 v 1 side font battles. Personally, I've never used it since it seems like it would fade late game where there are multiple damage types and be pretty ineffective outside casting it in the first few turns.

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I just run a Bliss (exo's are allowed, right?)

As a side note, what's so great about apprentice mage? I run one, but currently I haven't made much use of them....

4. Elves Rule

Also, seeing as this appears to have become a warfare discussion thread, what do FS players normally play like/run and how would we go about countering it?

Personally, I think we should start running cultivate the earth because screw aquatic/semi aquatic stuff. Or just forest walkers.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  5. Raikan

You might see some combination of: Marsh Troll, Augur of the Deep, Boghopper Huntmaster, Darkmarsh concealer, slick and buzz, dm fury, firk sensorate, boghopper shaman, salaman trapper, slipworm, tidemaster, and circadian songmaster.

6. Elves Rule

Yeh, augur and the trapper are annoying as hell too.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is not much, but Herbal Antidote can help out in a pinch if the opponent thinks you won't/can't safely move all your champs through a poison cloud.

Edit: Also, if you know you are facing FS, it might be worth it to include Swiftwind because that will prevent knockback damage (from Slam + Poison Cloud). It would be very situational, though.

8. Elves Rule

Do rooted trees ignore the knockback effect? Or do they always take full knockback damage and just not move...

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

They take the full damage, I believe.

10. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

Barely been back in the game and not playing ranked...mumble on this account...but I always play KF so I have been watching a lot and trying to get back into the swing of things.

You've got a lot of focus on pinning down champs and spot removal and it should be interesting to see how that plays out. Since that seems a focus, I guess I'd say I am surprised you didn't opt for more fairies which can do some temporary effects that might fit your strategy.

The 2 apprentice mages should be interesting. I imagine you like them for the cheap novas and font contesting with some spot detection thrown in. Might want to consider a Spirit Singer in lieu of the Avenging Angel, especially as you have plenty of melee in this BG and have a nora focus, but she plays nice. If healing is not the focus, the valkyrie osprey is a nice add for a flyer instead. Like the AA but not sure the DF3 is needed in this setup and that does up her cost quite a bit. Treefolk's Blessing is a very nice add but could easily replace one of the Combined Efforts IMO. You obviously have a plan for nora management that looks for building up to a very steady input. I am guessing it plays into the strategy. Stellar Horizons isn't leg/limited so you could play that instead of one of the wrath's if this ia pox warfare BG.

Overall, it seems like you want to build up a nora advantage and cycle through champs while prosecuting a delaying battle and immobilizing some champs. Sizzlechest and the fairies (trickster, rascal and sprite come to mind) may help you do that and may synergize well. Cheap, as well which seems to be a focus necessitated by your strategy. You may also find that a starlight sylph works well with this BG since you have a fair number of champs on the board relative to the average.

edit: been toying around with CE again and starting to appreciate the need for 2 if you want to chain. I am running the civilized wilderkin for blitz and like them better for the blitz but I never really liked 2x2s that don't leap or fly (unless they're tanks).

11. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Burn, do you have an updated deck? It occurs to me there's nothing you really want to Mirror besides maybe AA and GDM. I still think 2x CE is overkill.

12. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2=c2Cqbc54c5FcLc52CjbCpfc3Fcinc8Xc8vS7s2@S1as4Ks7WS6gr3nrUe2FeM

This is probably what I would run. Though you could easily drop CE for another Catharsis Bloom although if you did that I would recommend adding another slag. Also, I feel it is probably a disservice to only run 1x Ranger Elite and no Warspirit. Could take out an apprentice mage or even mena + covenant to fill in those spots.

P.s. Fairy trickster probably gets an honorable mention.

13. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

14. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Looks like everyone is forgetting Skyshear Pegasus here! ;)

Sincerely,

Josh753

15. zorbot

Ah, yes of course. Forgot about the split rune thing. Was wondering why I didn't include it myself. I'm not having any issues with any links. But it's just a really efficient bg with mena. A lot of rush power to win before the lack of spot removal becomes a problem.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But only one combined effort?

Y u guys no like to win?

17. zorbot

It just depends on how you want to build. If you go double slag with double CE and a lot of aoe, that is a viable way to go. Double CE without double slag and no oracles is a lot riskier and would only be viable on a few maps at best. Personally, I don't like the playstyle of double slag and double CE even with oracles. It's a little too slow for my taste.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I guess yeah

but still, the noranz