Killing illusions trigger Maxxarek's Cooldown reduction

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by scrampy, Feb 3, 2015.

1. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

As title says. I do not believe this to be WAI as illusions are not real champs. The issue is the text on sacrificial power only says that the CD of Maxxy's abilities are reduced when an opposing CHAMPION is destroyed.

2. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

I' m not convinced that this is a bug, as most such effects specifically state "non-illusion, non-summoned champ"

3. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

Oh no, people finally found out about that. I loved to use Grimlic's Treachery everytime my opponent got some illusions out to firstly get rid of them and secondly get one/two easy summons with Max.

4. scrampy

Here is the exact text of sacrificial power: "When an opposing champion is destroyed this champion's cooldowns are reduced by 10. Sheoul Disciples cost 10 less nora."

I don't have the exact text describing illusions but it is something along the lines of how this champion is not real, has no spell presence, etc. They should either deem this a bug and fix it or fix the wording on the ability. To be honest, having it trigger on illusion death makes this ability a bit too strong in my opinion, especially when it is allowing Maxx to summon free champions.

5. narvoxx

Abilities like vengeful "This unit gains +1 DMG every time a real friendly champion which shares a race with this champion is destroyed." explicitly state REAL champions, wich means there are also non-real champions (aka illusions), which are still considered champions.

Runes like Altar of Votaev also explicitly state non-illusion non-summon "When a non-Summoned, non-Illusion champion that you own dies, the cooldown on your Demon champions is reduced by 2." So again illusions are also considered champions.

Seems WAI to me (at least it is working as described)

6. scrampy

Seeing as how other things that only specify champions without mention to illusions like swarm are not triggering off of illusions I would say your argument is pretty inconsistent. This is in addition to the fact that illusions do not have any of the other attributes given to champs (capturing/contesting fonts, spell presence, etc.) Most things that do not state illusions explicitly but only says champions do not trigger off of illusions, this being one of the exceptions which appears to be an oversight to me.

7. narvoxx

Swarm doesn't work against illusions because targeting the illusion with a basic attack kills it, not the basic attack itself, the attack only ever begins (it is on the attack chain) but never hits

8. scrampy

And why do you think that is? Because it is not a champion. There is definitely something wrong with the ability, whether it is a bug or requires clarifying on the text is for the devs to decide. I do not think such a hard counter to illusions is good for the game. This is an even harder counter than sever summons which was already targeted for being too hard of a counter for summons.

9. narvoxx

It's not 'because it is not a champion', because it is a champion. It is because it is an illusion. If illusions were not champions there would not be a need for certain abilities (which I previously mentioned) to explicitly exclude working for 'illusion champions'. Anyway, I am not for or against it working on illusions, I am merely pointing out that the ability is currently working as described.

10. scrampy

Honestly I am shocked we have been having this conversation for as long as we have. I do not believe any experienced player in this game would consider illusions as champions.

11. narvoxx

I'm telling you even the game considers illusions champions