Knee-jerk response to new Korona

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by allyorbase, Jun 26, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

She's stupid now.

Let me elaborate, though.

No more Battle Leader. Yeah, that's gone.

And, for WAY more nora than before, I am forced into Thirst for Battle, when I NEVER took it previously. Also, she has lost Oblivion Shield, but at least you can still have Bloodseeker (her token ability) -- forcing you to sacrifice Lifedrinker, because both are in set 1. Hooray for MUCH less choice in building your runes, folks.

Which brings me to what you get in upgrade set 2: Pummel, Pummel, and Pummel. You force me to choose either Lifedrinker or Bloodseeker, so that you can load the second upgrade set with a random ability the original never had and didn't need?

Yeah, I'm whining. I know there is a "bigger picture" here, but I am trying to rationalize completely, fundamentally rebuilding Korona in this way. Pummel? Pummel.

Just... ugh. One of the first runes I've looked at, and I am miserably disappointed in Owl's direction.

2. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Agreed. Korona looks stupid now. And some other 150ks are much stronger than her now (cough k'ento cough)

I know she was OP but that's ridiculous.

3. allyorbase

They could have made her a tad more expensive. They could have reigned in her base DMG. They could have changed so many things, but instead, they fundamentally wrecked and rebuilt her into a totally different unit with a completely narrow play style (tank tank tank and hope you can heal her if you take Bloodseeker!).

F-, Owl.

4. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Wait to see the other factions. Since they apparently decided to adjust champs based on rarity and on nora cost, UD got the worst of both worlds (since UD's units were mid-range -cost, not RNG- champs and its stars were E/L/LEG units).

allyorbase likes this.
  5. allyorbase

And have you seen Shallaxy? She is the most boring thing ever: absolute trash.

I'm just waiting for an apology from Owl at this point. They clearly bit off more than they could chew with overhauling thousands of runes in one go... like I couldn't see THAT coming from a mile away.

6. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Unfortunate she lost oblivion sheild, imo its kinda what made er unique . Shes just a glorified arbitor now

7. allyorbase

...who also got uber-nerfed, btw.

8. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Tinys fault

9. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Did bloodguard get nerfed? Im at work i cant go on poxs main sight due to garbage computers

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Rather than complaining (though I agree it isn't great) it would be good if people suggested alternative builds.

11. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Korona Vs Vampyre ... who wins..?
    both Thirst for battle upgrade..but vampyre has life siphon...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...... HAHAHAHA

Korona is uncommon now... :p

12. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

@Devs Please, please, please swap thirst for battle for Bloodseeker.

BloodSeeker is Korona's Exclusive Ability (Though I know it won't be exclusive anymore since we've departed from the 150k era), but Thirst For battle base makes no sense, especailly in UD.

Please, Please, Please.

allyorbase likes this.
  13. allyorbase

This boggles the mind. Boggles. Thirst for Battle is not the right ability for her -- never was. I always always took Life Drinker and Blood Rage or +Speed. Now she's supposed to be some kind of... tank... an expensive tank with no reliable healing -- since everyone is going to want to take Bloodseeker (duh!).

I had a fear that the new upgrade sets (in general, not just for Korona) would ruin a bunch of solid runes overnight. I was right. Don't force people to choose only one of three good abilities and then force them to take some BS toss-in like Rend 1/2/3 or Pummel 1/2/3 (in K's case). I don't want Pummel. I want Lifedrinker and Bloodseeker.

14. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

I believe the intended design was for her to be a battle field leader , like a general. If theres any way to return her to that role, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated among the masses.

allyorbase likes this.
  15. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

well, start...

16. Legato

Did you read!? SHE LOST IT!

Please swap thirst for Bloodseeker on base:
    BloodSeker + Lifedrinker needs to be possible, everything else is extraneous, arguably. But those are what made Korona, Korona.

17. caine1138

18. caine1138

Yay! Shes back!

19. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Good to see Bloodseeker's back. Now Shallax is still crying over her abilities...
    and anyway, I don't see why Oblivion Shield is unique to her. Role-wise, she's a finisher, she doesn't need to tank. Oblivion Shield is just a too-sweet sweetener imo. Her perfect build is only battle leader + blood seeker + lifedrinker.
    with oblivion shield, she's just doing too much. Without it, if she gets harassed and didn't die the next turn, you just have to kill someone else and recover her back to health.

20. Legato

I'm very happy she kept the 2 defense. I don't really mind that she lost O. Shield (It's been heavily nerfed anyway), although she didn't have any other defense otherwise and some would contend that melees without it don't work and especially a 150k without some form of such is deplorable.

But those people need to remember that 150k status is no more, I'm glad we preserved the design and kept her at core to what UD is.

Melee, in your face, lack of defense hence justifiably high punishment for failing to kill.

She has a gap closer that, although situational, can be used every turn; heavily mitigating the melee problem, back to being a champ that will reward careful play. Tbh I wouldn't even mind not having Battle Leader, I only see lifedrinker + bloodseeker as core.

Oh and Bloodseeker was never 'gone' and I still think it's weird it isn't base -- upgrade system makes me somewhat just want to do away with upgrades altogether at times. blood rage is gone, but it makes sense in that with lifedrinker it really was just pummel 3.

Big Surprise was + shield throw to gatekeeper. Being able to make one or two attack might actually be really helpful - I'd actually use her now! I really don't know why they even added short-lived to her originally, it was anti-synergy with what was her 'defining' ability - even though I don't think that ability should exist at all.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    RedScarlet likes this.