Kneejerk Reactions of The Grand General

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grand General Mosh, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thank you for severely gutting the theme I worked so hard and campaigned so long to be meta-viable. We're back to being next-to-immobile speed-wise, with no equipment synergy, no inter-unit synergy, and reduced defensive capabilities. And you also removed the only thing that was keeping the original Tinkerer runnable, her Spell-charged/Recharge combo so she could stay back and Tough up and perform heavy field repairs. Other issues.

* Primarily 5 speed now, with the loss of speed upgrades and Improve Speed on Armory. Constructs are now going to constantly be a font down or worse.

*Range is no longer a thing. Robodog is too expensive to run, and Turret Team can't carry everything on its shoulders like Robodog tried to.

Please keep in mind, these are all Kneejerk reactions upon just LOOKING at things. I am going to go play some games now and see how things turn out, and will update.

allyorbase likes this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The improve speed was needed and shouldn't have been removed. Moved to a different champ possibly but still available.

The rest... it's too early to make those statements.

Champs suck everywhere.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Some of the champs in my deck were gutted really really hard. Its laughable

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Good. Now I can crush you with my unchanged champs.

Woffleet and Nautilak like this.
  5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

That was your plan all along, right? Good thing MY champions went unchanged too! FW shall reign again!

Woffleet, Nautilak and Sokolov like this.
  6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I suddenly feel good, when the only 2 things that got hit in my decks were Aspect of Life and Woodland Jester. One became a tad bit more expensive and the other no longer has the thing I used it for....yay me?

7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

My favorite change so far has been klub getting heavy charger with the only access to charge being on the same upgrade path.

8. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

You meant to say, "finally brought in line."

Woffleet likes this.
  9. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Whitestone gargoyle has preparation now, that's awesome though.

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I get the odd impression that people saw them saying champions will be more fairly costed and assumed everything would get buffed.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

The clear aim of the revamp was to make the game more friendly to "f2p casual." A lot of commons and uncommons made out like BANDITS (or cannoneers, as it were), while almost all Exos and LEs -- and the themes that relied upon them -- are shadows of their former selves (or shadows of shadows). Not cool.

12. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

They did say rarity would not equal power. Which I like. Mostly because I like the idea of new players.

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I get the impression all the "timmies" and "spikes" feel like they have been hit in the face with a brick after looking at their favorite champions. After taking an objective look at alot of champions I find the new upgrade paths interesting. I particularly enjoy using the upgrade paths to lower the nora cost by upgrading negative abilities. It is also nice to see some of the upgrade abilities moved to base abilities. On the negative side there are some things that don't make sense like giving the ability mark to Forsaken Waste Executioner who does not possess stealth abilities.

14. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

He has to give up Perseverance to get it, though.

Second thoughts after a game.

Tink still feels like a wasted slot on her own, since she's limited to maybe two abilities a turn. Which sucks, because she's finally a 6spd unit and has some AP to use.

GRE feels about the same; though I do miss the extra tanking from his slew of resistances. I am glad he doesn't cost an arm for having them.

WEG doesn't feel too terribly different, though using him with Council Spells and Nora Vitality felt strange.

Dragon Engine seems to have come through okay. Multiattack is an interesting upgrade option for him.

Invigorate on Silv Tink is great, but I'm not sure if it's going to be enough to keep Constructs going with all the other changes.

Seriously, why are SO many Constructs Unequippable now?! Including one that's Equipment THEMED?!

15. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

he does not need to give up perserverance for preperation.
    Also, dwarven handler has rev em up now, not sure if he's worth running

16. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

But Dusk Creeper, who still has improve range, is race: undead again :D

17. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Its not the changes or the nora or the stats.
    Its the fact that a lot of themes has been gutted for synergy and flavour. It looks and feels like for 90% of cases you have to play good stuff or lose.

Then there is the downright faulty upgrades. Upgrades that are entirely useless (Mark on Executioner) or allready is part of the champion (Warding on Dark Knight)
    How such things got through is baffling to put it mildly :(