Knockback Abilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goatmanji, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

I'm looking for a list of abilities that move opposing champs around without using relocation-type abilities--they actually have to move (good examples I've found: Knockback, Tremor, Fascinate). Can anyone help me find some more?

Yes, I know I can dig through the massive list of abilities on PoxBase, but I figured tapping into the community's expertise would be less time-consuming.

2. srinshee

srinshee Well-Known Member

Sweep moves opponents 2 spaces and impact strike on Euan moves too

3. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Repulsion, the SP spell I think it was called disorder or something, Flood in FS, slam, explosive attack

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Water Vortex

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You have to differentiate between knockback abilities and forced movement abilites, as they are mechanically different, for example, you can fascinate/repulse (forced movement) a champion into a chasm even with leftover AP but they won't be damaged if they try to go through a wall like they do with knocback.
    Both will work to use with poison clouds, but only knockback with rooted and obstacles.
    a non-extensive list, you can se the poxnora wiki to do advanced text search.
    for knockback:
    slam, telekinetic thrust, sweep, tremor, gale, crushing charge, massive leap, impact strike, explosive attack, knockback, stone bomb, tectonic pulse, guard tower, water vortex, bounce
    Flood, scatter, earthshaker, guard tower, cyclops eye belt
    For forced movement
    Fascinate, repulsion, fairy dust, hallucinogenic, siren's song, terrify?
    psionic storm, zephyr of elements

6. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Tbh I'm not worried about interactions with chasms or walls/other champs per se, just things that move opposing champs around. Positioning is important, and I find disruption of it quite fun. My favorite spell is Gale Force simply due to the amazing amount of utility you can get out of it.

Thanks for the input everyone, this has helped a lot.

7. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I don't know how long you've been around, but FS/SP knockback bgs are usually pretty good. Never played them myself so I couldn't give you a bg composition or anything, but it might be something worth looking more into. The concept has been thrown around the Split Faction forums frequently.