Knockback into avatars: wai?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by NevrGonaGivUup, Mar 20, 2016.

1. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I might be mistaken, but don't avatars take damage from units being knocked into them? I'm sure I remember using gale force to kill avatars, but I just played a game where it didnt work - my unit took knockback damage, but the avatar didnt. I know that they cant be knocked back themselves. So my question is: was this changed recently, or is this always how it worked?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If it was a 2x2 champ that was knockback into the avatar that may be the reason.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm 100% knockback into shrines isn't WAI. I've tested and reported it's damage being reduced for no aparent reason. Dunno about Transfigured Avatars.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

As far as I know, shrines behave like relics, therefore being able to take damage from knockbacked champions. The reduced damage might be explained by the 30% damage reduction they have, although I think it reduces more than that( really need confirmation though, my memory sucks). But of course I have no idea if they should be taking such damage, despite the fact that it does make some sense.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Lushiris likes this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/knockback-dmg-on-shrines-inconsistent.17589/

It's way more than 30% damage reduction :(

Lushiris likes this.
  7. NevrGonaGivUup

In this specific case, I was trying to kill the enemy kf avatar by gale force-ing my Crystal dragon(2x2) into it twice. Is the 2x2 part the problem here? If so, why is this the case?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You would need to have them properly aligned, as described in the complete rules. In the case of 2x2 units, either as the KB'd champion or as the unit into which the KB'd champion is trying to move, exact positioning is very important. Can you provide a tile-precise description, or perhaps supply a diagram?

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, I just checked this out and the damage reduction only appears to apply to the Shrine and non-transfigured Avatar. This may be tied to the Shrine Resistance ability, but the amount it is reducing the knockback damage doesn't appear to be consistent with the description of the ability.

You said it was the KF Avatar. I assume you meant the un-transfigured Avatar?

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Unless you had them completely base-to-base, no damage would be dealt to the avatar. No other alignment puts their top-most tiles in line, so while the Dragon would always take obstruction damage, the avatar won't take damage for being the obstruction.

11. NevrGonaGivUup

This was the problem. They weren't base to base. I didnt know that the system worked this way, thanks.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The actually mechanics really are a bit unintuitive, but yes, that basic rule will hold: 2x2s need to be base-to-base if you want both to take damage. (The originally knocked-back champion will always take damage if it's obstructed.)