Kormack's thoughts on treefolk ~ for "the list" on general chat.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

1 - tangle foot must have pariah otherwise he is unfair whit time-slip/mimic

2 - Ktun must be hero or max 1 per bg

3 - Woods marshal sacrifice don't work (the problem most probably is that they firstly change the abb then they change the trait devote)

4 - There are visual bug whit the crystals from the seeker of the source when they are 3 or more

This was the obvious overlooks and bugs that need hot fix.

This are some suggestions:

1 - They need to make boogwood mireoak slip fraction the tree folks are one of the oldest themes and still they don't have a legend rune.

2 - They must make fireoak usable now he is totally obsolete

3 - They must change the torch to affect only enemy healing cos the devotes are meant to be used whit tree folks which now have regeneration by default

4 - Other totally useless champion is Willowind

5 - Now when they changed the willowind and the occuly slag the tree folks has no chance to avoid lumbering except the spell light as fether which makes most of the lumbering tree folks useless

2. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Here's my starter list:

K'thun
    : I agree that multiple K'thuns is silly. Multiple any named unit is silly really.
    Suggestion: Max 1 per battlegroup. It's part of every card now, just a matter of changing a number.

Tanglefoot: Flurry without Pariah is easily abusable.
    Suggestion: Either change Flurry or remove it with suitable compensation in stats/abilities.

Bogwood Mireoak: Agree 100%
    Suggestion: Make him Split FS/KF rune. I'm dying to finally use this guy in a treedeck.

Willowind: Thoroughly gutted. No Soften. No Light as a Feather. No Improve Range. Lousy for Magic Damage.
    Suggestion: Replace Nature's Balance with Featherweight. Replace the Nature's Blessing upgrade tier with Soften, Improve Range, and Nature's Blessing 1. Give her some damage and range back if possible.

Nature's Balance (Relic): Make it runnable so Willowind doesn't need the ability on base.
    Suggestion: This relic has Nature's Balance and Balance 3. This makes it runnable as psuedo-detection slash miscalculation finisher. Two birds, one stone.

Spikewood Abomination: Stripped down, overpriced, can't even make up the abysmal stats with Treefolk boosts because he lacks the race.
    Suggestion: Add Race Treefolk for starters. Lower cost or other buffs if necessary.

UPDATES:

Featherweight
    - Target champion within 5 spaces loses Lumbering and gains Mobility till the end of the turn. AP 2 / CD 1

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Sirius, Xirone and Woffleet like this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I agree with everything you have said. Hopefully the pox gods will read this and make some adjustments. I especially agree, by the way, that Willowing, Spikewood Abomination and Fireoak are epic wastes right now. As such here's my reccomendation...

Willowind- DEF reduced from 3 to 2. RNG increased from 1-2 to 2-4. Nature's Balance removed from base. Grant: Flight added to base. First upgrade path changed from Fairy Dust, Cleansing Aura, Boost: Treefolk 3 to Soften, Bastion of Will, Improve Range.

Spikewood Abomination- DMG increased from 6 to 8. Equip: Seed of Potential removed from base. Nature's Connection added to base. First upgrade path changed to Rapid Attacks 1/2/3. Hidden: Vegetation added to second upgrade path (in Nature's Connection's current place).

Twisted Fireoak-
    RNG reduced from 1-4 to 1-3. HP lowered from 55 to 50. SPD lowered from 6 to 5. Stationary removed from base. First upgrade path changed to Burn 1/2/3.

4. Xirone

Of course, I honesty don't know what to do with Twisted Fireoak. It is kind of odd no matter what happens to it.

5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

This has always been an odd champ. Just some thoughts. Take Root has never made any sense to me on this champ. I know it's a treefolk racial, but it's already stationary. It was removed from Kthun, no reason it can't get removed from this champ. Raise it's damage to 9 or 10 and give it multiattack 1 to compensate for not being able to get the normal benefits of Take Root. Other than that lower the nora cost by about 5 or 6 and I think it would be runnable. Perhaps a range reduction to 1-3 as well.

6. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I wonder what it would cost with this configuration:

Damage 10, Speed 6, Range 1-4, Defense 2, Health 50

Attack Fire
    Lumbering
    Fire Aura 3
    Dragging Attack

Multiattack 1/2/3
    Resist Fire 3 / Immunity Fire / Swap 2

Notes:
    1) With MA it can move 2 spaces and attack 4 spaces away with one turn's AP paying the Lumbering rate of movement.
    2) The absence of Take Root prevents it from becoming a huge "Do not enter!" zone on top of what it can do normally.
    3) Resist Fire can be taken to keep his cost low
    4) If the theme requires lumbering removal spells and abilities, might as well be consistent in the movement restriction given to champs

7. Xirone

Teleport and Swap, without any other changes, will make it more expensive, though. I do like the idea of Swap but certainly don't want it more expensive.

8. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I'm just spitballing ideas, though I don't really see lack of mobility as the issue when it has Teleport.

Actually, Lumbering + MA3 with Swap as an upgrade is also interesting. I think I'll incorporate that above.

That configuration means it can 1) move slowly and still attack 2) move in a burst with the help of an ally and 3) be mobilized with the theme's anti-lumbering spells and other abilities.

P.S. I also see no problem in sharing this champ with UD along with getting FS to lend us Bogwood.

9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Oh, since they said programming isn't a major obstacle anymore, I want to toss this out there for Willowind:

Featherweight - Target champion within 5 spaces loses Lumbering and gains Mobility till the end of the turn. AP 2 / CD 1

Note that a Willowind can only alleviate Lumbering on a single champ per turn till the end of the turn with this version.
    This differentiates it from the spell, which costs nora, affects multiple champs, and lasts for 3 rounds. :D

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'm genuinely curious KF ppl, what is your opinion of trees atm as a theme and where do you feel they stack up now given the post revamp environment?

11. Krokodil

Krokodil The King of Potatoes

I like the new Willowind. He provides
    - Natures Balance
    - Boost 3
    - Single target cleanse

If you load even more useful abilities on him he become the prime target for every smart opponent. Please no more swiss army knifes.
    By the way Natures Balance on him is vital ! The relic Nature Balance cost 30 nora and extra deckspace.

Light as a feather would be a cool update on an other champ. Patriarch for example with Light as a feather, Boost and Shroud would be nice.

12. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I think overall they came out strong, largely due to most of them being simple champs to begin with and the various mechanic that allow them to get improved stats (Boost, Greenhouse, Take Root). It's the discrepancy between the winners and the losers in the formula roulette that's mostly under discussion here. Some, like Tanglefoot came out in a stupidly overpowered state. Others, like Spikewood got the short end of the stick. Both extremes need to be ironed out, as they do for champions game wide. Take Root should probably come off some champs, both for limiting damage potential and cost issues (champs you wouldn't normally root, like Deadwood Strider don't necessarily need it driving up their cost).

dsjtheman likes this.
  13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think twisted fireoak just needs to get 1-3 ranged and increased damage reducing his speed seems silly when he can only move through teleport, and i absolutely don't want another lumbering tree. I also really like stationary on him it's flavorful and doesn't set him back much.

14. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

If you remove Nature's Balance from Willowind without putting it into another champion you're basically gutting the entire BG. Too complex of a reasoning to write it down in a small post tbh, just trust me.

EDIT: And specially if you put it into a relic with Balance. Just no.

15. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

its been kinda annoying how when you have a boost 2 champ out with a boost 3 champ out... ive had instances where the game cant seem to decide which boost to give the champ while in range of both ranks of boost. it was buggy before revamp too.

Karmavore likes this.
  16. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

After playing Kormack himself On a multiple font map, they are KF attrition. The tree caller summons every round if not every other round late game. When you kill the trees, they gain Hp and heal when the delights are in play, and last but not least, Surge plant is so easy to snowball.

And they still almost all have 15-20 damage with boost+ greenhouse and root in effect.

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Jaba, please stop. As far as I can recollect ANY and all themes in poxnora have a snowball feature attached to them. Constructs in no different, to come out now and make this claim that "Treefolk Snowball to hard" is a silly thing to say. I'm not taking away from the fact that things can be changed, but the evidence proves that any theme that you play in poxnora (in order to win) will eventually snowball to a no return zone.. This was especially evident when I played Devotee pre-revamp. It took usually 10-14 rounds for the bg to set up, once this occurred the opponent usually crumbled under the tower of 20+ dmg champions.

18. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

damn just cause I call it how I actually play it?

I know one thing.. the only thing in constructs that can stop the snowball is clockwork swarm.