K'Thun The Ancient(Treefolk After Revamp)

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by ptjimbo, May 5, 2014.

1. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

K'Thun the Ancient
    853C.jpg

This beautiful, elegant, old mother Firker should be buffed.

I think perhaps maybe giving him Flying and taking away Earthbound, give him Attack: Loss of Life, and then Oblivion Shield. Oh, don't forget to give him Unstoppable, Beserk 3, and Fury.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

---------------------------------

But no, in all seriousness, I think he could use maybe a minor buff. Nothing too big, nothing too small. Something that would make him a little more fun, than he already is, in Treefolk bgs or even other bgs.

I suppose with that said, lets see what everyone would like to see happen to Treefolk with the upcoming revamp. I personally would like them to keep the whole boosting one another aspect of their play-style, I think that's really cool. I love the take root abilities, allows for pretty fun power turns and an excellent way to defend locations with things like Gnarlwood Oakthumper and Deadwood Strider.

Just curious on what you all think will stay or go with the Treefolk of K'Thir.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The interesting thing is that the Treefolk (and Plants) tend to be very cheap and efficient. I wonder what they will be like with fewer abilities? Cheaper and more efficient?

3. ptjimbo

That is a strong possibility. Currently I am running a treefolk bg, without K'thun because he is never up on poxbox or poxbrothers, but I am enjoying how much more efficient trades are with them. I was playing against Kanen the other day and I managed to kill 4-5 champs before I lost one.

I feel this kind of efficiency might be hunted down with the nerf bat, but it's pretty good. Which brings me back to your question, would the revamp make them cheaper and more efficient? Honestly all we can do is guess and hope, pray to the based gods, that they don't get hurt with it.

But I do like seeing what others think might happen, and coming up with potential ideas for this fun theme.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It would be cool if K'thun turned into something like...

K'thun the Ancient
    Stats-
    DMG: 14, SPD: 4, RNG: 1-3, DEF: 2, HP: 60
    Base Abilities- Attack: Magical, Biogenesis, Gift of Ironwood, Wandering
    Upgrade Path 1- Nora Shield (1), Nora Shield (2), Preparation
    Upgrade Path 2- Regeneration (2), Regeneration (3), Take Root

You could take Nora Shield (1) and Regeneration (2) for a "budget" K'thun, Nora Shield (2) and Regeneration (3) for a "mid-level" K'thun, and Preparation and Take Root for a "power" K'thun. Not taking Regeneration would work negatively with Biogenesis, of course.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    Gorebucket, Woffleet and ptjimbo like this.
  5. ptjimbo

Yeah, I am liking that set up you came up with right there.

6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Xirone, I kinda wish that Preparation was changed to Favor, and Take root to Weaken spells. Then it looks like a really nice champ.

Realistically you can kinda expect he will have shroud, and TFB plus boost bonuses...So you're looking at 6+defense, 50% resistant to physical, regen 3, spell weakening, shrouded dude churning out gnarlwood grapplers. Probably too good.

7. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

all i know is wandering better reduce cost by a lot if they keep it on him

8. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Oh, so you can choose things for upgrades vertically? I thought it was one of the paths, as in U either get Regeneration (2), Regeneration (3), Take Root all together or the other path all together. Can you mix and match or is it literally just take one row downwards?

9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Just give him Attack Magical and make him Lumbering instead of Wandering so he can be used as a champ. Done.

*Cue "OMG! Wandering is his FLAVOR! How can you take away his FLAVOR!" response*

I do like Preparation + Wandering as an alternative though. It's a good compromise between the desire to use him as a champ and the people that suddenly become gourmets when you suggest an improvement to something. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  10. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I take some measure of comfort in the fact that most are pretty simplified already and thus unlikely to need stripping down.

The only ones that I worry for are Willowind and Spikewood (but maybe he can be classified as Treefolk with the changes).

11. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would rather have wandering on him than lumbering any day, and not because of flavor.

12. dsjtheman

besides, wandering could mean he just wanders from region to region never making a permanent home... but while he's at his current location he can walk freely.

Gorebucket likes this.
  13. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Lumbering allows him to be controlled and therefore either remain in a desirable location or use his stats and range to make a meaningful contribution. It can be combined with Light as a Feather to temporarily make him a fully mobile combatant. Is there some way in which Wandering is more beneficial than that? Moving two spaces randomly and being otherwise immobile robs him of a great deal of potential.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  14. dsjtheman

15. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's true.

dsjtheman likes this.