Lack of Upgrades Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Can you explain why you think adding 2 extra options on his second upgrade line make him "less useful?"

Don't like the options? Stick with Stun and he's EXACTLY the same as right now.

2. arthur

arthur The King of Potatoes

For Arctic Garu, Garu Kodiak, Mountain Garu and Woodland Diplomat I would suggest as upgrade Pride of Ailur, just to have more Garus matching with the Ailurite Brother's flavor text about the Ailurite Brotherhood being a growing Garu movement. Maybe it could be applied to Garu Cub and Garu Primitive too, but I think that one (or two) rank of enrage would be a more fitting choice to the Garu Primitive, since rage is a primitive response to pain, and abash for the Garu Cub, since it's a cub and you should feel abashed for hitting one cub.
    Since Mountain Garu has another space in the upgrades, an obvious option due to its name would be Mountaineer for U2. But I think that it could have some ranks of Tough too.

3. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

RATTLE SLAG
    U1: Distract, Scour 1, Cackle
    U2: Empowered Range, Sonic Aura 1, Sonic Aura 2

4. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

DE Priestess
    Shatter on the multi path

5. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Cyclops Hurler
    Upgrade 1: Kinetic Impulse

6. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Cyclops Seer
    Upgrade 1: Hex 2

7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Lonx Howler
    Upgrade 1: Hidden: Arctic

8. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Im for the deep elf monk to have nohkan do as an upgrade option.

9. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Not sure where to post this.... Updraft ability..
    Can it be powered up to 4 rounds instead of just two rounds. It is very specific to conditions of draws, what you have out there all ready. 4 rounds would increase its chance to come to fruition. or take away the aerial supremacy part and just have flight for 4 or 6 rounds.

10. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I keep thinking Mairdreth would be better off with Rabid 1 as an option on U1 instead of 2 or 3 as the extra DoT damage isn't that useful on her.

11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Is this thread still a thing?

1)Magnepede
    Base:
    Basic attack (Phisical)
    Regen 3
    Split
    Magnetic Pulse

Current upgrade paths:
    Up1: Surge Equip, Equip Boon, Damage Shield Phisical 3
    Up2: Teleport Equipped

Idea:
    Up1: Surge Equip, Equip Boon, Damage Shield Phisical 3
    Up2: Teleport Equipped, +Provision Utility, +Activate Magnet

Why:
    *I added another mobility option with "Activate Magnet"(The CD on this ability would only work well on a splitting champ) and Utility based on equip synergy

2)Daggerpede
    Base:
    Basic attack (Acid)
    Split
    Surge Equipped
    Creep & Crawl

Current upgrade paths:
    Up1: Regeneration 3, Damage Shield Acid 2, Lay trap Acid 3
    Up2: Telepor Equipped, Hunter Equipped

Idea:
    Up1: Regeneration 3, +Toss Equipment, +Combo Attack: Drain
    Up2:
    Teleport Equipped, Hunter Equipped +Swap

Why:
    *removed the useless trap and now Up1 has options to healing self(regen) or healing while damaging (this option synergyzes well with "Creep & Crawl" and the surge+hunter, makes a lot more sense than laying a trap..)
    *Removed the useless Damaging shield 2 fto allow "toss equip + Hunter equipped" combo
    *Added swap as an option (its waay less useful as teleport equipped or hunter so its just a filler)

3) Sunderpede
    Base:

Basic attack (Phisical)
    Split
    Mountaneer
    Tunnel Earth 2

Current upgrade paths:
    Up1: Tunnel Sand 1, Tunnel Sand 2, Tunnel Vegetation 1
    Up2: Regen 1, Regen 2, Regen 3

Why changing this champ:
    *since SL got two other splitting champs not too long ago which fill their own role and synergy their deck i was wondering what's this champ role compared to those other pedes.. and this champ's only thing is that it has high mobility and it split.. so my idea is to make it more useful based on its mobility while keeping it in line (any ability can break a champ with split)

Idea:
    Base:

Basic attack (Phisical)
    Split
    +Regen 3
    Tunnel Earth 2

New upgrade paths:
    Up1: +Latch on, +Inhibiting touch, +Scour
    Up2: +Portal Walker, +Sundered Exploit, +Portal Syphon

Why:

*For base i moved Regen 3 and kept Tunnel Earth (its the main flavour of this champ and its what the lore on this rune says it has), with this i freed the Up2 for "mobility synergy" with both portal abilities.
    *For Up1 i removed the other tunnel abilities and added on hit effects, "Scour" to have Sunder+Sundered Exploit combo available. Latch On seemed like an interesting option for a splitting champ too.

12. Sokolov

Yep, it is still a thing.

Kampel likes this.
  13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Sunder Hellion
    Base:
    Basic Attack (Fire)
    Territorial
    Flight -----> is there any reason why this dragon doesnt have "Dragon Flight"?

Current:
    Up1: Scale Armor, Oblivion Shield
    Up2: Antagonize, Stun

Idea:
    Current:
    Up1: Scale Armor, Oblivion Shield, +Sapping Armor
    Up2: Antagonize, Stun, +Initiator

Why:
    I was going to pick "Stunning" for that slot but it would be too much, Sapping Armor is just a lesser defensive ability to the other options so its a filler but might help with AP decks in SL dragons (Eminent has "Cull" and SL got that new equip "Indignation" that grants Cull too)
    *I added "Initiator" to Up2 because if this champ's main ability is Territorial and it only triggers near a newly deployed enemy then the first bite should be highly rewarded.

14. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Elsari Siren

U1: replace all Death Nova options with Siren's Song, Demoralizing Descant, and Elsari Coven (moved from U2)

U2: changed to Sonic Roar, Death Nova: Sonic 3, and Desecrated Zone 2

The way she is now, Death Novas conflict heavily with Body Jumper, which will possess a unit that could just end up being killed by Death Nova. This forces you to take the lowest rank possible, constricting her upgrade options.

Splash doesn't make much sense on a 1-3 range unit. If she were 1 range, I could maybe see it as a way to prevent people from escaping; but since Body Jumper has global range anyway, it sort of defeats the purpose of Splash (plus Splash is just a terrible ability in non-FS themes).

For those who want to keep her "Witchy", I left Coven and Desecrated Zone in there as upgrade options (though personally I never thought of her as a witch. A familiar maybe, but not an actual witch). I would also suggest dropping her range by 1 if you choose to add Siren's Song. This will help differentiate her a bit from Moragen the Lost.

It doesn't help that Elsari Siren, Moragen the Lost, and Wailing Banshee are all sharing a very similar thematic, but you may be able to use that "Siren" sub-theme later on. Who knows, it could be pretty neat expanding on it.

15. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I look at it more like this. She left the elves and broke the chain that came with it. Sometimes you have to let go of the past (Ie split faction and adaptive KF) to go onto focusing on other things :)

16. Sokolov

My initial thought was that I don't like spreading around Siren's Song, but if it became a "Siren" thing, then it feels better.

17. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

How about Pull instead of Siren's Song then? Same basic idea but less potential for abuse; I agree that too many sources of Siren's Song would be bad (though I have to say, a "Siren" theme sounds neat).

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think siren song is definitely to strong an ability to have on multiple champions

19. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

What would happen moving in the middle of 2 different siren song sources? o_O
    Or does it only proc on normal movement.

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I can't tell you only way to find out would be to 2v2 with 2 moragens