Lash Down, Head of Osarius, and Superiority

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by ProR2D2, Nov 21, 2015.

1. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Lash Down: It should root and distact for 4 turns, but it only lasts for 2 turns.

Head of Osarius: It states that splits after 4 turns, but it didn't split for 8 turns.

Superiority, Coral Creeper, Voltaic Slag: Superiority used on Coral creeper doesn't damage Voltaic Slag, even thought they are different races.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. ProR2D2

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Confirmed, description will be updated.

Looks like description is off (rank 2 states 6 turns correctly, while Rank 1 is every 8 turns (or 4 rounds)).

Unable to reproduce. Casting Superiority on either Coral or Voltaic damages the other correctly in testing.

4. ProR2D2

Thanks.

It has to do with selecting 2x2 units.
    In Superiority case, it is always treating the selected square as it is the top one in a 2x2 champion.

For Example:
    I casted superiority on the botton square of my coral creeper and it damaged my champions 7 spaces away. The enemy champion 6 spaces away was unaffected.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  5. ProR2D2

6. Sokolov

Hrm...

upload_2015-12-21_20-32-33.png

I just tried casting Superiority twice on this Coral Creeper.

The first time I did bottom square and it hit the 6 spaces away Boghopper correctly.

The second time I casted on the top square of the Creeper and it still hit the Boghopper correctly. In neither case did it reach 7 spaces to my Barbarian Commander.

7. Sokolov

I was able to reproduce this in specific cases, but I am not sure how to describe it exactly. It's more like SOMETIMES it matters where you cast it, but sometimes it doesn't.

8. Sokolov

upload_2015-12-21_20-43-5.png

Casting it on the top or bottom square of the 2x2 correctly damages just the Tide Master.

Casting on the right most square of this 2x2 will damage the Tide Master correctly but the boghopper 7 spaces away is also damaged incorrectly (as the spell states 6 spaces).

However, casting it on the leftmost square will not damage either champion (and should damage the Tide Master).

9. ProR2D2

10. Sokolov

That MAY be what is happening, and is one possible explanation, but what I need to describe to the programmers is what is actually happening, not what I think is happening.

That said, I do think your explanation is a good way of describing it and I did include it in the bug report.

11. ProR2D2

Maybe in the code there is 2 steps for Large champions:

1. Changing selection to Top Square for consistency.
    2. Use Code.

And the step 1 isn't working? so the step 2 thinks you are selecting the Top square everytime? I may be wrong tho.

12. Sokolov

Hmm? I already reproduced it.

EDIT: Oh, I see, you are speculating on code. Yea, I dunno. I do know there is a way to get the AE of a 2x2 target, but this is a pretty old spell so it might be doing something funky.