Lava trap

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by super71, Sep 9, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Doesn't come into play stealthed.

2. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

Is there any chance that it's in range of detection, or that they're summoned with the Erupt spell?

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Nope. Witnessed it first hand. The relic itself just doesn't come into play stealthed.

super71 likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So, the relic IS actually stealthed. It's just a visual/lack of condition being displayed problem. Your opponent does not see it.

Either way, we are aware of the issue and it is on our list of stuff to fix.

super71 likes this.
  5. Etherielin

But that's not the case. I was able to see it the moment it was deployed in 3 separate games it had been used.

super71 likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Hmm... I literally just tested it and confirmed what I said before I posted (which I normally do).

So there must be something going on in your specific case. Was there something you had deployed in each of those games?

7. Sokolov

Tested this with Etherlin in game. For whatever reason, this problem doesn't exist on internal servers, just the live player server, will investigate more.

8. Sokolov

Ok, figured it out.

This happens because PoxNora (like all games) does certain things to optimize loading times and other things.

One of these things is that the stat of units are "cached" on the server after the first time they are utilized.

So, what this means is that if Erupt is casted first (which removed Shadowspawn from Lava Trap), then this non-Shadowspawn version of Lava Trap will be the one that gets deployed even if you want the "normal" version.

Solution: Make Erupt summon a different Lava Trap that doesn't have Shadowspawn to begin. Both will have the Lava Trap ability that does the thing, but it'll be a different relic as far as caching is concerned.

Thanks for the report, super, and thanks for the help, Ether.

super71 and Etherielin like this.
  9. super71

Good id like to see my damage relic bg see more play, this was crucial to it surprisingly.

10. Sokolov

upload_2016-9-10_1-19-16.png

Qucas and Etherielin like this.
  11. super71

Are you testing erupt or lava trap ? Lava trap was the one I was having problems with I never cast erupt just lava trap.

12. Etherielin

While Sok was testing stuff with me, I suggested that erupt might be messing lava trap up overall. The lava trap itself is going to be fixed because of the solution above, so chill.

13. super71

I'm entirely chill, I was just saying erupt wasn't the rune I had the problem with.