League Ideas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ToxicSwamp, Jul 18, 2014.

1. ToxicSwamp

ToxicSwamp The King of Potatoes

Since the League forums are over crowded as Firk, I thought I'd make a thread that include ideas for League. It's not likely any of these would be made into an actual item/champion, but it sure might be fun! So here is a champion that I thought might introduce a unique idea to the game.

Name: Grimm, the Ferryman

Splash Art: Somewhat like Threshes background but it would be on a lake or river. Also with Grimm's boat docked waiting for his next 'customer'. Grimm would be basically a reaper type guy. The hood would cover his face so you can't see his face. His cloak would be long that it trails him on the ground. All you would see of him are 2 skeletal hands holding his extendible scythe (range unit).

Passive: Ferryman - When this champion attacks a unit, Grimm gains 1/2/3 gold (levels with ult). This champion gains MAX health based on how much gold he has. (1 health for every 10 gold)

Q: Up-front - Target champion is cursed (losses 2 gold every second) for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Also takes 70/80/90/100 magic damage over those seconds. (+75% AP) (Mana: 50/60/70/80) (CD: 14 seconds)

W: Soul Shield - For every 1 gold Grimm has, he gains a temporary shield that lasts 12 seconds. (+45% AP) (Mana: 80) (CD: 15 seconds)

E: Soul Suppression - Targeted champion becomes stunned for 1.5 seconds and takes 70/80/90/100 magic damage. (+50% AP) (Cost: 100 gold) (CD: 10 seconds)

R (ult): Dark Waters - Grimm channels for 0.5 seconds. After the channel ends, Grimm is teleported to targeted space and fears champions in range for 1.5/2/3 seconds. They also take 80/100/120 damage over the course of the fear duration. (+75% AP) (Mana: 100/120/140) (CD: 100 seconds)

Feel free to post comments about this guy, or post some ideas yourself, below! :D

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So he'd scale past level 18 + full build due to his passive?

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. ToxicSwamp

His passive does seem a bit too OP as the game progresses. Not sure how to change it. A champion with this kind of uniqueness might be a little hard to balance, since it deals with gold and all. Maybe gains a higher amount of gold (5 or something) but only procs on Champion attacks?

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am not sure it's super OP. You can always cap the gain, it just makes him super late game.

That said, another implementation that preserves the idea is if he gained stats based on how much gold he has saved when he levels up. That might be too micro tho.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the problem i've run into with the power per gold idea is that it'd be fiendishly hard to balance right. especially if you add in things like gaining gold per attack, or making the enemy lose gold.

6. ToxicSwamp

Maybe the gold can be 'death gold' (haven't really thought of a batter name :oops:) that doesn't count as regular gold, maybe just to increase stats like Thresh's souls or something like that?

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

at which point it's "champion gains x stat on hit". would he keep the possibility of losing it? if so, how? obvious solution seems like it would slowly siphon off (death and taxes, aha), but hey

8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Pokemon skins:

Pikachu kennen
    Scyther Kha'zix
    Hitmon-Lee Sin
    Articuno Anivia
    Ninetails Ahri
    Golem Malphite
    Sandshrew Rammus
    Krabby Skarner
    Haunter Nocturne