League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Ya many players in low elo don't take advantage of success. Just ping an objective a few times once you land kills so they float to it.

* On a side note. Pings in general can do a lot. I saved a life last game by pinging out an escape path.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

well, here are your pros/cons as i see them for constantly pushing in bronze-

pro- the enemy team probably won't know how to respond

con- neither will yours

assuming you're actually good at what you're doing, (you shouldn't be bronze) you should win more games than you lose. regardless of your teams.

assuming otherwise, though, you're liable to be just another sandbag due to your low impact.

the key here is this- if you lose, you very likely did not have a high enough impact. especially with what you're describing, where being potentially crazy high impact is the only actual merit to the strat.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

seems like you havent spent alot of time in bronze.(either that or you are at a diamond+ skill level, can carry, and dont understand the issue) after taking the game serious for a few games ive realized that you are at the mercy of the games poor matchmaking system, and that the "you are the only constant" excuse is complete bs and spoken by people who either have a poor understanding of how the rank system works, are trying to dismiss you, or just dont understand pvp in general.(not saying u cant carry out but I am saying that you have to be far past your current rank in skill level to reliably carry games and increase you rank when this should not be the case) you being only constant doesnt mean crap when you get 9 other randoms each game that have around the same influence as you on the outcome. Its better to just get boosted or buy an account vs trying to climb outa bronze.(if u dont have skilled friends on to duo with)

if you are gold or even silver skill level you should easily increase exp at low bronze but it doesnt work that way because of major flaws in the way the ranked system is set up and the devs not understanding the flaws with their ranked system at mid/lower elos.(no idea if it works better at higher rankings)

assigning player rank soley based off of your teams wins and losses is really really stupid.

played 5 games with trynd, nasus, and mundo at a gold-plat level, leading cs by 50+ dominated lane, got towers, etc but just had inferior teams with low cs/kd ratio and lost anyway.

Also id be willing to bet money that a large percentage of the players in higher elo plat and even diamond dont belong there, were probably boosted in 1 way or another, and that many players in bronze or silver could hold rank once reaching higher elos.

Unless you have a good premade team/duo solo que ranked in league of legends is pretty much a waste of time and for the most part random odds.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

a couple major problems with the league of legends ranked system are the imbalanced matchmaking/teams and little to no afk/feeder/troll prevention/protection.

The lane issue was finally resolved but it shouldnt have taken 10 years for them to finally implement this system, imo.

The rating system should take several factors into account when ranking players including winrates, in game statistics, and the performance and ranking of teammates and opponents in each game.

smurf accounts and the time it takes to climb are also an issue. Smurfs who are clearly not bronze, shouldnt be sitting in bronze for an extended period of time.

3 losses in a row with trynd after putting in gold+ performances(cs,kd ratio,objectives) each game in low bronze, SMH.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

If they've got the same influence as you, doesn't that mean they are effectively equally skilled at the game? (If not necessarily lane pushing.)

If they are effectively equally skilled, doesn't that mean that matchmaking is working really well and that you are at the rank you should be at?

League of Legends is hard.

If you've only been seriously trying, seriously practicing and learning, for a few games you shouldn't expect to do that much better than you are currently.

Possibly, but those either continue to work with their partners (so overall their combined skill still earns them the spot) or they will drop to a lower league quickly enough.

Whether it's Bronze or Diamond, if you're not good enough you'll drag your team down, and since "you" (the general "you") are the only constant barring always duo-queing or whatever, that means that even if your 4 team-mates suffer they don't suffer nearly as often as you yourself, so they'll stay in/keep climbing while you languish/drop.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

There are a number of problems with that. Not just the complexity of such a calculation (relative to ALL other players), but it is, again, a team game. It can't measure how well you communicated, strategized (outside of whether or not you won of course), or got along with other players, all of which are very important factors in actually winning or losing. There is much more to the game than just raw mechanical skill.

But then we've been trying to tell you this for a while and it seems to still not be getting to you so... I dunno *shrug*.

poinl likes this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, they are randomly skilled and may feed harder than you carry.(especially if u happen to get 2 of these players on your team in the same game)

I took it seriously and got gold-plat stats/obectives.

not really because the teams are random, if your teammates happen to be good enough they will carry you, just depends on who you get. you may drag them down or carry them, you may not, random odds. depends on the composition of your team and your opponent's more so than your individual performance.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

just because it cant measure your communication ignore everything else they can measure? that doesnt make sense and is the opposite of what they should do.

The success of your strategy can usually be measured by statistics. getting along with other players should only have a minuscule impact on your league of legends ranking, it should be about skill not playing support, being completely mediocre, having little to no impact, cheerleading your team and getting carried.(no disrespect to support mains just making a point)

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

No, but don't weight those other things above the immeasurable aspects that lend themselves to overall victories or defeats. By excluding certain factors you end up overly emphasizing singular mechanical play within a team game that is based not just on that, but strategy and ability to work with others, even if they are strangers.

It's like, for example, having K/D Ratios as the main score component in Planet-Side 2, a game where someone may literally spend all their time laying down cover-fire, or rushing in to distract the opponent(s) to support a strike team going for the actual objective. KDR is valuable information, but it's not MORE valuable than other aspects.

Win/Loss might seem like it's incorporating less data, but it's incorporating the results of all those factors, mechanical skill, team-work, judgement, and so on, in a more or less equal manner. Your method would favor specific styles of play (Carries over Tanks and Supports for example) in terms of who gets where in Ranked, let alone ignoring again the strategical elements that are not representable by CS, Tower kills, and the like.

I think you're playing the wrong game.

... Or at least have fundamental misunderstandings about how the game works.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i was considering writing up a whole wall of text, but i feel like it would be wasted.

ohmin, you stopped playing right? if you come back, try bard. hella fun.

BurnPyro and Ohmin like this.
  11. poinl

Teamwork is the best work.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they could probably come up with a better version of what i recommended if they tried but regardless what i recommended would be 100x better than what they have now. The current ranked system is inaccurate and garbage. its fine for 5v5 teams not solo, duo, etc.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah except solo que ranked is supposed to rank individuals, not teams... their current system does a terrible job at that.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I love how mw is the exact same brat in league as in pox

At least there's some consistency left in the world

15. poinl

Ya but that's what i like about him. <3

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lower ranks in league are pointless, the rating system is horrible and does not rank you accurately at all.(fact) Better to just get boosted, only play with 2 or more skilled teammates, or buy an account once your stats and in game performance show you passed your current ranks skill level. climbing by yourself is purely luck based and your most likely to only win 50% of your games regardless of your skill level.(unless your really really bad or really really good)

No idea how the rating system works at higher rankings but it probably has many of the same problems.

last game i got camped up top(by the mid and jungle, mid still lost lane...), still won farm by alot, still had a positive kd, got 2 towers before my 1st one fell, and my team still manages to prevent me from winning the game and therefore i get demoted even tho i played the best in that game...

at least u can win in pox with your own skill as long as your using decks as strong as your opponents. Poxnora would be awesome if 90% of the decks in the game werent garbage and if it had more than 8 active players.

Leagues crap ranked and tribunal system is partly why i started playing poxnora again in the first place.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what's your ign for league again?

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

markxxiv

certain super scale/auto attackers/assassins/super cc supports are complete cancer is lower elo league. master yi, tryndamere, jax, nasus, fizz, lebroken, blitz, leona, ekko, kayle, mundo, amumu. all these champs are overpowered as heck in low/mid elo.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Bronze 4

lmao

holy Bane Shift I always thought you had to be super disabled to hit that low

that's the best thing I've read all day

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i lost 6 in a row on placements. u try carrying out of bronze, nothing but cancer at this rank.

silver league is easier to play in than bronze. at least 1 afk every 10-20 games, sometimes multiple. hardcore feeder/trolls 2-3times as much as that, at the least.

next game, lux gives up first blood 40 seconds in and then dies again 2 minutes later. league is awesome.