Leave Multiplayer gold on double, revert Singleplayer.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garr123, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

300 gold for a long game seems alright -- 12 long games for an extended pack and 120ish for a box doesn't seem unreasonable.

It's not great for the game that a third to half of the players online at any moment are grinding out gold in campaigns. Pulling those people into multilayer matches couldn't be anything but positive for the game.

I keep hearing that we gotta do something to make PVP the preferred avenue to earn gold, so why not just do this?

TeaNinja, daeminicus, Osidan and 8 others like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm not grinding gold :( ...

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm actually trying to fill out cp on my champs while still enjoying the campaigns. Gold is just a bonus. That said, I do think good accrual rate in single player could be better.

5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

more gold on multiplayer doesn't sound unreasonable

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Why do you think single player gold should be lowered? Why not just increase PVP gold. To be honest, the lack of gold rewards is not keeping me from PVP. It's the fact that I would rather play a fun, casual game at 10 minutes per move than a fast-paced PVP game at 1:45 per move. I have tried and fail several times to make my needed moves in only 1:45, or even 2:30. That is the drawback of PVP for me. I just can't think as fast as I used to so I have no chance at the faster pace. I have requested previously that they increase the time per move in PVP games, but those of you that have sharper minds and I do at this stage in my life will always have an advantage over me. We do not get very much gold rewards for campaigns. I am not against increasing PVP gold rewards. But please do not make us PVE players suffer your lack of vision.

7. Garr123

I didn't say anything about lowering it, just keeping it at it's normal level and leaving the double bonus on for multiplayer.

8. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I think that's exactly what he's saying. When the double gold weekend is over, he wants multiplayer gold to stay doubled, which is increasing the normal amount.

Ninja'd by OP

9. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

I avoid playing multiplayer most of the time. I pretty much agree with Gaedel's views. PVE with that awesome time-limit actually allows us to strategise haha. A lot more fun than PVP. The gold (with the weekend bonus) + the cp as mentioned by darklord = main incentives to play for me.

10. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

I think the answer to please everyone is: More gold all around!

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. GabrielQ

Actually not, because we want to encourage PvP play and you need assymetry to encourage things.

12. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

What about these poor lads that love a good single player campaign? Although I cannot see the attraction in playing a game like Poxnora, but that's what empathy is for.

I'd be pretty damn pleased if there global gold rate over both PvP and single player was increased.

13. GabrielQ

One thing is being discontent with the overall gold accrual rate, that I understand, but, apart from that concern, I want the relative gain for pvp matches increased, to seduce people into playing ranked.

Pipster likes this.
  14. Krokodil

Krokodil The King of Potatoes

Old story. If you don't win PvP you don't get gold. This punish first and foremost new players especially as long as there are so few of them.

I like the idea better to that win or lose give the same gold in pvp. It is this way in pve since losing is unlikly.

ShionNR and GabrielQ like this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Is it possible I could get double gold for not playing? Cuz that's what's funnest for me right nao.

16. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

You can get double gold for not playing even when it isn't a double gold event!
    But you also get half gold, and 9/10 gold.

Baskitkase likes this.
  17. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

I was thinking, keep the current double gold rate for single player, and bring multiplayer up to par.

120 long games for a new player just to get a box, is actually still way too long, you need multiple boxes, but this increased gold accrue is a step in the right direction.

18. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Bump cause spam

19. Garr123

I agree, but babysteps to not make the grind so prohibitive to new players.

20. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

thats why they should keep the double gold buff forever, NOT nerfing singleplayer, and bring multiplayer up to par, voila, bandage fix! :D