Legion (TV Show)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Seemed like a strong first episode. If it keeps up that level of production and scripting it ought to be a good series. Most of the acting seemed good as well, though there were a couple that seemed a little off.

Since there may or may not be spoilers in the thread, if you are interested, I highly recommend you watch the first episode before reading anything about the series if you can, it's much more potent that way (future episodes this may be less important).

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Did no one watch this excellent episode/show? :(

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i have no idea what it is

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I want to watch it, but haven't had time.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Perfect.

It's an 8 episode FX Networks series created by the same person that did the Fargo TV series, Noah Hawley.

It does make itself (mostly) clear what it's about by the end of the first episode, and I highly recommend watching it without knowing too much about it.

If you need slightly more information:
    It's about a young man that is committed to a hospital with Paranoid Schizophrenia, who hears voices in his head and sees things that aren't there, wondering what the reality of things is.

If you need a much more spoilerish rundown:
    Seriously, it's a spoiler, are you sure?
    It's about a psychic Mutant with severe mental problems including DID. In the Marvel series the character is based on, he's the ******* son of Professor X, and it's shown that at least some if not all of his DID is actually the minds/souls of people he had inadvertently absorbed into himself. He's also the central cause of the "Age of Apocolypse" arc in the X-Men series, among other things.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I watched it. Episode was trippy as heck. Special effects were top notch, though they kinda sucked in the final 3-5 minutes. Should be a good show. Not sure how well they will be able to explain the different personalities he has in only 8 episodes though.

19madfox95 likes this.
  7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

started watching, thought young-version was miley cyrus

pretty good so far, like 18 mins in

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Seems like exploring his mental condition will be by far the main focus of the show, possibly at the cost of non-head-space plots.

Did you finish it? What did you think?

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i enjoyed the idea, i'd probably watch more of it if i didn't have to go after it online. it was definitely different from most of what i've seen, which is a plus

Ohmin likes this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

anyone watching the Expanse?

its good.
    it has space and stuff:

Kampel likes this.
  11. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Legion first episode was awesome, gonna watch the 2nd episode today. I totally agree that knowing nothing about the story is important, spoilers sucks. hard to sell the serie to people without spoiling any though, just see it, its good.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I watched the first episode or two of season 1, but I couldn't get into it, don't remember exactly why since it's been a while (think I just couldn't get into any of the characters). Was that just that those two episodes were relatively bad or...?

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

things get better. first 2 is does not really expand on the most interesting characters, they focus on the gang and mostly Holden :/ there is loads of conflict and character development in the episodes after that.

for one in the 3rd ep you learn a lot more about the gangs backstory, you get to meet the martians etc. and the space physics are just really good the entire series, ships go one way with an accelleration of 1G, flip around and slow down to maintain the same gravity that sort of thing.

it also has annoying space mormons.

and another thing: the rule for series is three episodes before deciding to continue or not.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Kampel likes this.
  14. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

no, if its not good/intresting after a few minutes turn the crap off. But you have convinced me to give it another try, know ive tried to watch this show earlier.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

some shows can be really weird the first 2 episodes.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Actually I'd say the rule is four episodes. That way you get an "average" outside two possible set-up episodes on top of seeing the set-up. See how consistent things are and, if they aren't consistent, see whether "good" or "less so" is more common and if it's weighted to the front or the bulk of the series.

That said, sometimes other things can easily distract from a mediocre opening and end up dropping it from your radar before that "proper" viewing (it also depends on how long the series is planned to be, and individual episodes, if it's a 4 episode miniseries or something for example...).

Geressen likes this.
  17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

anyways the 4th is good too, you get to meet Tachi amongst other things.

and indeed, if you watch the first 3 of sherlock you got the whole first season and need 3 hours :p

the first 2 seasons cover the first 2 books of the series as far as I heard, I have not read them but I heard they are good. I like the hard sci-fi aspect I guess, things like the engines while being crazy efficient are not magic and things like hull breaches and vacuum/oxygen is a more pressing concern than it usually is in Star Trek/Star wars.

and it taking place in our solar system is fun too.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

@Geressen Well, anyway, maybe I'll give Expanse another go sometime.

You get a chance to watch Legion yet? I think you'd enjoy it.

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Legion has been good enough that I am optimistic for the new X-Men show they start filming soonish. I will likely have more details on the show soonish. My brother gets married in a few months and his fiance's brother (We are both in the wedding party) was just signed as one of the main characters. http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/02/09/fox-x-men-series-casts-first-actor/ Its being done by Fox instead of Marvel but supposably Marvel has some say so.

19madfox95 likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

watching it now, I like it so far.