Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Jellebrium Recursive
    "Time... Comes... Back..."
    Race: Jellebrium
    Class: Wizard
    0 DMG
    6 SPD
    1 RNG
    0 DEF
    48 HPs

(26 nora in stats)

Amphibious (1 nora)
    Jellebrium Mind (5 nora)
    Haste (12 nora)
    Stall (8 nora)

UP 1: Doom (9 nora), Spatial Dysplasia (8 nora), Force Barrier 3 (10 nora)
    UP 2: Dispel (4 nora), Confuse (6 nora), Restraining Aura (6 nora)

Final Cost: 64 - 68 nora
    A general utility champ with some powers centered on time control and general utility.
    Haste and Stall are core to its kits, of course, but Doom can be seen as an extension of that, bringing the champs inevitable death early.
    Unfortunately there aren't a bunch of time-centric powers on top of that, so the other ones are just a lot of general utility (non-healing related).

I like the overall build because I don't think any particular build is going to stand out. If you are running it in psychics you are probably going to do spatial dsplasia, but otherwise there are a lot of possibilities with it, and yet you will have plenty of opportunities to get it to use its AP.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Champ with Instability.

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Garu with Ambush.

#dropbears

4. Jimmie1982

Jimmie1982 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov I would love to chat about doing some artwork for this. I've come a long way since the olden game days. I even went and got some handy college illustration under my belt. Message me?

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dwarven Runefist

Description: A robed dwarf stands confidently on the steps of a temple of some kind as a trio of Draksar approach with weapons drawn. Bracers covered with glowing glyphs depicting various elements cover his forearms.

Flavor Text: The Runefists are a martial order that utilize gauntlets covered in ancient glyphs to empower themselves and allow them to mimic the effects of elemental attacks.

Race: Dwarf
    Class: Monk

Cost: 69
    Dam: 10 | Spd: 6 | Rng: 1 | Def: 1 | HP: 52

Base Abilities:
    Adept Arcanist
    Empowered: Speed

U1:
    Empowered: Offense (Default)
    Provision: Offense - (-3 Nora)

U2:
    Empowered: Defense - (Default)
    Provision: Defense - (-1 Nora)

sassquatch likes this.
  6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

It would be really fun to have a negative ability for champs that says something like:
    Friendly Fire: "This champ can only target friendly units with non basic abilities".

-So if you have a champ with that ability and sand spray or grappling hook you would only be able to target friendlys instead of terrain or enemys thus making it team dependant.
    -If you have a champ with "Friendly Fire" and "Fire bomb" you would need to target one of your champs with fire eater or stuff like that, changing your tactics. This ability could compensate and lower the cost a lot for champs with huge damage potential.
    -This would even work for supports, with "Friendly Fire" you can change how a support with Shatter works. there are million aplications for this

It would change completely how you play an "offensive" champ, you could add it to existing champs and completely change their gameplay.
    It would be new, refreshing and awesome.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

My only concern calling it a negative ability is that I doubt it would ever be put on a champ with abilities where it would truly be a negative but more of a way of controlling how something is used. If it has a negative modifier at all it would have to be a small one. That aside I think its a cool idea but I believe sok doesnt want any new abilities for this project.

8. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

True true, but for this project sok wanted "new and cool combinations" for champs and relics. With this ability you can even copy existing combinations and change how they are played so i thought it might be of help in this thread.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Seems too sreamlined, running dangerously close to Terraformer.

Flavor Text screams for Charged Flame Fist & Charged Frost Fist instead of Adept Arcanist

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Perhaps. I was trying to build a concept around Arcanist however. IS has access to Redfist and Bluefist so I wouldnt want to step on their toes. Ill see if I can change up the upgrades a tad.

11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Demonic Anarchist
    Factions: UD
    Races: Demon

Hp: 50
    Def: 0
    Speed: 6
    Damage: 0
    Range: 1

Abilities:
    Passive
    Fire amp
    Lava Storm

Upgrade Path 1
    Fire Jab
    Deflect Fire
    Raider

Upgrade Path 2
    Grant Death Nova Fire
    Detonate Relic

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Please PM me a link to your portfolio and I'll discuss with my lead artist.

Jimmie1982 likes this.
  13. Jimmie1982

Jimmie1982 I need me some PIE!

Cool, I'll get it to you this evening. Thank ya, sir.

14. Sokolov

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Great, Now I'm going to have to go through 41 pages with scrutiny over the ones I like the most. This is going to be a long ass night.

16. doubtofbuddha

17. Sokolov

?

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

"sadface" Is an expression of sadness through the usage of 1 word

In this situation its likely directed at seeing his suggestion is not in the spreadsheet.

Just my guess

19. doubtofbuddha

macca gets a gold star! Though if my suggestions aren't good it is better for them to not be included. No big deal.

20. Sokolov

I'll be making multiple passes thru the thread so who knows :D Most likely I'll have too many and have to cut some anyway :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.