Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Brains Jar (FW equip)

Equipped champ gains "Brainless", "Careless", "liability", "Slothful or Lethargic", +1 spd and is Confused for 6 turns.

2. Kampel

Sheoul Blood Cleric

Image: Fuse this pic with Sheoul Magus art:
    [​IMG]

I picture her as a melee buffer, a normal cleric improves defenses but blood clerics should imbue allys with more damage, venom and curses.

Possible base abilities:
    Fly
    Sustain: Berserker
    Blood Magic

Possible Upgrades:
    Combo attack: Drain
    Execute
    Train Strike
    Imbue stun
    Book burn
    Ritual of Destruction
    Ritual of Power
    Blood related abilities

IMAGIRL likes this.
  3. Kampel

Complete Avian Encyclopedia (IS equip)

Lore: Those who speak bird-tongue have a huge tactical adventage, they have eyes in every tree and allies in the sky.

-Equipped champeon gains "Reaven Tongue", "Hawk Attack" and "Ivory Sigil (Or any other sigil you see fit)"

I would like it to also grant "Attack: Reaven" but a basic attack on demand might be a problem

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  4. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Edited Grintmaw Merger. (thanks for the feedback @IMAGIRL)

Now it could cover the role of a rogue (that grintmaw are missing).

5. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

A couple of comments on the Salaman designed by @doubtofbuddha

Salaman Mech.
    I'm not convinced about magic attacks on Salaman, that's what equipment is for. Would it not be better to give attack: fire and flamethrower instead of magic beam? This feels more Salaman to me.

Salaman Templar.
    Seems solid but with Saman Mech and Fire Salaman, what does it bring to the table? For some reason, it doesn't feel very 'Salaman' to me... I can't really describe why. Just doesn't feel like a Salaman rune, other than it says race: Salaman.

Goyo likes this.
  6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Now this is coming to an end, just wanted to say shout out to @Sokolov for being Firking awesome and doing this. Never known a game to be more involved and invested in its playerbase. You rock man, keep it up.

IMAGIRL and Qucas like this.
  7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

yes please. preferably around the 40-50 nora cost mark

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

So much this.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Thanks, It was bothering me I couldn't remember it. I wanted to use it as it was so similar to Janna's Eye of the Storm Ability.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like the additions. He'll certainly feel mobile and fluid like is flavor entails.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Hey, how about some feedback to my incredibly great ten-minute-inventions.

I might cook up a single-target-removal-spell tomorrow. Always missed one that wasn't as unreliable as drown or as random as PHS.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I must have missed them. Link me to them. Perhaps I'll see something. As for the "singe target removal spell" Pretty sure spells are a no no this expansion.

13. Boozha

All of them on page 66, after you dragged me back to the forums for the interview I suddenly had a few ideas. Actually, the idea for the relay I've had for a bit.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like it. The art, and text paint a picture while the upgrades follow through with it. Unfortunately I think the deployment abilities you have are considered new abilities as they don't currently exist. In addition they would probably be named Summoned as is the current trend of naming and defining all at once.
    I really like this one too. It seems like something that would be in an official expansion. Correcnt if I am wrong though. Psychic Transfer, Outburst, and Relay all seems like new abilities. Which would disqualify the rune for this expanion.
    Again I like this but the second effect of the rune seems like new coding which would disqualify it.

I'd suggest you add all these to the Rune Ideas, and Suggestions forum for future consideration.

In case you missed it.

15. Boozha

Well, balls. That makes the span quite limited ... especially for FS that always relied on it's gimmicks.

I read the rules when the whole thing started, but forgot them in the meantime ... I'll try to cook up something different tomorrow, and maybe the Fontfinder could be salvaged if those summon abilities don't take much coding (after all, the relics already exist) - no idea whether they do or not, though.

Sadness

16. Boozha

Darkmarsh Elder

Art: A wizened Boghopper with a grim expression in a dark cloak, hidden up on a mangrove-like tree, waiting for his target

Artist: Matt Dixon

Text: After living to the full, the elders of most of the protectorate give their lives to the young. The darkmarsh elder, however, often give their lives for the swamp.

Faction: FS
    Race: Boghopper
    Class: None
    Size: 1x1

DMG: 6
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 0
    HP: 32

Abilities:

Amphibious
    Attack: Physical
    Killing Stroke

Upgrades 1:
    Still Life
    Stealth
    Hidden: Vegetation

Upgrades 2:
    Strike
    Exertion 3
    Soulsift 2

Single-Target-Removal for FS, wohoo! This rune represents a boghopper ready to become one with nora, and in the badass way of the darkmarsh, by taking someone with him. He's not very fast, but he can make a dash to the finish, giving his last in the process. His low damage means that you may want to take strike in order to reliably kill the thing you hit, but then you miss out on the exertion dash to the target, or on the huge refund (killing stroke is rather expensive and all that).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like it, UP 2 allows for players to fit it to their playstyle. It'd also be likely to see play as it's less of a tempo hit than Drown. Less prerequisites to boot.

18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I've REALLY wanted to suggest this one for a long time, but I wanted to also come up with its FS/SP champion pair. Unfortunately, I haven't managed that yet, and the thread is nearing its end. So, here it is:

Spear of Storms
    Rune Type:
    Equipment
    Faction: FS/SP
    Effect: Equipped champion gains Attack: Electricity and Flying. Forglar Swamps champions also gain Stormstriker/Stormlancer (This champion deals 30% more damage when attacking a champion occupying Water). Shattered Peaks champions also gain Deflect: Electric.
    Artwork: A trident/guan dao like weapon looking like electricity is being channeled through it. Electricity doesn't spread around everywhere, but rather seems more focused/directed. (Or Voil Stormspear's weapon could just be reused.)
    Flavor text: He who can handle this spear will be granted mastery over storms (or "will hold the storms at his command"). (Just a suggestion, feel free to find something else.)
    Nora Cost: 35?

Originally posted in this thread. It is meant to help the FS/SP Electricity split because I think it's a cool split with potential, while still being useful for the individual factions. Attack: Electricity would really help Augur of the Deep and Tidemaster since they almost fit the theme, all the while reducing the need to over rely on Ionization.

Stormstriker/Stormlancer (This champion deals 30% more damage when attacking a champion occupying Water) is based on the way Lightning Storm deals extra damage on champions on water terrain. Hopefully it can be used for attacks as well.

The rest of my reasoning is in the link above. I changed the SP side to make it give Deflect: Electric, it seems more useful.

I have plenty more rune ideas (~10 in fact), but this is the one that I like the most out of them.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Wouldn't this part consist of new code? It has an If then Clause similar to Distichous: .

20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The mechanic/code/thing that checks for factions already exists on equipments: https://poxbase.com/equipment/143

As for the extra damage to stuff on water, I'm hoping it can be used because it exists on Lightning Storm. If not, then bummer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.