Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

While technically yes it does already exist. They would still have to take it and exchanges lines of code to make it work with the abilities you suggested. That meas that coding work (albeit minor) has to be done. Which I think was mentioned previously to be considered a new ability. Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see the rune in the game, but I don't think it'll happen here.

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I don't understand? That particular bit literally seems like a copy paste thing? Seems like the least worrisome aspect of the rune. By that logic, no equipment works on just old code.

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's the fact that the programmer has to go in and copy paste it. It's the act of making the effort itself that is a no no here. If it requires an effort of the part of a programmer it's essentially, "new code".

There are 3 main reasons for no new code this expansion.

1. It proves the players can provide quality interactions with existing code.
    2. To speed of the development cycle by not having to tinker with code.
    3. (Probably), To not have to involve programmers which would speed up the production, and lower costs.

With someone having to be involved to mess with the code, even if it is a simple copy/paste, it violates 2. if not 3.

Edit: 4. To let players get a better appreciation of the development process.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  4. Sirius

I'm pretty sure this applies to any equipment though, even if it adds a keyword ability. It's definitely the case for spells, I remember reading that earlier in the thread. And the rules don't just allow old abilities, they also allow old mechanics. A few have already been used. Why would that rule exist if even a simple copy paste of an existing mechanic is a "no no".

Anyway, maybe it's best for Sokolov to clarify, in case that's necessary.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Oh I could very well be wrong. That's not out of the question. I was just warning you about the possibility that your equipment may not be considered incase you wanted to tinker with it before Sok finalizes the choices this weekend. An I agree; having Sok clarify would help immensely.

6. Sirius

Yeah, but even if I tinkered with it, I don't believe I could for example make an equipment that supports electricity theme without the faction clause AND still keep it relevant for both factions. I thought about it, that's how it started, but it always seemed to favor 1 faction significantly more.

So yeah, I appreciate the warning, but idk how such an equipment could even be made without that separation clause, it's beyond my skill. So it's likely that it either works like this or not at all.

Of course, it could also be that someone else can think of a simpler way to support the split theme AND the individual factions somewhat more equally.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This makes more sense as a Chirai.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This type of thing is fine, as long as the differences are parameters.

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Flamespout

Art: A low, unassuming cone well-hidden on the swamp floor, a wisp of smoke rising from it, with a very dead and burned something next to it

Text: The flamespouts that spot the ground of the swamp in many places are renowned for their ability to strike at the most unforeseen time, but particulary, for some reason, when there are rodents of unusual size nearby.

Relic
    Faction: FS

Abilities:
    Flame Thrower
    Instability

Cost: 40 nora
    HP: 15

10. Boozha

Firk Mindmelder

Art: A trio of firk marches along battle-ready, the outer ones connected to the central one by a psychic connection. The middle one has a far more striking visual effect, apparently becuase he is the source of the effect.

Artist: Jakub Kasper

Text: Gathering and redistributing the psychic energies around them, the Mindmelders are able to increase the potency of a combat group well beyond their number.

Race: Firk
    Class: Monk/Mage/Priest (one of those)
    Size: 1x1

DMG: 8
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 2-4
    DEF: 2
    HP: 40

Abilities:
    Attack: Psychic
    Amphibious
    Depression
    Shroud

Upgrades 1:
    Weaken Spells
    Defender 3
    Cleansing Aura

Upgrades 2:
    Reduce Magic
    Psychic Ping 1
    Empathy

Designed to enable a bit of phalanx play with Firk.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Death Nova: spiderlings was a cool ability but is now only a unchosen upgrade on broodmother. I adapted this from something I posted in rune ideas, so that it now has no new abilities:

Nefari Incubator

Race: Demon, Elf, Arthropod, mutant

Art shows a nefari, but hulking and mutated with spider features.

[​IMG]

"Though she has distanced herself from their society, many Nefari still regard K'lzik as a hero and come to pay homage. They rarely leave her nest quite the same."

Cost: about 45 with SL 2
    Rng: 1, dam 13, spd 6, def 0, HP 48, Size 2x2

Att. Physical
    Death Nova Spiderlings
    creep and crawl

upgrade 1 : Short Lived 1, Short Lived 2, equalise
    Upgrade 2: Death nova poison 3, death nova acid 3, bile explosion

A kamikaze champ, much in the style of some FW champs (bezerkers, revenants, biles) - which seems to work well to UD flavour. The main interaction is death spawn+short lived.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Love it. The flavor is ominous, and remind me of an area in Dark Souls.

13. Sirius

Regarding the Tar Shark, I think it's a real shame it can't actually walk on tar. There's no Tarwalker, Tar Front or Trail: Tar in the game, but there is Mountaineer. Perhaps it could be added as the 3rd upgrade on U2? I admit I'm not sure about the balance aspects of that, though.

14. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Ok since their still arn't any legend runes on the doc why not make it Maljara themed? by this I mean release all the epic runes from maljar lore.

Mangleshell's ship the Rotmaw

KF/SL
    Nora cost: 120
    HP: 65
    DEF: 3
    DMG: 14
    SPD: 4
    RNG: 5-7

base:
    Transport (15 nora)
    Unload (0 nora)
    Amphibious (1 nora)
    deep dive (10 nora)
    Soul trapper (8 nora)
    attack physical (2 nora)

upgrade set 1:
    viloence charged rank 1 (4 nora)
    attack charged rank 3 (6nora)

upgrade set 2:
    regen rank 3 (7 nora)
    spontaneous regeneration (14 nora)

Tremir Craghide's ship the Gygurnaut

KF/FS
    Nora cost: 120
    HP: 65
    DMG: 16
    SPD: 4
    RNG: 5-7

base:
    Transport (15 nora)
    Unload (0 nora)
    Amphibious (1 nora)
    deep dive (10 nora)
    attack physical (2 nora)
    sentinal (8 nora)

upgrade set 1:
    Cleasening Aurua (10 nora)
    Helaing breath Rank 2 ( 14 nora)

upgrade set 2:
    regen rank 3 (7 nora)
    spontaneous regeneration (14 nora)

15. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Literally just remembered how long i've wanted Kanen to have a summoner type to add more mooks to their ranks. Little unsure on how the Kanen hierarchy works with Crone's but wild dogs or wolves will generally have an alpha pair who do the breeding so that's the kind of idea that i was going for.

Nursing Crone

SP/SL Champ, 1x1, Kanen, Shaman

Dmg: 8
    Spd: 5
    Rng: 4-5
    Def: 0
    HP: 40

Base
    Attack: Sonic
    Pack Leader - I would totally understand removing this or reducing range to prevent too much ranged Pack Leader bullshit in Kanen bgs.
    Swarm: Kanen Mongrel - Originally wanted this to be Summon: Kanen Mongrel but was unsure if it would be a new ability or not.

U1
    Boost
    Shroud
    Drive

U2
    Cleansing Aura
    Heal Mass 1
    Heal Mass 2

IMAGIRL, Woffleet and Qucas like this.
  16. Boozha

Forglar Oversoul

Race: Spirit/Demigod (One of those)
    Class: None
    Size: 1x1

Art: Similar to soulsphere, but moving instead of standing still, with souls emanating from and arriving at it.

Text: Sharing the pain diminished it, until they hardly noticed their wounds anymore.

DMG: 4
    SPD: 5
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 1
    HP: 42

Abilities:
    Attack: Magical
    Soulsphere (Soulsphere in ability form, not sure if this falls under the "new abilities" rule)
    Regeneration 2
    Bubble

Upgrades 1:
    Empathy
    Enduring Aura 2
    Enduring Aura 3

Upgrades 2:
    Grant: Evasive
    Regeneration 3
    Evasive 3

(This might be horribly OP ... But fun!)

IMAGIRL likes this.
  17. Boozha

Snaptooth Soulgutter

Race: Snaptooth
    Class: Shaman
    Size: 2x2

Art 1: A giant, overgrown snaptooth lies in wait, obscured by water and vegetation.

Art 2: A giant, overgrown snaptooth sucks the living soul out of some luckless demon, crushing him between his massive jaws in the meantime.

Text: As demons return to Sheoul upon death, they advance with an astounding lack of fear. Until they meet something that can devour their souls, anyway.

ATK: 0
    RNG: 1-2
    HP: 45

Abilities:
    Amphibious
    Soulstrike
    Murkwater Frenzy
    Phase Shift

Upgrades 1:
    Still Life
    Scale Armor
    Tough 2

Upgrades 2:
    Unstoppable
    Siphoning Aura
    Crushing Charge

Qucas likes this.
  18. Boozha

Fentek Surger

Race: Mirefolk (Fentek)
    Class: Shaman
    Size: 1x1 (though 2x2 would also be kinda fun, maybe?)

Art: A Fentek duels a Kanen (or something) on the shore of a lake; the Fentek is raising his staff, and the lake is actively trying to drown the enemy.

Text: Something something dark side, something something complete.

DMG: 7
    RNG: 2-3
    DEF: 1
    HP: 35

Abilties:
    Amphibious
    Ripples
    Tidal Wave

Upgrades 1:
    Hydrate
    Water Vortex
    Trail: Water

Upgrades 2:
    Regeneration 2
    Tempo
    Water Front

19. Boozha

Draught of Demise

Equipment

Art: A wooden cup with a vile green concoction inside, with sparks of magic flying about.

Text: No place brought forth poisons as terrible, as deadly and as fascinating as the Forglar Swamp did.

The equipped champion gains poison charge, poison aura 3 and vulnerability: poison.

Cost: some 30 nora?

A bit of a multifaceted one - you can give an enemy vulnerability, but it will cost you 30 nora, or you can give one of your champs one good frontline ability, but the backline ability will be a sandbag, or vice versa. Dunno, I found it interesting.

20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Komodo Barrier(SL)

Faction: SL
    Race: Dragon, Beast
    Class: ??
    Size: 2x2

Art: A Komodo is an orange 4 legged dragon-beast, its head is flat (like a lizard), they carry big shield generators on their backs, The Komodo Barrier should look like this beast from Star Wars:
    *Im sorry for the large image, i dont know how to rezize it.
    [​IMG]

Text: Only few have seen the full deployment of the armed forces of the Sundered Land's empire, and those who did had their life spared to tell the tale of their power and siege beast imbued with their technology. A proud nation born to conquer, born to war.

DMG: 4
    SPD: 7
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 2
    HP: 38

Base Abilties:
    [​IMG] Bubble (10) instead of [​IMG] Dreamstate (10)
    [​IMG] Lumbering (-18)
    [​IMG] Logistic: Force Barrier (5) instead of [​IMG] Force Barrier 1 (6)

Upgrade Path 1:
    Mindslicer Obelisk (30 nora?)
    Anchoring Force (10 +-)
    [​IMG] Shrinking Gaze (14) ---> its the Komodo's "insignia ability"

Other Options for UP1:
    [​IMG] Punishing Aura (12)
    [​IMG] Rebuke 4 (4)
    [​IMG] Bestow (2)
    Skywing Beacon (the ability of the relic to deploy adhacent)

Upgrade Path 2:
    [​IMG] Weaken Spells (8)
    [​IMG] Nexus Aura (6)
    [​IMG] Restrict (5)

I'm edditing this champ based on Xirone feedback, changing Dreamstate for Bubble as the "shielding" ability.

Does "Bestow" as an ability transfer itself if its in the first upgrade path? that would be fun

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.