Lets Have a Discussion: Skeletons

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Mar 9, 2015.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Getting tired... no rest for the weary

Skeletons are in a weird place right now as they are the theme that has relied a lot on boost which has hit a number of nerfs and will be effected by the consolidation of those types of abilities.

If the 'boosting' theme is to be salvaged then a number of skeletons would need the new versions of boost, commander, Defender, and possibly foment. This is due to skelly summons being the worst (except maybe carrionling).

The theme itself has a plethora of champions and options and mostly could use some cleanup.

General ideas: (update periodically)

1) Bone wing - rework

2) Revenant - blah

3) Undead Magister

4) Skeletal Raider

5) Decayed mercenary / Bonegaurd Infantry (more defined)

6) Broken Bones

7) Skeletal lerper?

8) Xulos Undead Sage could use streamlining

9) Snuff - add skeleton clause... I mean really it has a skeletal berserker in the art and animation...come on.

Theme Direction Ideas: (updated periodically)

1) Possibly with removal of boon we could work something as a replacement on some of the champs. splintering on SOME champs but not all.

2) With the decrease in boost we could add more bulwark/surge to the mix. Skeleton upgrades would basically be a combination of either a new boo sty/ summons / surge / bulwark.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Netherzen likes this.
  2. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Add spectral emmi and hoarfrost to the list (although i thought they would make phylactary bound cheaper). Cant we give skellies something like bulwark?

3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I'd like them to have evasive, they don't have a single counter to range and the summons are just easy targets for ranged units. I think it would be quite flavourful too, all the arrows are going to go through the holes!

4. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Hi,

Skelies needs a racial like this:

Necromancer servant: whenever this unit is near (4~6 sqm) a champion with class: Necromancer this unit gains Iron Will and Fury.

*New class: Necromancer.

Necromancer champions:

-Tomb Lord
    -Xulos
    -Tormented Priest (Priest AND Necromancer)
    -Mysian Necromancer
    -Serkan
    -Necromancer (herp derp)

Necromancer units won't gain this racial.

What you guys think?

5. Djangoguy

Hey Banchi,

I think is just you that like the Splintering i
    dea, lol.

6. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Skeletons dont have enough to play like a theme.The boost is being toned down and reworked,surge is just some minor lazy synergy.
    They need something to hold them toghther as a theme.

7. Djangoguy

Hi,

New relic for skelies/death benefit:

Tower of Sauron Serkan
    "Even his look is sufficient to invigorate the undead."

Whenever a real champion dies in 8 spaces of this unit, a summoned Risen Warrior over your control is spawned instead of a nora globe.

What you guys think?

inb4: OP

8. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I like the Splintering idea, but also copying this over from an earlier thread:

9. Djangoguy

Hi,

It is nice looking, but those Bone Piles will spawm from where? From who?

If it spawns when a Skeleton is hit by splintering I'd run Vamps with Bleed which is more theme likely.
    All we have on Skelies threads is a revamp of already existed playstyles (stitched and vampyres, mostly).

The playstyle of skelies is:
    *spawn lesser summons to buff Surge: Skeleton units
    -OR-
    *spawn lesser summons to buff Surge: Skeleton units

There is no alternative playstyle. Sadly, they are Latched Onto boost stuff (which is being nerfed).
    What I think about skelies on current Pox state? They won't work unless all skeles got MUCH love from Devs.
    There is A LOT of feedback on forums about undead guys, and no one cares.

Sorry for this rage, bye!

10. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

For the love of Xulos give bonewing range 4, remove flying and add running start.
    Bonewing was my favorite rune before the revamp, the art and the tools that he had were amazing, it was the first legendary i got in the game, seeing it like this makes me :(.

11. potatonuts

His flavour text makes him sounds like some kind of assassin, though in game he seems to just fly around boosting stuff and doing mediocre damage. I'd like to see him lose boost and rebuke with some better stats and combat abilities in return. Preparation would be a cool ability on him, could also swap elusive for evasive to reduce the cost.

12. D4rkSteel

Why do you always say "hi" and "bye" + a different color? Are you trying to be different or whats the point?

13. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

We are very accepting and open in Wastes.Let your fellow corpse expresses himself as he wants.

14. D4rkSteel

Fine.

Netherzen likes this.
  15. Djangoguy

Hi,

Bonewing, should not be a assassin as you guys are saying, read his flavour text, he is a monster made purely of fear,
    I'd like to see him without the boost upgrade line but with this:

Upgrade Path 1#
    Punishing Aura
    Horrific Aura
    Terrorize *base*

Upgrade Path 2#
    Dread
    Frightful Blows
    Frightful Aura *base*

What you guys think?

16. potatonuts

That was kind of the point behind him being an assassin, he uses fear to gain an advantage before striking. I like the idea of skeletons having frightful aura, anything to keep the little blighters from getting one shot.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Be careful with Frightful Aura. It's a stacking defense boost/damage debuff combo, with better range than Defender.

18. Djangoguy

Does Frightful Aura stacks? This is new to me.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yes. It is suitably terrifying.

Uruboz, Netherzen and Djangoguy like this.
  20. Djangoguy

Urgh,

Even Aura stacking I don't see where Bonewing could be considered good out of skeleletons, as we lost some of the Dread champs.
    Maybe on zombies?