Lets Have a Discussion: Spirits

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Mar 8, 2015.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

What's up with Spirits and how should we handle the looming changes to ethereal and removal of boon?

Spirits right now crutch pretty damn heavily on Haunting spirit, doom, and stealthy goodness from in substantiate.

Doom and Ethereal are both slated for possible/probable adjustments which will leave spirits as a mish mash of slow yucky champs with a smattering of surge.

General Ideas: (update periodically)

1) Phase shift to 0 ap requirement. This allows more ap to be spent on attacks or movement prior to shifting. This basically becomes like turtle but you can move in exchange for only half the defenses and shorter cool down.

2) slight nora decrease on vaporize and ethereal.

3) Bring Haunting Spirit / Disturbed spirit into line so that they are both similar and playable for the same slot. Also to help with accessibility.

4)collection of souls

5) Ravenwraith

6) Soulrender

7) Defiler Knight

8) Dark Messenger

9) Aspect of Death

Theme Direction Ideas: (update periodically)

1) Focus units more towards Soul Channeling, Soul Tap, Soul Feast, Soul Sift interactions.
    For the love of god remove soul tap from melee units that have soul channeling (cough Utterdark Soulrender Cough). The idea would be to slowly attrition through nora efficiency/leekage.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Netherzen likes this.
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Whats the point of this discussion when it will be ignored and not one change will make it thru,like every other past discussion on the fw forums regarding anything but minor buffs to certain champions/interactions.

Anytime you mention something in fw getting buffed,you end up being called a zealot along with everyone agreeing that the buff will utterly break the game.

3. yobanchi

If you don't want to discuss this that's fine but some feedback is better then no feedback.
    The devs do listen as evident in the changes made to the Elsari Tomb Raider.
    They want you to be happy, yes there will be growing pains.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Aspect of Death might need a rework. It has been made clear the death kneel is frowned upon.

IMAGIRL and D4rkSteel like this.
  5. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

He even got a ninja nerf by making death charge more expensive

6. Netherzen

I think Elsari Raider was changed because its a legendary midterm that got a lot of negative feedback and they need to earn money on it.I predict with my magic powers that this will probably be pointless,and if sok actualy listens,people will just come to nerfcry.
    But you are right,no point in whining,so il stop at this point and be constructive.
    I would like to see spirit get more soultap effects as well,and possibly more interaction with dmz/hex and maybe some relocation effects(because they are slow/most melee).
    Since they got a lot of stealth i would also like to see some traps in spirits,but i am not sure how to add that to spirits.

7. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Blood Banshee
    Move to 100% Vampyre – What does she bring to the Spirits?

Defiler Knight
    Drop Cast: Ghostly Visage – there is a 30 nora drop
    Add Phase Shift +6 nora or Vaporize +9​

Experimental Warspirit
    Move Distichous: KF/FW to path 1​

Shadestriker
    Soultap and backlash off the same Path​

Utterdark Soulrender
    Drop Surge Lich
    Add Detection 2​

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Uruboz likes this.
  8. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

and drop soul tap on soulrender!

9. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Hi,

Drop 5 turns from soultap and lower his nora cost by 3 -- BOOM-- we have a racial from spirits.

Another nice looking change is replace Surge: Spirit for DoTs. I'd love to see more ranged spirits with DoTs and melee spirits with auras.

Edit1:
    Shadestriker > Jolt rank 3 (10/10 would like the +2 nora increase);
    Whisperghast > Chill rank 3 (10/10 would like the +2 nora increase);
    Soulrender > Magical Aura 3 instead of soul channeling;
    And so on.

What you guys think about it?

Uruboz likes this.
  10. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Be careful about removing Soultap from a bunch of melee champs. Soul Channeling causes Soultapped 3 while Soultap applies Soultapped 10. The different in duration needs to be addressed in some way.

Uruboz likes this.
  11. Djangoguy

Hi,

Soul Channeling is a useless skill as you don't gain the hp/soultap effect right away. The only FW (soultap effect should not have left FW, at first) champion with it is Soulrender, who really sucks as his abilites costs too much for nothing.

I miss the old utterdark spirits, Planeshift with Attack: Loss of Life, Soulrender with 7 speed, Voidhowler being a must on any BG, Fadewhisp with multiattack, Attack: Charged AND poison rank 3. Really miss the old times of FW.

Uruboz likes this.
  12. Darkorona

Darkorona The King of Potatoes

Im afraid if incorporeal does get nerfed spirits will need a rework since they rely so much on defensive phase shifting/ethereal and stealth ..

13. Djangoguy

You might be right, does Sok revealed where he wants Incorporeal to go?

Maybe with Vulnerability: Magical and adding the possibility for incorporeal champs to attack might be good, what you think?

14. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

Incorporeal takes 50% reduced dmg from all sources/types beside magical

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i soughta like the whole death benefit thing of spirits (soul linked and vengance[which used to be more common]) but i'd like more soul tap interactions, maybe a champ that's able to debuff soultapped champs, as well as more soul feast and soul channelers (make this ability cheaper). change soulrender into a tank for the love of god. wouldnt mind soulseeker being a bit more common. (maybe on 2-3 champs instead of the 1 pretty meh champ) make it so that backlash doesnt share the path with soul tap. and dont wanna see the stealth/incorporeal theme go away either though and i overall disagree with the nerf to incorporeal.

Last thing swap upgrades on haunting spirit, make soul channeling base and sonic aura on upgrade so that way haunting grip causes soul tap allowing for more interactions

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

and one more thing give at least 1 champ an interaction with spell cooldowns (or refunds) to make depths of despair more viable

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The spirits playstyle I've seen recently of a few, furtive units cycling in and out of stealth and incorp, then backed up by a wide spell set is neato -- would love more of that. Makes them have a ghostly board presence but filled with spooky magic.

18. yobanchi

The Backlash + Soultap will be a bomb-0 not a comb0 after the next fix.

Luckily most are on upgrade.

If spirits are oriented more towards soul tap / nora gen those upgrades will be oriented more towards meta foodstuff or the anti spirit build

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

0 AP Phase Shift would be both awesome and nuts.

20. Netherzen

It would also buff Snaptooth champions.