Let's make a list of the super undercosted champions since the last patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reskk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. reskk

reskk Member

49 nora Grobble Rock Eater

Almost every titan.

69 nora Frostfall Vanguard

65 nora Voil Stormflyer

66 Nora Cyclops Hurler

77 nora Mosharn

69 nora Klub

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

All three sp heroes are on that list

reskk and gillo like this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Harbs are probably a touch too cheap.

Grimlic is a tad too efficient.

Abbysal Fiend got cheaper, which wasn't needed at all.

Bok Raider is probably too cheap as well.

Fire Giant is still a bit crazy.

4. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Forest giant, colossal boa, drudge cyclops, cyclops mauler, cyclops hauler, (especially with tribal hut, which gives sibling to the previous 3 cyclops). Akakios, thirion, zeven, pit dragon, nefari dragon, bok raider, condor fury, kf angel, vex,vinny,Menelaus/grimthir, stitched monolith.... And as I am typing from my phone, is have to look.

These are just from memory and what I've been building bgs out of. It's a pretty big list

reskk likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Waiting for SL champs to make it to this list

If you meant that 9 damage akakios, jokes

6. st3ck

Scale armor, that hp, fixed damage abilities, solid for cost, extremely strong with heralds out.

7. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Did you just lose to UD?

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

No, I play UD.

reskk, Sirius, Lauremoon and 3 others like this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You mean those 80 nora heralds? The ones that are so far down the box they're touching the bottom.

Fixed damage ability, there's one. Otherwise you need to run it at 93 nora which is a complete joke. It's a costy meatshield with mediocre damage at best and no regeneration.

Resilient Skeezick is almost as tanky, has loads more damage, regens and costs less. Please, 80 nora full tanks in SL will never be a thing.

10. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

can't forget about all the treefolks

11. st3ck

It's better than it was, and with all the fire you can get going, you get some pretty nice Nora returns, probably doesn't belong in the op list, but I am personally much happier with akakios.

If herald went to the low 70s somewhere, we would be golden

12. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

No mention of 84 Nora Icesnap? Because that is huh-larious.

Also gotta mention 86 Nora Juya (skipping out on Piercing Shot upgrades), 94 Nora Grimlic, and some of the other Heroes that lost 15-20 Nora.

Is Polluted Martyr still 68 Nora with Soulsift 2? Because that's gotta get fixed.

Think Redcaps could still use a tap at 61.

All I got for now.

reskk likes this.
  13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Good thread. It'll also help identify some commonalities here too with their stat structures or shared abilities.

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

As mentioned in another thread, Skeezick Sniper (minimum of 33 nora).
    It still doesn't do anything though, so there is that...

15. st3ck

Falconer is at 55 now with domain and detection 1, so that was a 2 nora decrease . . .

I'm also currently running 57 nora Clops Wardrummers. 48 Nora Drudg Clops, 55 nora Clops Maulers, 50 nora Seer, OH YEA, Jyx is 64 nora and is pretty fun, Elven Archer at 62, Nefari Gaurdian at 59/60 is also very very strong.

The vothsairs may see some more play, but I dunno, they aren't quite on the level of some of the other stuff I'm bumping into. Mainly alot of dragons/titans and cyclops.

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The point of the thread is to mention the "super undercosted" ones, as in blatant offenders. If you can discuss about it so much instead of it being quite obvious, then it's not really super undercosted, right? It's rather a case of more minor tweaking.

17. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Pit Dragon! (68 default cost),
    Bok Raider (she's not as bad as others but she seems too cheap; I take her with rank 3 Flamestrike and Rank 2 Initiative at 74 cost and regret nothing; with full upgrades, I'd most likely still pay 80 for her),
    Aspect of Violence (default 79),
    Draksar Shifter (79 with most expensive upgrades),
    Kanen Slipped!! (68 most expensive upgrades),
    likely Myx Adamant (68 most expensive; no one's gonna take Adaptive SL AND make him costlier imo, so 66),
    Sunder Hellion (69 default; this one is uninteresting even when OP; might be nice if Territorial gave less/no raw stats and granted Swoop instead, imo),
    Vex (87 default).

EDIT: There's something I wanna note here. A champion may sometimes have great stats for cost and still be considered pretty bad or overlooked due to how much it "interacts" with the rest of the units/the board. For example, overefficient but slow tanky champions like Myx Adamant are less likely to bother people at first than Bok Raider or Kanen Slipped.

18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

SL heroes should be on the 90-100 nora line.
    Aspect of Violence since it cant have scale armor+lifesyphon it cant cost more than 90(which was prerevamp)
    Shifter should be around 85.
    i like that hellion change

19. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

IS -Brutality Barbarian is... brutal. Been seeing a lot of him lately, and IS in general. I don't mind IS being buffed; it needed it, but some of the stuff they have going on now is stupid.
    SL -Dreadnought: Even at 100+ nora, he's still awesome. When he was 136 or whatever before the recent cost adjustment, I -still- had him in my SL dragons. He's just got that much going for him.
    UD/FW -Stitched Monolith: he was undercosted at 75. He's nuts at 66.
    FW -Elsari Magelord: With pain curse down to a 2 turn timer, he's incredibly good at 75 nora.
    SL -Serpentor Paradigm: Big nerfs in the revamp, but still undercosted.
    KF/ST -Elven Ancestor: Not sure what it is about this rune; she doesn't look that great on paper, but damned if it doesn't give huge problems every time it's deployed.
    SP - Dirge and Sceian look undercosted too, but I will add the caveat that I haven't played any SP besides Kanen this week, and haven't faced any SP besides moga, and I beat that guy before Dirge saw play.

In general, I've been seeing almost exclusively IS and KF in ranked (probably like 45% IS 35% KF 20% everything else combined) and I've been playing a lot of ranked since being off work this week. I saw one poor soul try to use mogas against me, and that ended very poorly for them. (it was the most one-sided ranked win I had all week, and I'm not even very good at this game) I don't think I've seen any ST (unless you count elven ancestors x2 in everyone's KF) and I've seen a little SL, kanens and dragons once each. (and used kanens myself, despite their heavy nerfing) I've used a lot of UD and FW, but seen very few others use it, and nobody using them has beat me this week that I can recall. I've won a few games with my FW/UD life siphon, despite the greater vampirism bugs, but with the exception of vampires it's been nerfed extremely hard.

I can't really point to very many single offenders in IS or KF, so I don't know what the deal is, but if I were to check my win/loss this week, I'm pretty sure I won almost every game I didn't face them, and lost almost every one I did, and I was using about five different battlegroups, so it likely wasn't bad matchups. (or at least not all of them were)

20. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

tusk is like 25nora for 50or something nuts.