Lets make an ability together: Captain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EnigmaXIII, Apr 11, 2016.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Captain (x nora)
    Friendly champions that share a class with this one gain its upgrade abilities.

Explanation
    My thinking is we could have this ability on exotic or legendary named champions that have a deck limit of 1. There would not be many captains per class. At most there would be 2. You would obviously have to be careful about what upgrade abilities you put on them to maintain balance. The abilities should reflect the class. For example, you would not give priests a rank of pummel or barrage. You may give them something like illuminate or empathy.

What role does it fill?
    - There is very little motivation to make class based BGs. Rangers and Wizards have seen some play, however, they are not currently super competitive. I feel they just need a little push.
    - Most thematic abilities in this game are pretty boring. They usually grant stats (Boost grants health, Commander grants damage, Defender grants defense). I find synergies that revolve around passive and active abilities much more interesting.
    - Race based abilities are much more common than class based abilities. Commander, boost, and defender are shared. However, there is also camaraderie, herder abilities, violent, and many others. I think classes are on of few untapped reservoirs in pox.

Alternatives
    - Having the abilities apply on deploy effects, in which case, the abilities gained can either be permanent or temporary (like battle harden).
    - Having the abilities limited in range rather than global (i.e. friendly champs within 5 spaces).

Gnomes likes this.
  2. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I like this idea alott, but the upgrade abilites have to be toned down somthing like resist rank1-2, strike or the likes

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Please no more abilities... no more

Lushiris likes this.
  4. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Agreed :). At least if it stays the way it is. I posted some alternative options, which may allow for stronger abilities to be ran. Like for wizards to have teleport, or rogues to get heart strike.

And dont forget, there would likely only be 1 Captain per class. The idea was that the captains would have a deck limit of 1. That way you would only have to kill 1 rune to offset the effect.

5. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

BYE FELICIA

EnigmaXIII likes this.