Let's Revamp DOTs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Weary, Enflame, Burred. I'm not sure about Inhibited either, since it has just been removed so putting it back wouldn't make much sense.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

This is too broken. The ideas are unique and creative, I like it, but we need is balance.

Goyo likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

itd be nice if this happened but it probably wont, lol. we've been waiting for the fw faction bonus to change for over a year now.

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The ability "True Nature" applys "Confused" condition, just found out

5. Lushiris

Only for the attack though, it doesn't really give the condition to the target.

6. Kampel

Oh so the way it works is that the attack "ignores" upgrade abilities, do not remove them?

7. Lushiris

Exactly. So if your champion has evasive as an upgrade, Plainswalker is going to deal damage as if it didn't. Same with absorb, he shouldn't trigger it.

8. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

I firking love this! Weary Poison and Trauma are great!

newsbuff likes this.
  9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

How do you know they're imbalanced if they aren't costed yet? And furthermore the Magic and Psychic DOTs/Secondary effects aren't even on any champs yet - for all you know, they're on squishies, or expensive relics or something. I agree they need to be balanced, but that wasn't really the goal of this thread - only to propose concepts.

10. Phynixe

1. It'll put a few runes to ruin, because if these ability turn out to be cheaper than I assume they're going to be, the game'll be broken and we'll be seeing a ton of nerf patches.
    2. They removed the secondary DoT effects for a reason.
    3. DoTs aren't that hard to apply due to spells and high ranged units. (Especially the Psychic one, throwing wandering off just like that, Psychics are already strong, this'll just break them.)
    4. The secondary effects already have specific costs, but putting that onto units at a higher/lower price is just weird. This is just like Ready and Opportunistic now.

I know you're proposing concepts, and like I said, they're creative and unique, but you still have to keep in mind the balance. The game is already broken; cost adjusting doesn't really balance the game if the abilities are broken.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Psychic Anguish is pretty much a Psychic DoT secondary effect. But yeah Wandering from DoT for 3 turns would be so OP. There's a reason why Hallucinogenic got nerfed.

12. Kampel

[​IMG]Guilty Trauma
    Units that become Traumatized also become Merciful for 2 turns.

The idea is that your trauma weakens your warrior mind by increasing your remorse so you cant finish off the enemy

13. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

What about ponderous?

Kampel likes this.
  14. Kampel

[​IMG]Depressing Trauma
    Units that become Traumatized also become Depressed for 2 turns.
    *Traumatic experience and you get depressed, might be op because its AoE

[​IMG]Frightening Trauma
    Units that become Traumatized also become Frightened for 2 turns.
    *Same as above but not AoE

[​IMG]Numbing Trauma
    Units that become Traumatized also become Weighty for 2 turns.
    *You are so firktup mentally that you cant even run properly

[​IMG]Risking Trauma
    Units that become Traumatized also become Reckless or Careless for 2 turns.
    *When traumatized you are not able to measure risks or you dont care about them

15. Kampel

[​IMG]Burdening Trauma
    Units that become Traumatized also become Ponderous for 2 turns.

I like it

newsbuff likes this.
  16. Phynixe

I don't see the point of "If this unit becomes X, then it become Y." That's like telling a man who's looking for a gas station to take the following directions on a main road: "Take a left, go straight, take a right, go straight and you're there." If you look at that logically, you could've simply told the man to go straight. If you want the champion to be frightened off an attack, then give it frightful blows. There's no reason to create a DoT that does so. DoTs are there to provide extra damage, over time, and I think their role should be maintained. There's no reason to break the game with a new function.

17. Kampel

Thats not the point, people use Spark Crone in Curse decks thanks to "Spark Curse", thats the idea behind this abilities, to enable split themes based on DoTs.

Joker and newsbuff like this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Somebody call doubtofbuddha! These people are trying to buff splits.

19. Kampel

Not to buff splits Dx, devs are supposed to give this abilities to champs in factions that do not have that many dot type sources, so players make split decks around that ability with factions that one would not think to pick for that.

For example "Weary Poison" in SL, FF SL Poison is not strong at all but players might comeup a split SL/FS Arthropods/poison, for example

20. Lushiris

Wearying a bunch of enemies whenever they take damage from a Poison Cloud just doesn't sound ok to me.