Lets talk Vampyres

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Nea, Jul 2, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Some good stuff in here.

What are people's thoughts on the vampyres that need fixing?
    Blood Banshee (should she even be vampyre/spirit related? What does it bring to vamps? Should it be Blood Witch vamp/witch instead to mesh better with DMZ? )
    Seeker of blood (like the idea of him going to range 1)
    Bloodbinder count (what do people think of making him range 1 and giving him more anti-wizard ability? like spellswaller, foe wizard, or the like?)
    Dark Enchantress (Archfiend basically does everything she does but better and more combat relevant.)

The other vamps seem to be doing fine.

2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

What are people's thoughts on the vampyres that need fixing?
    Blood Banshee (should she even be vampyre/spirit related? What does it bring to vamps? Should it be Blood Witch vamp/witch instead to mesh better with DMZ? )
    She is a good Font contester with domain or hidden DMZ as well as fascinate to get them closer (Hint: have Banshee near a chasm and fascinate will pull opponents champ into chasm)
    Seeker of blood (like the idea of him going to range 1)
    Needs range 1-3 back again
    Bloodbinder count (what do people think of making him range 1 and giving him more anti-wizard ability? like spellswaller, foe wizard, or the like?)
    To tell you the truth he doesn't bring much to the table just 1 of the cheapest with some range vamp no real staying power for a green border champ. not sure what would be good to make him better.
    Dark Enchantress (Archfiend basically does everything she does but better and more combat relevant.)
    Possibly make her a more "utility" type add detection, shatter. relocate relic would be a good add
    The other vamps seem to be doing fine

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I would LOVE for her to lose the Blood part of the name and her vampire race. Inducting her into Witches is imo not needed, but the Coven would welcome her is she drops by ;)

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

She's definitely a challenge rune as far as flavor themes go.
    Her rune art definitely gives off more of a witch/vampyre feel while the sprite gives a spirit vibe (possibly some witch).
    Can vampires afford to lose a vamp and have this go right to spirit (or spirit witch)?
    Perhaps I'm overthinking it but she does bother me a bit still as far as where she fits in.

5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I think if the Seeker went to 1 range then we'd need more range on others. I hold to my suggestion for the Enchantress becoming ranged to make up for this (see page 1). The idea behind her hasn't worked for years and I just don't think it's viable.

Count is tricky as his abilities scream melee but his stats scream ranged. I would personally like him to stay ranged and for the bloodbind ability to proc from bloodied rather than DMZ and read something like "Enemies within 2 spaces of target vampyre become paralyzed for 2 turns if they are bloodied" with a range of 5 or 6. That way he can be ranged and uses other vampyres to trigger bloodbind, circumventing his need to go into melee.

I would also prefer the Banshee to lose the "Blood" prefix. Tbh the Domain makes her good for both spirits and witches. But she is far more thematically a spirit.

6. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Seeker having range 1-3 would be perfect with relocate+bleed.

I'm not sure what to think about Demonvein, nerfs were in order, I love the concept but he feels really meh now. I was thinking that giving him Ally: FW (Elven Ancestor is a precendence here) would solve his hp issues early game, and would ensure he sees more play in FF FW or splits rather than FF UD, which is actually what I'd like him to be.

As far as cheap meat and support is concerned, it might be cool to have a (living) human with an ability to drop blood balls at cost of hp, or give nearby friendly vamps (and demons :V) Drain 1 (Drain does vampiric healing now too). Basically a "cattle" champion. Could get something conditional like: when X happens Y times, gain race: undead, vampyre, BotU and Siphon/Bleed.

mahesar and BansheeX like this.
  7. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I was just thinking the same thing, Nea. Thralls, humans that sacrifice their hp to buff Vampyres. They would be cheap and hard to keep alive, but they might have a condition by which they gain the vamypric qualities. Maybe not all of them, but it would be interesting for a few to gain the curse. Mostly, though, it would be cheap fodder to assist the expensive vamps. A semi-traditional FW setup with its own unique spin.

8. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Quick note on Greater Vampirism - I'm actually thinking now it would be best if it stayed at 50%. It's pretty potent as is when you compare it to sources of amplify healing, might get a lil nora drop if it remains "unfixed" on purpose (15 to 12?). Basically, I'd like to avoid a situation where deploying Elder Bloodbinder either makes or breaks the whole theme.

GabrielQ likes this.
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

keep greater vamp low, add it to another champ, and increase the range of the totem

10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I love this idea.
    The minor vampires/Thralls from Vampyres art would also be a potential cheap champion for vampires.

11. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

I like the idea of blood donor minion(s) able to lose life to spawn some bloodballs. We already have a relic with the perfect ability, we just need it on something more mobile. :) (Demon's Thirst [This unit loses 5hp and a blood globe worth 8hp spawns on each adjacent square.] On the Griefbearer's Fountain.)

What about something with suitably low hp and maybe defenseless, if they're supposed to be mindless thralls, or something like bodyguard that only works with vamps maybe if they're more loyal followers hoping to be turned? (At least lore wise, letting them become vamps would be unnecessary and rocket the nora cost.)

12. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Aye, that was actually my initial idea, but after thinking it through it would probably be OP with 4 blood ball. Fountain is 30 nora, and while it also grants motivate, it has 10 hp which means you get to use it twice before it gets destroyed. If that was on a champion with say 40ish hp, that would grant you 8+ uses, which would warrant nora cost near 80s. Another thing is - given the champion is human and has no disease immunity, it would have to take damage after using the ability or wait for a vamp/demon to clear a path for it where it wants to move. This can be fixed by making an ability which drops a single blood ball on target adjacent space, or doing something like what I've mentioned with Drain:

Thrall - Friendly Vampyres within 3 spaces of this champion gain a rank of Drain.

Edit: the blood ball on demand mechanic would be pretty sweet if more vamps got Relocate: Blood Ball.

They don't all have to be mindless thralls (and I think we have enough of walk-forward-hit-stuff-in-melee champs in the theme as is). I can easily imagine servants/followers (Class: Priest) that are willingly accompanying Vampyres, especially if they get an option to turn into one under certain conditions.

13. mahesar

I agree that it spawning 4 balls would be a bit much. I'd be ok with a single ball if we can choose which square it lands on, as you mentioned. I think the hp loss should be a little more inline with the healing done too. I mean with the fountain, you lost 5hp on the relic, and netted 32 hp healed before considering greater vampirism. Granted though, it'd cost you 7 ap to walk around the get all 4 balls with 1 champ so I suppose that's a consideration as well.

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

15. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Pretty much, but it can have 1:1 (1:1.5 with unfixed greater vampirism) health ratio, be an active and basically work like a Deploy: X ability.

16. mahesar

Or you could look at it as being akin to transfer life, except it goes into the ball instead of directly to a target champ. Since it would be on demand and not at the start of a turn.