Levels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeeperz2, Oct 16, 2016.

1. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

As it stand there are only 99 levels a player can achieve currently, and someone refresh my memory but I think when you level up every 10 levels or so you would get rewards such as gold or runes?

Anyways the point of this thread is the idea of a level increase maybe to about 500 or so, each 100 levels gaining higher rewards than the former, this will promote vets and noobies alike to keep playing for higher rewards. And c'mon it would be nice to be at a level such as 500 really showing who the vets are instead of being trapped at level 99 like everyone already is.

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

It isn't a bad idea, just most current games stick to low max levels (League of legends?) and show how "old" they are by amount of games played; and how experienced they are by their ranks.
    I don't know if we need this, to some degree rewards for climbing up the ranked ladder is the said reward for gaining "levels" every reset. Which as it stands, is not easy to beat for a lot of people, offering a decent challenge for the majority to strive to overcome.

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

To add to my last post, if any level system were to be updated/added, it would/should probably involve guilds, as currently they lack any form of show of experience/age nor any reward incentives.
    I'd love to feel like each player is really playing for a team they call theirs. Give you an extra reason to overcome challenges, for the friends who rely on you , and you on them.

Drums of war and Guilds both fail to add this extra feel of belonging to a team. Currently the only reason to win, is for yourself, no one else benefits nor has incentive to help better your gameplay for a common cause.

Etherielin, jeeperz2 and bambino like this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

the pride of being a level over 9,000.

5. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I will have to agree with this as someone who loves the idea of guilds we definitely need some incentives and rewards for being in guilds opposed to well.. Just being in guilds. As for the previous statement I would have to disagree I don't think it's challenging enough climbing the ladder in ranked it seems less about skill and more about how many times you are willing to play the game especially with these few people online. The only thing in my mind that seems worth it from ranked are the shards, if we are talking about gold grinding you could just play dailies and campaigns and complete the achievements without actually having to go into pvp. A lot of those achievements seem more suitable to playing single player anyway.