Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Third year in chemistry, feels like Bane Shift aswell. I constantly think about throwing it; its fascinating and ******** at the same time.

And A's and B's? Ha. Fat chance. DIdn't have to retake any tests so far, but my grades aren't stellar

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Yeah it's turning out alright isn't it? I didn't expect that many people to be so open about their life.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. Vaayshan

Vaayshan Member

Same here, thx for listening guys.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Currently 15, born in London but lived in Canada for a bit, then when i was 6ish my mum got diagnosed with breast cancer so my whole family moved back to London. She died when i was 8 - and we moved (again) down to devon in order to escape. I'm now at a Grammar school, GCSEs in a month, predicted 10 A*s or so... Really not gonna get them, never worked for school and not starting now, so yeah.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I turned 35 on 4/11. Got 4.5 kids, 13 yr old identical twin girls, boys 7 and 9, 5th child (girl) due in early June. For me it's all about family. I went into the USMC after high school, got out, got a degree in business then hit the finance word. Did well there, got published a couple times, been on CNN 3 times, satellite analyst, but twice they didn't even cut to me haha. I'm transitioning away from commercial finance and moving into supply chain consulting.

That's a very short version of a very long story. Wherever you are on your journey, don't give up, just work hard and opportunities will open up in front of you.

soulmilk, iPox, Makorov and 4 others like this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

not cool to count the twins as one and a half dude.

7. Cocostel

Cocostel New Member

The 0.5 is the unborn girl, nub.

8. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Haha that looks pretty similar to my story except that I'm 26 now and it took me 6 years to realize that I wasn't motivated enough to finish university, telling to myself every time that it will be better next year. I was also too proud to admit that this just wasn't for me, because I never liked studying and my good sense of logic and rather fast learning skills weren't enough at that point to succeed. So I just had to drop everything, a bit late. :D
    Eventually I could still find a cool job with the small knowledge I have already accumulated and because I was speaking a bit of english. (It was just a month ago actually)
    So no hope should be lost. :p

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

While I didnt really touch much on the negativity in my life, I've been dealt my fair share of bullshit. Whether it's small problems we all face on a day to day, or things that completely alter your life. These things are going to happen, it's up to you as an individual to overcome stuff. You'll have family to support you through tough times, I myself never really had much a family, I was more or less cast aside but the ones I thought where supposed to be solidified in my life. But the people that helped me the most, was in fact my friends. I overcame problems eternally, as a individual. But it was the support of others that really gave me the resilience to become a better person.

If there is anything that you youngins' can take from a simple thread like this; is just be yourself. Don't let people change you, even if you're not sure as to where you're going or what you're doing. You'll find little clues along the way, things that will help define you as an adult. I had the blessing of being on my own (not with immediate family) some people are mystified at that statement, but through the betrayal and anguish I felt. It shaped me into a more loving person, who knows when something isn't real. It's bitter sweet.

Find something you love doing, or seeing.. And never, ever let go. Life isn't about what you're doing right now, it's about where you're going. That's a simple statement but it holds a lot of weight. I'm just glad I was able to figure that Bane Shift out earlier on in my life. A lot of people go on their whole lives being miserable, it's saddening to see. But again it's about your individual actions. I like to think about this; Our seventy to one hundred years on this planet is a big deal for us, that's a considerable amount of time. But compared to the universe as we know it, one hundred years isn't Bane Shift all, in fact it's probably less than 1000000000000millionth of a fraction of the age of the universe. So make it the best damn tiny little fraction you possibly can, cause life is a Firking miracle. Treat it as so.

Also, little side note. This thread is full of win; thanks for reading everyone.
    Peace and love,

Karmavore.

iPox and Qucas like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

hey, you're not baskit, you don't know that :p

11. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I found an old gift card(3? 4 years?) last week under my bed that still had money on it so i dumped $30 on pox. Got 4 legendaries and 6 exos out of 2 boxes. I have to say rolls have been rather weighted for me lately I get an exo at least every other pack old or new. Life is good ^_^

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He was right. If anything g the girls were 2.5. Here's why:

They were born January 2001. I was an analyst in military intel. We were looking for the 9/11 bad guys, we knew of an imenent threat, but no details, looking for a needle-sized object that we weren't sure was a needle in an oversized haystack.

Momma had a wreck at 24 weeks (40 wks is full term) and it broke her water. The "water" is what comforts the baby from the mother and the mother from the baby among many other things (google it). Also at 24 weeks the lungs have not fully formed and the babies, since they were multiples, were about 1.5 lbs each.

They stopped her labor and put her on hospital bed rest. She lasted until 28 weeks. That was crucial growing time for the babies. But, still, when they were born they each weighed only 2lb 4.8oz (1.043 kilo). We were told they'd be quadrapralegic among many other things. One of them had a 4th grade bleed in her brain that mysteriously ironized and repaired itself. The other needed neonatal heart surgery,but ended up not needing it. We were told they'd never walk or talk and probably wouldn't develop beyond a 5 yr old brain.

My wife, who before and after pregnancy weighed about 105 lb (tiny), far away from her family, and with a husband who wasn't able to be there much and who was called away at momens notice, did all this and raised them until 6months old pretty much on her own. I exited the Marines when they were 6 months.

Oh, and btw, the doctors were wrong. My daughters are nearly the tallest in their class. Honors/AP everything (in America tha means the do well at school), one is in choir and art, with a peice of art up at our local library, the other is in track and can run like forest gump. No signs of anything negative from their birth circumstances.

A very small part of that very long story. My wife is my hero.

soulmilk, iPox, yobanchi and 6 others like this.
  13. Boozha

Your wife's a champion, seriously

soulmilk, iPox, Leadrz and 3 others like this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I prefer the term Amniotic fluid to "water", did ya know that stuff turns a greenish yellow when it dries?
    I clean up birthing beds at the hospital 19:00 to 22:00 on wednesdays and fridays and one weekend every 4 weeks as a side job while I am studying applied biology.
    (wich I should market as bachelor of science if I ever need to apply abroad.)

also my mother and sister are midwives, my father is a nephrologist, but explaining things in laymans terms is a very skill and done nicely here :D

how much trouble do you think a doctor/hospital can get into if they give someone expectations wich have the posibiliy to fall short?
    this happens everywhere because nobody is sueing doctors when their loved ones actually turn out healthier/better than predicted.

I agree with the wife =champion/hero thing.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@Geressen

I was speaking in the vernacular. One should always know their audience.

As for the second part, doctors are wrong all the time. My point wasn't that they misdiagnosed or that there was any culpable negligence on their part. Rather that, based on our own beliefs, they and their science were not in control and therefore not able to define or predict the circumstances. =)

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

sorry I don't speak french :p

same can be said of everything really, but i understand what you mean.

Baskitkase likes this.
  17. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'm 21, currently in Aberystwyth University studying International Politics and Security Studies.

It's hard writing this in a way to be interesting.
    Anyway I've spent a decent bit of my early childhood being bullied, parents didn't have much money so decided to try and jump for an assisted scholarship to a place called Merchant Taylors, needed to be 3rd within the testing process across a year and pulled 5th, grandparents gave up much of what they had to get me into the school and cover the horrendous fee's. I enjoyed it, made some friends who weren't great friends and got a decent education. During that time I was contacted by the Army Officer Selection Board (AOSB) as a potential candidate to join the army post-studies, I'd never thought about it before but decided to throw myself into it.
    Did ok in school, never great, but never really put the effort in. Had a mild break-down aged 16 or so when I realized what a colossal disservice I was doing to my Grandparents for not giving my all and actually hitting the potential I was consistently told I had. Got into the testing process for the AOSB and passed through, best moment of my life to date that was, was Firking up everywhere and out of 2000 people I got selected with 49 others for such a bloody good role.
    Then I went to college while joining the Territorial Army and serving a 6month tour in Cyprus. ****ed my A-Level's completely, AOSB Scholarship was withdrawn and I was ****ed. Decided to press on and apply for a Excellence Scholarship to Aberystwyth, passed the test and got an unconditional offer which was THEN the best moment of my life to date.

Came to Aberystwyth, met friends who I can treat as real friends and, what I see as, the love of my life who I'm proposing to this July 23rd on her birthday.
    I still hate myself, still think I failed at the expectations I and others set for me, still not quite attentive enough in the education process, getting better on that mind as well as my fitness, started weight training again not upto running everyday though.

Enjoy every day I get away from home and in the Uni, learning things which I hope to hell stay relevant and generally seeing an upturn in my life I don't particularly deserve.
    Sorry for it winding and being a tad nonsensical.

18. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

...I'm so terrified it's going to go away. So bloody scared.

Baskitkase likes this.
  19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You'll be fine. Everyone else is just as terrified as you are. Get there and get settled in, try and make some friends that will help bring you up instead of bring you down. As with anything in life, try to define your goal (good grades? good time?) and do your best to have all of your decisions further yourself towards that goal.

This is easier said than done, and you'll make bad decisions and good decisions. Good things will come from bad decisions and bad things will come from good decisions, but that's the definition of life. There is no way to know what's going to happen, but try your hardest and do your best and you'll have lots of good memories, no regrets and plenty of opportunities.

Molosse likes this.
  20. Boozha

Stop being so hard on yourself, man. Your grandparents helped you out of love, not to get some investment return from you. If you study just hard enough to pass you will get a job and be able to help them out just alright, and even if you fail that won't stop you from helping them as good as you can. Love your girlfriend/wife, be loyal to your friends and know that you deserve a decent life just as much as the next guy. Keep your head high - lacking discipline is no reason to hate yourself, you don't seem to lack decent morals, which is much more important.

Molosse likes this.