Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Apr 5, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Molosse don't forget that lovely lass of yours

Molosse likes this.
  2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

And did it go away?

3. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Life stories, hmm.

Short said:

Up until I was 10:
    - Popular elementary school kid, first of the class, happy family.

Age 11:
    - Parents started fighting every day until my mum was in the hospital and my dad a fugitive of the law.
    - Dad did not have to go to jail.
    - Divorce of my parents.
    - Stopped seeing my dad.

Age 12 - 13:
    - Lawsuits which brought both parents on the edge of poverty.
    - Bullied in middleschool.
    - Terrible grades and developped a hate for society.
    - Mum was not the best mum to say the least.
    - Moving around every year to a smaller place because of money issues.

Age 14:
    - Started seeing my dad again. Not the best dad but he left me alone.
    - Became the "messenger".
    - Tried to keep my brother out of the conflict and had to raise him more than my parents.
    - Started playing Pox (hehe)

Age 15:
    - Discovered alot of lies that my mum told me (on top of her not being the best mum).
    - Only went to see her occasionally.
    - Decided to live with my dad.
    - No rules, did whatever I wanted.
    - Started playing the drums.
    - Got first friend in middle school.
    - Got first girlfriend.
    - Still a strong dislike for society.
    - Dreams about traveling.
    - Started writing poetry.
    - Forumstore.

Age 16:
    - Went to a different school, because grades.
    - Studied music.
    - Met my best friend and became popular in school.
    - Stepmum out of nowhere whom tried to add rules to the house.
    - Ran away near the end of the schoolyear with new girlfriend.
    - Fell in love with traveling and hitchhiking.
    - On Child Focus and newspapers in Belgium.
    - Caught by police in South of France.
    - Did not finish school year.
    - Forced to change school.
    - Tradestore on website.

Age 17:
    - New "elite" school.
    - Popular new kid.
    - Skipping, sleeping in class.
    - Still hate for society.
    - Performances with my poetry.
    - Travels (to many to go in detail).
    - Became close with my dad.
    - Passed year.

Age 18:
    - Skipping, sleeping in class II
    - First real love.
    - Started to see good things in society too.
    - Stopped playing the drums.
    - Poetry got better.
    - Travels.
    - Start of Poxbrothers.
    - Failed year.

Age 19:
    - Did not know new class group (3 years younger).
    - Spend time with old class mates.
    - Skipping and sleeping in class III
    - Travels.
    - Lost girlfriend.
    - Passed year.

Age 20:
    - Friends graduated.
    - Made new friends in my year (mostly people some years behind as well).
    - 3 rules for myself: no skipping, no sleeping, if test atleast read up on it.
    - First of my class in first semester.
    - Graduation was in the pocket -> skipping part IV.
    - Travels.
    - Graduation.

Age 21:
    - LIVING IT UP ON MY 7 MONTH TRIP.
    - 3 months hitchhiking in the US.
    - Closed down Poxbrothers.
    - In Costa Rica at the moment.
    - Dominican Republic 24th of march!

Well that's about it, sorry couldn't do it shorter, haha! ;)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    soulmilk and newsbuff like this.
  4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Okay, 10 month update!

Recently started a new trial for some medcation and haven't had a seizure this year yet! I was having several a month before so it's going so well and it's really exciting to feel a bit more normal.

Still work in the same lame call centre and it really sucks! I've been here a year and I hate it. But I am awesome at what I do so get alot of appreciation/compliments etc which I hope will springboard me places in the future.

Saved £15,000 in just over a year, still not sure what I want to do with it.. Might buy a house, start a degree, go travelling.. Unsure.

Still have anxiety but it's much better than it used to be, social life is starting to develop again which is awesome.

2013/2014 was probably the worst time/year of my life because everything basically fell apart and the life i'd planned was.. destined to go nowhere. But i've decided to make 2015 the year of progress! I plan to start new hobbies, get back on top of learning a language, get a new job.. and BE HAPPY!

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Life:

Die.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

My life took a turn for the worst over the last two months, It was going amazing up until this point; I had a job where I was making a lot of money ( more than I should be at my age) everything was going great. But obviously life likes to throw you some huge bullshit curve ball and Firk everything up....

We went to Nelson (small town in B.C.) for a work camp type situation (long 12 hour days in asbestos containment) for about a month living off bar food and tequila shots, followed by the daily drunken stagger to my hotel room. But in this haze of tequilla shots and long days, I kinda failed to notice the warning signs; why was the company looking for work outside of Vancouver, why all of a sudden was it required for us to work outside of the norm? Only briefly thinking about it, I had come to the conclusion that the reason we'd come all this way for a month long job site was because it was a big check for the big boss, and we'd all make some decent coin in the process. Again, seemingly normal.. But what I had failed to realize is; after a year of non stop hard work the company ran dry of it's resources, basically there was no money left.

So Nelson was finished, I was burnt out beyond all belief. We got told from our Boss that we'd have a 1 week Christmas holiday, as a pat on the back type gesture. Which sounded awesome to me, 1 week where I didnt have to worry about getting up in the morning; a week where I could spam Pox-Nora games and have long nights with my girlfriend filled with boos/music/sex. Which again sounds Firking fantastic! But after that quick week filled with good times and long nights passed, that inevitable Monday reared it's ugly head. The Monday my life basically changed entirely, everything I had considered routine was altered completely.

On that Monday, I got a call from our Foreman saying we where waiting on some permits for our next job site, and was promised there'd be work within the next two weeks. Which was fine by me, that meant I got a little more time to be a lazy bumb; and I wasnt really that stressed about money since I had money left over after a pretty big Christmas shopping list. I had paid my rent early, which felt good and I was slowly counting the days down till we'd be starting our next job site. But here's the curveball; after the two weeks passed there was no phone call and no word of what was happening next. I became a bit anxious to figure out what was happening, money was becoming more of an issue since I had nothing coming in. I bought groceries, filled my endless cigarette habit paid off my Hydro/Cable/Internet/Phones off and was left with enough money for the next two weeks for lunch/bus fare to get to and from work(hoping I'd get that phone call). As each day went by after hearing "we'll have work in two weeks" I became more stressed, still nothing from the bosses as to what was happening. I tried to get into contact with them (tried the head-office phones/personal cell phones/house phones/Email/text) but it seemed like each phone number was another dead end.

So now it's two days before Valentines day a week after we'd been told we'd be working two weeks from that date; still no word from my boss; and still no income to help ease my stress. I wake up at my usual time, still hoping to hear from my boss; I go upstairs to check the mail and to my surprise I see something sent from our head office! I thought to myself "maybe it's a check or something." As I opened it up, I got a huge wave of anxiety and for good reason. To my surprise it was my RoE (record of employment) with a letter attatched to it saying something along the lines of "Due to recent events within the company, we're no longer able to supply you with work; Ace Demolition has been terminated and no further work is scheduled." ---- Firking sweet right!

After weeks of waiting and being told there's going to be work; I get dealt the shittiest hand possible. I'm halfway through the month with no foreseeable income and no job prospects cause I wasn't planning on being jobless. So I did all that I could; I went and looked on Craigslist for those under the table jobs that paid out cash at the end of the day. Within an hour of searching I had applied on a couple posts; and promptly got a reply from one of them. I answered the phone eager to work, and of course he said I'd be working the next day! So that was some really good news and a lot of stress that kinda just trickled away. I was working again and had the end goal in sight; rent. After a week of hard labor that glorious Friday showed up; I was expecting a nice big lump some of cash to bring home. So this guy I was working for said he'd be back in a half hour to deliver my money, I said cool no worries It was only 3:30 (usually finished at 4:00 anyways) so I waited until 4. Then it was 4:30, I thought maybe traffic was bad so he'd be a little late, it was rush hour after all. 5pm rolls around, still no sign of him. So I phoned him to see where he was at.. No answer. It's no 5:30 and I'm still waiting around for this dude to show up..And of course.... Nothing. I waited until 7pm for him to show up; and at this point I'd called him about 10 times and was pretty pissed off.

I went home at 7:30, I gave it another half hour just to be sure (at this point I knew I'd been ****ed) -- There's no real way I can back-track this to an agency or get someone to investigate it because it was an under the table job which is basically illegal work; So I was pretty much SoL-- This was February 2oth I was expecting a 600$ paycheck for the week and I'd been ****ed over yet again; Basically a week away from the end of the month and I was ****ed for cash. Stuck back in the position I was in a week earlier, expect this time around things became a little more serious because, there's no Firking way I can make 975$ for rent and no family to help me out in these types of situations. Cause well, my family's few and far between and the only person around me is my mom, which barely makes it by as is. So I'm ****ed for options..

It's now February 23rd, and I'm not sure what to do. I'm basically in the position of being evicted from my apartment and me and my girlfriend don't really have anywhere to go. I have my mom I can fall back on, but I'm not sure if my girlfriend is going to be okay with that. Currently my stress level is through the roof and I'm really finding it hard to have any motivation. I've resulted to going into day-labour jobs which don't pay Firk all cause the minimum wage in B.C. Canada is a joke @ 10.25$ a days worth of work nets you 71.62$. Basically I'm ****ed. I'm 21 and I have no idea what the Firk I'm going to do.

So that's where I'm at right now.
    Sorry it was long winded.
    Not really sure why I thought this would help, but I guess it feels good to share my pain; hopefully it'll make you feel better about your situation.

Skullferno likes this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Karmavore:

In the short term things are gonna be very tough. You know that already, so I am just validating. This is the perfect situation to help one evolve. Each of us has these kinds of moments sooner or later. This thread is all about peeps surviving some pretty tough turn 2 draws, as it were. In the long run, I 100% recommend the course by Dave Ramsey. Even if you are not at all religious, the wisdom and principles he promotes are truly at the next level. Dude is VERY passionate, knows his shiz backwards and forwards, is entertaining, and his financial management philosophy will save you a lot of angst as the years and decades roll along. Keep your chin up. PM or catch me in client as you have the chance. Peace out my Canadian brother.

Sincerely,

Overlord of Gelatin

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I have a feeling that this is some sort of way to vent about life so I'll give it a shot.

10:
    My parents split up and one moved back to America the other stayed in England

11-12:
    Started Secondary school and that was enjoyable for the next 4 years.
    Then my dad said I was going to be boarding at school for a week which turned out to be 3 years.

15:
    My dad disowned my half sister and practically disowned me for not trying to follow in his ''sophisticated'' life choices.
    Mother moved out and then 6 months later tried to commit suicide due to money problems and a mental illness (Dual personality)
    Got a girlfriend

16:
    Got a roommate which was awesome.
    Got cheated on because I was ridiculously depressed.
    Skipped school with my friends until I got expelled.
    Failed practically all my GCSE's apart from Math and PE and English.

17:
    Got back with my ex and then got cheated on again (Bad life choices)
    I developed trust issues and the only people I actually trust or care about is 3 of my friends and my half sister.
    Started college but quit 8 months later due to realising that I was never going to follow the career path the course had me set for.
    Room-mate moved out to move to London which sucked.

18:
    Have/had problems with my throat which either required surgery or to pop pills every day to stop it from growing ( I chose the latter)
    Applied for Camp America with one of my friends next year where I will be teaching Athletics for 3 months in Cali :D
    Basically now I just watch Netflix, go into town or go to the gym until I'm able to apply for a Physical Education course at college in september.

9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

This chap is having a terribad day too:

upload_2015-2-23_22-7-11.jpeg

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Really hope things shape up for you Karma. I really respect how hard you've worked. You will make it. Guaranteed.

Alakhami and Leadrz like this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I still love you, bro.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm not on your friends list?

But... all the talks and sex we had? You used me?

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I read a little about it and noticed similar behavioural patterns in myself, although of lesser magnitude. It kind of scared me in regard of how accurately some of these descriptions fit me. At this very moment I'm waiting for the school psychologist to "examine" me for the first time in my life, because I know that something is wrong.

As for my own life, I'm attempting high school for the 3rd time during my life and I'm 25. I have no problems understanding topics or connecting them together, but I don't attend classes as much as I should, and I am lagging with my assignments. When I do them, they're near-perfect, but I rarely do. Part of it must be due to my longstanding addiction to gaming, part is probably connected to other issues, a daughter which my ex won't allow me to see (and which I'm not doing nearly enough to), my abusive history of fathers and the thousands of issues that built up from that.

Besides that, I work cleaning in a big shopping center and live with my girlfriend. Regular life, eh?

14. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I am 21. Looking forward to uni at some point. Currently working as a foreman for a moving company. Was 9 months as a military police in the Gulf of Finland Naval Command. I speak finnish, swedish, english and french.

I like playing golf and icehockey. PC master race

BurnPyro and Sealer0 like this.
  15. Alakhami

Ha, life does have its twists. I think you will get through it, Karma. You seem like a strong and honest man.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    Baskitkase likes this.
  16. Alakhami

Have you decided on what hobbies, language? And Firk, call center must suck. You should try do something else that you will enjoy, even if it pays less.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's amazing to hear people's stories. Survive, people. Try to improve no matter how small the improvement. You are worth it and you deserve it.

Karmavore, Qucas and DarkJello like this.
  18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

except you.

yeah, you. you know who you are.

the rest of you though, carry on.

Sirius likes this.
  19. Alakhami

I had a nostalgic feeling yesterday and reread this thread. Thought it would be good to revive it, see how people are going on from the last time they wrote here :)

20. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Well if you stopped chasing after Dagda's tail then maybe we could talk....

Slut.