Limited Edition Runes as Legendaries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 6, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

To reskin the doombringers there is but one option...... Blue Belly!

2. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

150k's and angels. Read in a comment harby's were avaliable too, so i thought that covered most. Just checked to see that harbies are not on legend list, sorry. Meant that almost all but old 300k's and some oddities are there. Those will be released when there's a set of 8 of them ready.

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Technically correct, but this is a mistake and not really in the spirit of the thread I think.

Angels were also given legendary ones.

The only important non-obtainables are Doombringers.

4. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I'm cool with waiting on a set of 8 on the 'oddity' runes (Grim'thir, Fan Faire) before making them available in a legendary version. I'd also be perfectly fine with those same things staying super rare nigh on unobtainable. I just think that so long as they're in that second category, they should simply not be allowed in the ranked queue. And to re-iterate, it's not a matter of the runes being broken (I personally wouldn't run Octopi Helm if someone paid me to do it), it's kind of like how promo cards in MT:G are banned from most official tournaments. Most of them would be more likely to lose you a game than win, it's the fact that there isn't a reasonable expectation to obtain those cards for competitive play.

(Although, in MT:G's case, it can be argued there are even some high value standard rotation cards that are darn near impossible to find :cool:)

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Just sayin...