Little bursts of gold

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Questionfrog, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Questionfrog

Questionfrog New Member

So I just started playing about a week ago and I'm really enjoying myself. I bought a few core packs using my tutorial/daily gold before I found out extended were much better. So I was wondering if there was any little hidden gold rewards hanging around? Stuff like unlocking every public deck through walkthroughs (Nope) or completing every free campaign?

Also would you recommend a treefolk or spider deck for a new player? Cost is the biggest concern. Thanks.

2. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Your best bet is in the daily challenges - there's usually a "use this faction" and a "use this champion type" each with 350 gold after you play two matches. If those two matches are the daily challenges (on the front page) then you'll get another 500 gold if you win them too.

3. Questionfrog

Questionfrog New Member

That's what I've been doing. If it's a faction I don't like I just do their walkthrough mission twice and rush the base. Takes like 15 minutes tops.
    I just found out I can do skirmishes for one card each, so that's pretty nice. As for gold though I was more talking about things past the dailies I could do for little bursts.

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

• Complete the Tutorial
    • Complete all 8 Faction Walkthroughs for the free Public Decks: You can use them for the daily Faction achievement if you have the time (only if you're not in a rush, otherwise just do dailies)
    • Complete all owned campaigns (esp the P/W Beginner Battles) for the sake of completion (dat sexy ticked box) and lore/fun (low priority)
    • If you feel like it, for the sake of completion and some easy-to-get decks, spend the 1k gold on each Public Deck; most players don't advise doing so
    • Complete the Welcome to Pox Nora chain, both the AI way and the multiplayer way for massive gold. Note you can only complete it once; hide it forever afterwards
    • Don't skip the dailies. Ever.
    • Try to build your "daily-rush" deck ASAP. That way you can also complete the 1st of the 4 daily achievements along the dailies (splash in the unit with ATK magic or detect or w/e it asks for)
    • Try to focus on one strong deck/collection (ie faction) in order to have a better time in multiplayer/ranked and getting their 2 daily achievements
    • Skirmish spam is your friend for free Core Set cards: Never shard in beginning, which leads to the next point:
    • PoxBox is your best friend. 24/7 trashcan to throw all the runes you don't intend to use
    • If you feel like farming gold, Euan's last stand is the best campaign for doing so; That said, idk how that compares to farming multiplayer/skirmish for cards
    • If you feel like farming exp, Trials of Wrath Part 4 is the best way to go (deploy, attack, surr, repeat)
    • IMO never buy core packs. #1 prio get your Avatar for your faction (you get the Warbanner too :3), and then Extended Boxes all the way; Forget about Tokens and Campaigns (completionist stuff)
    • The trader is dangerous. IMO stay away until you know what you're doing. That being said,
    • Ask around for free runes. Don't go full peasant mode though.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    AKHolic and Karmavore like this.
  5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Bane Shift this should be stickyed, good post.