LoadLibrary Failed Error

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Evilinge, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Evilinge

Evilinge Well-Known Member

Hello, i got a problem that started today.
    when i start the first Screen splashes up, the one that checks for updates.
    When i press Play Now! i get this Error "LoadLibrary failed with Error 128: Wrong Parameter"
    Yesterday everything worked fine, any clues what may cause this?
    I updated my Win 7 yesterday it installed a few security updates for Net Framework 4.5 and Windows.

Edit
    Its an ATI problem i already had this problem, Ati messed up the registry entries for some .dll
    that are required for OpenGL.
    I saved the solution in a .txt file was searching that thing for 2 Hours.

" Open command prompt with Admin (of course)

64 bit:
    Type cd /d C:/Windows/SysWOW64
    C refers to installation directory.
    Once you are in C:/Windows/SysWOW64
    Type “copy atioglxx.dll .dll” Press Enter
    Wait for message “One File Copied”

32 bit
    cd /d C:/Windows/System32
    copy atio6axx.dll .dll
    "

That fixed it the first Time, but not now and the Error Number is 87 instead of 128 now.
    So i found another fix for the 87 error that was:

64 bit
    C:/Windows/SysWOW64
    delete or rename atiglpxx.dll

32bit
    C:/Windows/Sys32
    delete or rename atig6pxx.dll
    copy atig6pxx.dll .dll

When i do this i can Start Poxnora again, but this fix disables the Hardware Acceleration for OpenGL because of the missing .dll.

It feels like playing an Ego Shooter with 5 FPS.

I really hate AMD now, first time i could fixed it, it doesnt bother me but now its really frustrating.
    I should have bought me my 1st Geforce like i wanted after several years of ATI/AMD

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello, It's good you know what the problem is, but it is unfortunate that it is happening. Have you tried going to the ATI website and re-downloading and installing the most recent driver?

3. Evilinge

Evilinge Well-Known Member

Of course i tried it, several Times, didn`t change anything.
    For now i installed Poxnora on one of my Virtual Machines, that must be good enough until i get this fixed.
    When i find time this week im going to restore a backup of my System Partition, normally i do one every first day of the Month.
    Unfortunately i had to renew the Job for the backup a few months ago and choose the wrong Partition for Backup.
    The latest that is OK is from Juni so i have to reinstall a few things.
    If the System is on the latest State i make another Backup and try the Windows Update again, if i get the same problem then i leave the few Updates out.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ah, I was just going to suggest you try restoring your system to before you installed that windows security update.