Lobbies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxbrothers, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

First of all I want to state that I'm impressed with all the work the Owls have done for this game, this is not a complaint thread, highly a thread in which I want to do some suggestions.

In my opinion there should be an added lobby to differentiate between the different gaming possibilities, I'll state them below.

- Add "Fun Grounds"-lobby basically this would be the place where you come to test a new BG or have fun with the game. Here you could see 1v1 and 2v2 ranks (as it currently is).

- Add "Test BG mode", "Circus mode" and "2v2-mode" in this "Fun Grounds"-lobby. (unranked)

- Make Battlegrounds only 1v1 ranked games, even though 1v1 isn't perfectly balanced, I think we can all agree from all the possible PVP-modes we currently have it's the most balanced one, and only show 1v1 ranks in here.

"Test BG mode" would be the way to test your new BG, you could either join Q or create your own game.
    "Circus mode" would be the way to make the most insane fun BGs and have some fun.
    "2v2 mode" would be the way to play 2v2 games, you could either join Q or create your own game.
    If you join Q you can gain 2v2 rank to, though it wouldn't show in the Battlegrounds lobby.

The reasoning behind this is that in my opinion 2v2, circus and testing do not belong in Ranked but are more some kind of fun way to play the game. If 2v2 ever becomes balanced (which would be a huge task), I could see it in a different lobby, but right now I feel it's more of a "fun-mode" anyways.

Other than this it might be good to remove the Bazaar Lobby and just add it as a third tab, this has been often suggested and I honestly believe it's one of the better ideas.
    Bazaar Lobby is always empty now, in my opinion this could make player trading more viable again as it would be easier to communicate with other players, without "losing time" as you could be in Q meanwhile for example.

Sincerely,

Josh753

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

A place for me to play 2v2 with my friends and play war using circus decks? Yes please.

GameJack likes this.
  3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I like your suggestions but 2v2 needs like its own spot. Also it needs its own ranking for guilds so that people can see which guild actually leads there.

4. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Yea that's something I would really like to see

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I feel we could just add an "Anything Goes" Arena and that would be sufficient… I don't know how I feel about adding two or three more lobbies, the fewer lobbies, in my opinion, the better. I wouldn't mind merging for example the Single Player Arena with either the Launch Pad or Training Grounds somehow.

6. Poxbrothers

Well that's the idea, add one more lobby with the 3 options combined in it (2v2, anything goes/circus, normal 1v1 BG testing).
    I think seperate game-modes should be kept seperate.
    So now I kind of split it up into 3 game-modes:
    - Single Player mode
    - Ranked mode (1v1)
    - Fun mode (2v2, circus, testing)

Sincerely,

Josh753

7. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

I honestly feel that the tournament lobby has a lot of potential to make the game more desirable. For some reason, it just doesn't justify it's name. o_O

8. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

2v2 should not be considered fun only anymore. It should be made competetive as well.

9. PoxZuo

PoxZuo Administrator Octopi

There's some good stuff here to think about. Adding a circus mode could be fun. I think the lobbies could use a bit of cleaning up for sure.

Poxbrothers likes this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would like the Bazaar changed from a lobby to a tab that you can access just like your guild tab. That way you can be looking for a game, in a game, or just hanging out chatting and wouldn't have to worry about missing a trade that you're interested in.

Poxbrothers likes this.
  11. Poxbrothers

This idea have been suggested multiple times by several players and I strongly agree with the general sentiment.
    Will add it to the main post.

Sincerely,

Josh753