Logic 103: A New Beginning was deleted and i want to know why

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gust Gord, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

Just send me a text to why you took it down. IDK why you don't already do that in the first place

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

We as moderators are volunteers that spend time reading every post being made, and we try to catch problematic behaviours, like aggresive posts, off-topic posted in general, usual trolling, etc.

We never explain the user why we delete or mode their post to off-topic because it is obvious for both parts involved.

Some get mad because they are not used to being moderated, mostly because these forums lacked moderators for a long period of time. But in the end the community understands our work and most people respect our effort to clean up the mess.

You are not being tracked down nor we private you from posting stuff on topic. We just found your post innapropiated for obvious reasons and moved it. You got to understand that as an adult and move on.

If you still feel like it's a problem, feel free to message Senshu about it, explaining your concern.

Try to not create drama everytime we moderate one of your posts. We move thread everyday from a lot of people.

3. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

Are you even ranked?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

to answer your questions (and in some ways, rephrasing goyo)-

i am not the mod who took your thread down. however, i do think that it was hugely irrelevant, irreverent, and generally useless. even with that, perhaps it could have lived on in OT (although 'lived' is a bit strong of a word- it didn't have a good future regardless)

we don't send out messages after every instance of moderation because frankly, that's too much work. and a lot of the time, the people moderated know what they did. and when they don't, more often than not they're too obstinate to care (that works for when they do know too, honestly)

as for if he's ranked, i don't know. i imagine he does. what i do know is that rank has absolutely nothing to do with ability as a forum moderator. asking it in that manner also furthers the feeling that you're being aggressive, that this thread will go nowhere constructive, and possibly that you're a troll.

though, and again, this is just me talking here, i don't think you're a troll. i think you're an idiot that likes to spout garbage. but i've been wrong before.

and as a last point, before someone else brings it up- if i tried to aggressively moderate every person that posted garbage on these forums, i'd end up talking to myself and the people whose posts i can't remove.

way too much time to sink

Sirius and BurnPyro like this.
  5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What causes your obsession with Limited League players? It fascinates me.

6. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

My thread violates something or it doesn't PERIOD. Learn2moderate

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It violated the rule stating that your content should be on topic and relevant to the PoxNora forums. Which is the point of the PoxNora forums. Your thread wasn't any of these things.