lol? decay banned form ranked?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by OriginalG1, May 15, 2015.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

lol? decay banned form ranked?

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

That is blasphemy. All this healing is madness. Who would dare ban decay from ranked?

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

What is also funny is the loading screen that warns against flying on too much healing due to FW's strong anti healing

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Wait, is Decay actually banned from Ranked? Really?

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

When did this happen? Wow, had no idea

6. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Good, good.
    One step closer towards the deletion of FW.
    Muahahahhaha :D:D:D

8. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Wait... Where did it get banned?

9. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

it aint banned this is a troll thread

fattyy2k likes this.
  10. OriginalG1

i tryed to que in with decay in my bg yesterday (5/14/15) and it would not let me que till i took decay out. No one else is having this problem?

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I know this is kinda necro, but I'm considering running one, but since I dont have the rune I wont even get it if its banned from ranked...

Also how does it interact with Regeneration? Does the champ loose HP instead of healing or he just doesnt heal?

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, it isn't banned from ranked. Yes, it does cause loss of life instead of healing for Regeneration. Both the spell and condition apply to any healing at all. Although the spell doesn't say it, it only causes loss of life equal to half of the healing, rather than the full amount.

4NIK8 likes this.
  13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Decay is an important counter play rune to this game which has run wild with healing dependency. I would be out raged if it was banned. Counter runes are very important. Another good example are redeploy runes that counter super champing abilities like Thirst for battle, Zealotry, Tales of Valor, Violent, Vengeful, Soul siphon, Adaptive. Examples of these counter runes are, Divinity's touch, Vortex(when avatar is transfigures), Vertical Push, Fading Recollection, Retribution, Doom, Drown, Blink, Onus of Kiergana. I wonder why ST doesn't have any hard counter runes? SL has Forbidden fruit but that is super expensive because you have to sacrifice a champion and an equip. Yea I would say KF and ST got the short end of the stick when it comes to hard counters.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Decay is probably the worst healing counter FW has outside of a few narrow scenarios. Original seems to like it, but fo real, it's weak.

mw24 and Netherzen like this.
  15. 4NIK8

Could you elaborate a bit more, I'm kinda new to the game and just started messing with FW. Which are the better options? Festering and Skull of Decay?

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Festering Wounds is the big one. Anything that wants to get healed is gonna be damaged (outside of some insane preemptory scenarios), and Festering Wounds also deals 10 damage over 2 rounds. Decay lasts 50% longer, but even if your opponent heals into it, Wounds will still like get more damage. It's more vulnerable to Cleanse effects, but the consistent global damage and destealth in addition to only affecting enemies makes it completely outclass Decay.

For something more persistent, I feel Skull is better. It's cheaper to drop, can contest fonts if need be, and lasts indefinitely. FW also has a couple Dark Healing options, and, depending upon the circumstances, those can be valuable as well.

If you just want a one-shot way to shut out basic healing, pick up Festering Wounds. Honestly, if you are running Tomb or Tome, you should already be running at least one Wounds. It's a great spell.

4NIK8 likes this.
  17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Deploy 2 skull against fs just dont put the skulls in a deployment area (font eruption).

18. OriginalG1

skulls are such a soft counter, and the can still heal!!!!!!

decay is where it is at even though i would to see it last a few a few more turn. I you are going to use decay, go 2x, trust me, the worst player ever.

19. 4NIK8

How can they still heal with two skulls? Atm I'm running two skulls but I'm really considering 2* festering wounds instead due to the damage potential, only problem with festering is the duration and that it can be cleansed.

Since I'm a FS player not putting anything at deployment zone is a pretty basic move ;)

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

decay sucks.