LOL NOW YOU KNOW THIS MUST BE SAID

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayscales1, Jan 20, 2015.

1. jayscales1

jayscales1 The King of Potatoes

WHO's IDEA WAS IT TO NERF THE ENTIRE IRONFIST STRONGHOLD???! LOL... You guys serious? where do you see balance in this patch. IF someone could breakdown how they got to the conclusions of a balance with IS compared to all the other factions atm, I will keep my opinions to myself. But this my friend is an outright Slap in the Face to any IS fan, collector user, im no Zealot but majority of my collection and bg's consist of IS. This my friend Is just plain old disrespectful. Im sure it wont stay like this for long but it had to be said, anybody who disagrees with this I would like a statement showing how IS is balanced atm. Our units are Slower, so the 2 hits to one ratio is going to be crazy, thats what the bonus was for! the rushes are going to be terrible to defend against. someone have a face to face discussion with me at PAX whosever over "BALANCE" and break down some "BALANCE" charts with me. feel free to comment or state how you feel all opinions are taken into account. Thanks for your time pox community but if this isnt resolved next few patches Pox will def. lose some good people.

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

IS is still op bro , don't worry

XFurionsX and SaintKiwi like this.
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

It seems WAY too early in the new expansion to be making that claim.

The IS font was nerfed. Aint no doubt. It is an interesting change. Time will tell if IS is fine or not.

@jayscales1

The following is the same advice I gave a fellow KFer: Give it a month man. I feel your pain, but tincture of time is needed.

jeeperz2 and jayscales1 like this.
  4. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

As a long time IS player, I find this expac/patch to be good.

Tarth, Joker, SaintKiwi and 1 other person like this.
  5. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Is this some kind of parody? Can someone enlighten me?

Netherzen likes this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Emotion can become excessive amongst humans, from time to time.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality!

But seriously, IS was so borked it could stand the sledgehammer.

Sirius and Pedeguerra like this.
  9. Pedeguerra

So we reach the summit of why I brought up this song. To the OP:

Open your eyes, look up to the sky and seeeeeeeee

narvoxx likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

5-0 so far though I havnt really played anyone good yet. Worth noting that the new bonus has not yet influenced a match in any way. Its a bit weird not having the +1 AP and I keep leaving my runes at 3ap but it hasnt hurt all that bad yet. I am waiting till I face KF to see how badly I get outpaced but against everyone else its fine.

Sealer0, SaintKiwi and Moles like this.
  11. Pedeguerra

Yeah, this is troublesome. KF hasnt really been the "fast but fragile" faction for a while now.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

As long as we still have the trumpet noise I'm all good.

Sirius, Goyo, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sammich

Sammich Member

Is his entire rant based on the font bonus change? Is that what I'm gathering here?

jayscales1 and Moles like this.
  14. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Sirius, Sealer0, Goyo and 12 others like this.
  15. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

3-0 here, font bonus influence on 2 matchs, my oponent didnt read the patch lol, kf player, rush to the edge of my deploy zone and SURPRISE MOTHER POXER you cant drop your nastyass banner on my manly font, he just leave his litle elf and die like a rat, im going to say i play all that games DEFENSIVE, VERY VERY DEFENSIVE. anyway its the style i like and love from old IS.... feels so good to see that falconer and AA do it nothing more than die lol..... (KF hater here)

XFurionsX, jayscales1 and ptjimbo like this.
  16. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

I was under the impression that this patch/expansion was an attempt to lay ground work for future patches. I think they did a wonderful job.

Yes, it may hurt IS to lose that AP gain but that is something they can look at in the future.

The way I see it is that ST (Ready), IS (Font Bonus), and KF (Faction Bonus) all needed looked at.

If you want a faction to have extra AP over the others that is fine. But they should pay for it in other areas such as damage or health.

You don't get to have a Phalanx or giant snow beasts and put them on railcar too.

Same thing goes for KF. I expect a unit to be fast and nimble and use that to their advantage. Not run at Mach 5 and then put on an ironman suit.

tl;dr: AP gain and speed are an issue in Pox. So are faction/font bonuses. In my opinion.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Grintmaw Gravitone is nutters. 65 nora for 10 dmg, 3 def, 1-4 range, and a damage-improving ability, along with positioning power and internal synergy. Not OP, certainly, but IS is lookin fine.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Every game, someone has tried to put a relic in my font...

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

What was even nerfed that 65 hp bouncer? Dwarves were basically untouched your heroes are intact your spells are still op and your new font bonus along with new runes basically makes it so your font will never again be contested. Sad day for is with you around.

20. Pedeguerra

Yeah, that bouncer nerf was pretty hilarious.