Loss of Life vs Oblivion Shield

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Ralphen, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Firk Executor versus an Inkblight Witch equipped with a Shield of Darkness.

Executor activates Corruption and uses the Attack: LoL against the witch. The OS animation triggers and the loss of life is prevented, but both OS and SoD should only prevent Damage.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

They cause attacks to fail they don't prevent damage.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Ralphen is saying that oblivion shields from both the equip and the witch herself triggered at the same time, technically giving him an extra attack.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

But that isnt what is says or implies.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Ah, right, my bad. I skimmed over his text.

6. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

This is not what the descriptions say at the moment. They both are along the line of "damage from X attack is prevented"... if this is meant as a statement to say that the attack fails, it should be reworded.

On a side note. The above combo can prevent 2 attacks per turn.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    SPiEkY likes this.
  7. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

Oblivion Shield prevents damage. It does not make the attack fail.
    Judging by the description, it should not prevent Loss of Life, but the animation should still trigger. This is a bug, unless the Inkblight Witch's defense was high enough to completely absorb the attack.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Shield of darkness is being changed in the midterm patch to grant oblivion shield, so this issue will resolve itself.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not necessarily, they are correct that the text reads about damage. I know in function the ability causes the attack to be unsuccessful but the text does read that it prevents damage which suggests LoL attacks should work. If I had to guess I would say Oblivion Shield will just have its text updated.