Loyalty + summons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djangoguy, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Is it WAI that summons cut Loyalty off? You know, you don't "deploy" any unit summoning champs

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Which summons was this? Some runes can potentially create units that aren't the same faction (I have been avoiding/fixing these), thus it would cause disable Loyalty.

Djangoguy likes this.
  3. Djangoguy

I specially mean the Essence Claw summon from Coven Claw

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That is WAD, at least, not sure if WAI.

Djangoguy likes this.
  5. Sokolov

WAI. You are obtaining a rune from a potentially different faction.

Looking over the Loyalty text, it is somewhat ambiguous as to what it'd mean.

Djangoguy likes this.
  6. Djangoguy

Thanks for the info :) deploy and summon effect are not much clear to me, this light things out

7. Sokolov

The words DEPLOY and SUMMON have been fairly interchangeably used in Pox history. It's become more consistent that they mean different things recently, but it's still an issue in some cases (for example, all the "Deploy: X" abilities for relics).

Djangoguy likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

So you're saying we need a consistent lexicon and grammar? You don't say.

9. Sokolov

It used to be that Summon and Deploy meant the same thing, at least in terms of descriptions. Summons didn't matter all that much back then because there weren't any real differences - they had presence, could contest, etc. For all intents and purposes, they were the same as a deploy and people weren't careful about which term they used.

But that obviously isn't the case anymore. Deploy: X for relics have been largely summons for a long time and descriptions/names just never changed/fixed (I have fixed it for next expansion tho).

Units is supposed to be CHAMPIONS + RELICS, but whether it is used consistently is fairly hit or miss.

IMAGIRL and PhdNiceGuy like this.