Loyalty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaintKiwi, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Increasing the cost by 5 Nora for the sake of nerfing Voil Stormflyer has negative effects. Resilient Skeezick, Elven Mage, High Warlock, Ghern Soothsayer, and Boghopper Huntmaster will face an increase in cost. They don't need to be any more expensive than they are and Loyalty is the best upgrade you can choose for them. I believe Loyalty should stay the same in cost but be removed from the Stormflyer.

BurnPyro likes this.
  2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Dear god, I hope you never get put on council.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Judging how DOG does things, the only thing he needs is just to stick around, and he will probably get a seat in the near future.

BurnPyro and Nebron like this.
  4. SaintKiwi

You have a deepseated hatred for me due to our last match.

TeaScholar likes this.
  5. SaintKiwi

I'll be sure to do a much better job than you did. I'm sorry what did you even do?

6. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Have to disagree with you on this kiwi. -4 nora for all those stat buffs is too much. Even if you can only use them in ff it turns them into efficient beasts. A nerf to loyalty is warranted.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Vote Kanye 2020

I dont hate you in the slightest, I find you a rather pleasant fellow. But that logic about loyalty is the current DoG method and quite frankly it's lazy. Loyalty gives too many stats for it's cost, and if you were to add up the individual cost for the stats it grants you would probably find it's 10-15 nora less than it should be. Loyalty needs a nerf and just because it's on some shitty runes shouldn't immunize it, you should just buff said shitty runes.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. Pedeguerra

Lol. I will do a survey if I should own your a** right now or not.
    What do you guys think?

9. SaintKiwi

Thankyou. That is much better. The only rune that is OP with loyalty is Stormflyer which makes it the only issue when it comes to this ability. After the next patch we will see a rise in splitfaction players. Ally will be left the same and so will split hero. Ally is very similar to loyalty. Should it not see an increase in cost too?

The runes I mentioned above will be too expensive for competitive play. 78 Nora for Resilient Skeezick? Not to mention the Warlock will be around 90 Nora.

10. Vote Kanye 2020

@Pedeguerra I vote yes, the forums needs some more entertainment.

11. SaintKiwi

It would be my pleasure. I can't wait to open a can of whoopass on you and then put you on ignore.

TeaScholar likes this.
  12. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

*grabs a bag of reeces pieces*

13. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

This statement with your avatar had me cracking up. Freakin epic!

14. Pedeguerra

Ok, then.
    Let's see:
    Joined the game in 08/09. With no help from anybody whatsoever (no runes, no person to teach me, no guild I was affiliated with), broke Limited in my first 6 months of playing (maybe less, but I dont care). I then started slowly grinding my way up, remaining in top 25 or so at any given time.
    When Lonx Chieftain was released (2010?), I decided to pick up Lonxes, a race nobody really played with, and broke top 10 with it. That caught Corpse attention at the time, and he then invited me to join Mercs, the guild that had all the best players in Pox at that time (and probably will be the case forever): Riv, Krebs, Thered, Gaverion, Kthx, amongst many others. You probably dont know these guys cause you are new and your references are Heajmac and Norathat, probably.
    I didnt know, but those guys were the council for Corpse then. He invited me cause he needed someone to help discuss ST related things. So, since 2010, I started helping Pox development team.
    I then remained there under Sok and AlphaPSA devolpment, and DOG invited me to be a part of the council as well. So, lets see, for the past 3/4 years I have helped Pox design/development team for absolutely nothing. Doing it for the love of the game.
    I resignated from this DOG council because I didnt agree with the direction they were taking the game, and did that on my own will (otherwise I would probably still be there).
    I did, however, get some very cool things (that were not money related) while participating, so I cant say it didnt get me anything:
    1- Jakei Footstriker got renamed to Jakei Warfoot, and then he got a recoler and is a limited edition now (thats my ingame account, Warfoot);
    2- Got a direct mention in Ferren Wanderers text - the awesome Whar-Pede.
    3- Kento was my idea to be released as a 150k rune. I discussed it with Sok, he liked the idea and decided to release it. I then gathered all the info there was on Kento through flavor texts in Pox, and we decided what kind of abilities and champs Kento would be. We designed it together, and Im pretty proud to say that 50% of her was on me, the other 50% on Sok.

So, theres that. Throughout my years I helped Pox a lot and a bunch of its players, and you probably see me as a negative person because I cant stand what is being done to the game right now.
    It doesnt matter, though, cause you are irrelevant to me, to Pox and to this community, and you should not have been insulted by what I posted, since it was a jab at the council, not at you per se.
    Welcome to my ignore list.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Inb4 thread gets locked for becoming a **** measuring contest.

16. Pedeguerra

Its not a measuring contest, because you dont compare an ant to a boot that stomps on it. Plus, he asked for it.

17. SaintKiwi

Thankyou for sharing some of your personal history. It was truly inspiring. The only sad part is: I played this game before you. I also don't endorse stepping on ants.

18. SaintKiwi

I thought we were going to play a game, but instead he poured his heart out to me.

19. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

QFT.

20. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Okay, this has gone too far astray from the original intend of discussing Loyalty. I am going to end this now before it devolves any further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.