Lunar Moth (KF Champ)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Lunar Moth
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Race: Arthropod, Spirit
    Class: None
    Size: Small
    Artwork: A majestic moth is perched high atop a tree. The moth has large, elegant, wings which glow a gentle green. A full moon is visible in the background. The antennae of the moth glow the same color as the moon itself.
    Flavor-Text: "She is an enigma. How and why she exists are questions better not asked. Let's be content in the knowledge that she is our friend." -Bliss, the Muse
    Nora Cost: Default: 50, Low Cost: 43, High Cost: 54

Champion Stats
    DMG: 0, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 30

Champion Abilities
    Flight- This champion is Flying and has two additional ranks of Sentry. (6 nora)
    Lunar Greeting- When this champion comes into play, an Illusion of this champion is summoned in each of your deployment zones and all enemy champions become Grounded for 4 turns. (8 nora)
    Self Destruct- This unit can destroy itself. CD: 0, AP: 3. (0 nora)
    Void Howl- When this champion dies, it deals 12 Sonic Damage to all champions within 3 spaces. This damage ignores DEF. If an opposing non-Illusion, non-Summoned champion is destroyed by this ability, an exact copy of this champion is spawned under your control. (15 nora)
    Vulnerability: Frost- When this unit takes Frost damage, that damage is increased by 40% (after DEF). (-6 nora)

Champion Upgrade Path 1
    Antagonize- Target champion within 2 spaces can only target and attack this champion for 4 turns. A champion can only be antagonized by one champion at a time. CD: 3, AP: 0. (DEFAULT, 6 nora)
    Fascinate- At the beginning of your turn, any enemy champion without Iron Will within 5 spaces of this unit is moved 2 spaces directly towards this unit. (3 nora)
    Phantom Dash- For 1 turn, the next time a friendly champion makes a successful basic attack against target champion within 6 spaces, this champion is relocated to the closest available space to that champion. CD: 2, AP: 2. (8 nora)

Champion Upgrade Path 2
    Deafening Aura- Whenever an enemy champion moves within 3 spaces of this unit, it takes 3 Sonic damage and is Distracted for 2 turns. This damage ignores DEF. (8 nora)
    Death Nova: Sonic 2- When this unit is destroyed, it deals 8 Sonic damage to each champion and relic within 2 spaces, and deals half that much damage to any Shrine within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF. (2 nora)
    Sonic Nova 3- This unit deals 9 Sonic damage to each unit within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF. Champions successfully damaged become Distraced 4. CD: 3, AP: 3. (DEFAULT, 6 nora)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. Xirone

This is an odd champion that specializes in dying in order to replicate itself. When it enters play, and when it successfully replicates itself, the Lunar Moth grounds opposing units and creates an illusion of itself in each friendly deployment zone (for this reason, visually, the opponent won't know which one is the real one). Both upgrade paths are meant to help it achieve its primary goal, in one way or another.

Oh yeah, as a note, the ability Void Howl was changed to create an exact copy of the champ (instead of creating a Voidhowler). Additionally, if upgraded, the Death Nova would trigger before Void Howl.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Really, really cool. :)

Xirone likes this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

lol Self Destruct is this game so lame that we need to start using poke'mon attacks (solarbeam)

5. Xirone

FYI, the only ability that isn't already in the game is Lunar Greeting. Also, sadly, I am not familiar enough with Pokemon to exclude abilities from that game.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Emberwasp 2.0

7. Xirone

That's fair. Lunar Moth has much lower damage potential than Emberwasp but has the chance to respawn if it gets a kill. You could say it is a part Emberwasp part Polar Ant.

8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

This thing looks pretty scaring coming in at 43 nora.

9. Xirone

Vuln. Frost could certainly come off for +6 nora.