Mac OS X 10.8.5 Issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TruthSeek, Dec 29, 2014.

1. TruthSeek

TruthSeek Well-Known Member

I recently moved my old account to the new system etc.

At the moment, my pox app starts up, lets me login then goes straight to tutorial. I can start the first part of the tutorial but shortly after the map loads the game crashes. This happens every time.

I've tried everything in the sticky including uninstalling / reinstalling / repairing / java update etc.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?
    Let me know,
    Thanks

Edit: also, after I login, the app icon in the dock is no longer the pox one, it's the default icon for Java applet

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, that is odd. This specifically hasn't been reported by other OSX 10.8.5 users. It could be there is some issue with your computer's drivers. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Also, you might want to try uninstalling java then uninstalling Pox Nora, and make sure you delete all Pox Nora files that are on your computer before reinstalling both Java and Pox Nora.

3. TruthSeek

I tried what you posted and it allows me to to go a little further in the tutorial (pressing ok and tip window popping up) before crashing.

Error Message

Dyld Error Message:
    Symbol not found: ___sincosf_stret
    Referenced from: /var/folders/*/libopenal.dylib
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

4. Senshu

When you say you did as I posted do you mean all of it regarding the drivers and uninstalling? Have you installed all available updates from apple for your OS version? After uninstalling Java did you reinstall the Mac version of Java 7?

Also, you might want to try skipping the Tutorial to see if you have the same problem. Upon logging into the game go to the options menus (hitting the command key should do this) and then select the check box labeled Skip Tutorial. No try to play a Single Player Walkthrough Campaign, and see if you have the same problem.

Also, what are your systems specs CPU, RAM, etc.?

5. TruthSeek

Yep, updated my graphics driver, uninstalled Java and pox and reinstalled them.
    However, I installed Java 8 but I would think that's still fine since my version is higher than what Java website says.
    I'm all up to date with my version.

Skipping tutorial didn't help. same problem starting campaign.

Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB
    Software OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)

6. Senshu

Hmm, the fact you seem to have gotten farther as you stated in a previous post seems to indicate that it is a local problem on your computer but from your specs it shouldn't be caused by hardware. Do you have a steady and reliable internet connection? The fact that a library issue popped up would indicate that there is some sort of corrupt file. When you uninstalled Pox Nora did you use something like App Cleaner to make sure all files were removed before reinstalling? Try uninstalling one more time using something like App Cleaner to make sure all Pox Nora files are removed then reinstall.

7. TruthSeek

I uninstalled with App Cleaner this time. I managed to start to drag a champ off my runedock, but the game then crashed, same error.

8. TruthSeek

I am not entirely sure to be honest. I will work to troubleshoot if this is the issue tonight.

9. Senshu

Trouble shoot it then create a customer service ticket by going to poxnora.com and click on the feedback and support tab and include your results. Make sure you use the email associate with your Pox Nora account.

10. TruthSeek

Ok will do. Thank you so much for your help!